Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The PS4 Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

The PS4 Thread
View Poll Results: Will you buy the ps4
Never 25 28.09%
Maybe 22 24.72%
Defo 37 41.57%
No sure 5 5.62%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-01-2020, 12:00   #376
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The PS4 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I've only used it a few times but was fine with it. Was planning on getting one soon. Gutted I missed out on the recent price drops.
With regards to getting PSVR, i kind of regret getting mine, it has probably had less than a few days use as the novelty of it all didn't last long.

Playing a game like Until Dawn: Rush Of Blood is a must and is fun at the time if it doesn't give you a heart attack!!! but after that there isn't much else and for me i missed the large 4K picture that a regular TV gave, PSVR also didn't work too well with my varifocal glasses as it blurred the edges so was hard to read any text in focus, maybe i will give it another go sometime but i feel it is just a short term thing and won't get much use.
Old 04-01-2020, 14:55   #377
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
With regards to getting PSVR, i kind of regret getting mine, it has probably had less than a few days use as the novelty of it all didn't last long.

Playing a game like Until Dawn: Rush Of Blood is a must and is fun at the time if it doesn't give you a heart attack!!! but after that there isn't much else and for me i missed the large 4K picture that a regular TV gave, PSVR also didn't work too well with my varifocal glasses as it blurred the edges so was hard to read any text in focus, maybe i will give it another go sometime but i feel it is just a short term thing and won't get much use.
Never been into PSVR personally as now l have a longer extension to the control pad l can play from my armchair as sitting on the stool was a bit uncomfortable.
Old 04-01-2020, 18:24   #378
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Never been into PSVR personally as now l have a longer extension to the control pad l can play from my armchair as sitting on the stool was a bit uncomfortable.
How come you don't play wireless?
Old 04-01-2020, 20:38   #379
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
How come you don't play wireless?
A unintelligent man like myself never thought of that.
Old 04-01-2020, 20:54   #380
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
A unintelligent man like myself never thought of that.
Joking right? lol

What is the real reason you play with a cable attached to the controller, is it so you don't have to charge them?
Old 04-01-2020, 20:58   #381
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Joking right? lol

What is the real reason you play with a cable attached to the controller, is it so you don't have to charge them?
l have always done it that way so why change.
Old 04-01-2020, 21:04   #382
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
l have always done it that way so why change.
Trip hazard.

Den i am actually very shocked that you play wired, you can't even charge a PS4 controller via the cable while playing, you maybe able to on the V2 models though so you still have to charge it afterwards after you stop playing.

There is simply no logical reason to have it plugged in other than to make your life difficult, the controllers have all been wireless since the PS3 days for 14 years.
Old 04-01-2020, 21:14   #383
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Trip hazard.

Den i am actually very shocked that you play wired, you can't even charge a PS4 controller via the cable while playing, you maybe able to on the V2 models though so you still have to charge it afterwards after you stop playing.

There is simply no logical reason to have it plugged in other than to make your life difficult, the controllers have all been wireless since the PS3 days for 14 years.
You must know now that l can be the opposite of logic sometimes.
Old 04-01-2020, 21:20   #384
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
You must know now that l can be the opposite of logic sometimes.
I still don't think you will change, if you bought a cordless hoover that could also be used with a wire you would also keep that plugged in.

Anyway a little tip, you can charge the controller using any USB port even if its on a PC, or the ones you can buy with a cheap mains extender block, so there is really no reason to trail it across your living room, the cable could stay plugged in near your chair.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/JnDeeTM-6-6...KN35FZXDS68P83
Old 04-01-2020, 21:33   #385
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
I still don't think you will change, if you bought a cordless hoover that could also be used with a wire you would also keep that plugged in.

Anyway a little tip, you can charge the controller using any USB port even if its on a PC, or the ones you can buy with a cheap mains extender block, so there is really no reason to trail it across your living room, the cable could stay plugged in near your chair.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/JnDeeTM-6-6...KN35FZXDS68P83
My partner hoovers as l would get breathless rather quickly sadly.

l might take you up on your tips though as perhaps this old dog can learn new tricks.
Old 05-01-2020, 19:25   #386
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Trip hazard.

I'm pretty sure you can charge while playing? I'm sure I've done it loads before.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 22:11   #387
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
What......

The controller's only charge via the cable. They are designed to be used wirelessly, it's Bluetooth they use.

---------- Post added at 21:11 ---------- Previous post was at 21:09 ----------

Quote:

I've wanted it for a while and keep missing out on the price drops. At £180 for the starter kit it's a really good price.

Also I can watch my 3D Blu Rays using it.
Old 06-01-2020, 00:38   #388
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
I'm pretty sure you can charge while playing? I'm sure I've done it loads before.
Yes it looks like you're correct you can charge while playing.

So for Dens sake, if you have a V1 controller the connection for playing games is only possible via wireless but with a V2 controller you have the choice for either wireless or playing through the cable.

---------- Post added at 23:38 ---------- Previous post was at 23:34 ----------

Quote:
What......

The controller's only charge via the cable. They are designed to be used wirelessly, it's Bluetooth they use.

---------- Post added at 21:11 ---------- Previous post was at 21:09 ----------

I've wanted it for a while and keep missing out on the price drops. At £180 for the starter kit it's a really good price.

Also I can watch my 3D Blu Rays using it.
If you do go PSVR, some games require 2 move controllers for best results and these are expensive but you can use the original move controllers if you have them.
Old 06-01-2020, 00:42   #389
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Sadly I no longer have my PS3 move controller's. Sold them when I got rid of the PS3 but at the time only got about 5 quid for each one. It's crazy how expensive they are now. I am sure they were only about 40 quid for a pair new back then.
Old 06-01-2020, 00:47   #390
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Sadly I no longer have my PS3 move controller's. Sold them when I got rid of the PS3 but at the time only got about 5 quid for each one. It's crazy how expensive they are now. I am sure they were only about 40 quid for a pair new back then.
The price shot up when PSVR came out.

Btw make sure you get a V2 PSVR there is an important difference regarding TV breakout box which means you wont have to keep unplugging it I think it maybe to do with HDR.