Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 25-12-2021, 23:22   #5566
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Red Notice 7/10 I enjoyed it for what it was.
Me too, it was a good laugh.

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-12-2021, 10:10   #5567
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Matrix Resurrections: 7/10

Really enjoyed it and I love how they changed it enough to make it different and stand out from the previous films e.g. flipping bullet time around and different styles of fighting. I thought the story was very clever and the self referencing at the beginning of the film hilarious; they clearly knew what everyone was thinking.
The reason why I have only given it 7/10 is that I didn't feel the tension and intensity that I felt in the first films where they were fighting for the survival of the human race.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2021, 20:24   #5568
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Spiderman - 8/10

Really liked it. This is my favourite franchise of the MCU. It's the most fun and usually the least worried about everything being connected although this time it's clearly setting up the multiverse thing.

I knew that it would incorporate some of the old Spiderman films so I was worried it would be too much. I am not someone who especially looks for nods to previous films or worries about the lore of these things, I want a good film. I think worrying too much about serving the existing fan base holds franchises back (JJ Abrams Star Wars for example). Thankfully I think they pulled it off and the film stands on its own merits with the nods to previous films just adding to it.

Spoiler: 

I found the Aunt May death being this universe's Uncle Ben quite a powerful moment. It happening much later in the Spiderman story means we have time to know the character making the death more important.

Especially interesting that they inverted Spiderman's role in the death as well. Rather than resulting from him neglecting his 'responsibility', she dies because he took it on. It's sort of a shame they didn't really explore it being a catalyst for him to reject that responsibility now, being talked around by the other Spider-Men, but it's a nice flip.

Last edited by Damien; 30-12-2021 at 20:28.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2021, 05:23   #5569
bigsinky
cf.addict

Services: Broadband Gig1
bigsinky is on a distinguished roadbigsinky is on a distinguished road

Matrix revolutions . Meh…….3/10
bigsinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2021, 21:25   #5570
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Spiderman 8/10 - Definitely a movie event created to further parts of the MCU, possibly expand the SonyVerse and does little for the MCU version of the titular character, but a very enjoyable event. Spiderman's equivalent to Captain America: Civil War.

The Matrix Resurrections 4/10 - I wouldn't even know where to start on the endless list of problems this movie has. A very generous 4 for nostalgia and a promising start and decent middle act.
Old 03-01-2022, 23:05   #5571
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

I would recommend lots of stuff on Amazon. Just watched “The Prodigy” and over recent months Encounter, Boss Level, Infinity all really good.

I think we should open a new section for streaming movies?
Old 03-01-2022, 23:57   #5572
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Spider-Man:No Way Home - 8/10.

Loved the way they pulled all the different storylines from the different films together, with a good balance of action, humour, and emotion.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 00:04   #5573
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Section ?
Dont really know what you mean, but this isnt the right place for such a suggestion, it should go in the website forum.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 01:10   #5574
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
and how would that work? You are already in the film & cinema "section" of the forum so you can by all means starts a new thread which people can continuously add to just as they do this thread but to create a completely new sub-section of Entertainment purely for streaming movies wouldn't work and tbh I think would go largely unused.
Old 04-01-2022, 13:42   #5575
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
and how would that work? You are already in the film & cinema "section" of the forum so you can by all means starts a new thread which people can continuously add to just as they do this thread but to create a completely new sub-section of Entertainment purely for streaming movies wouldn't work and tbh I think would go largely unused.
No, on reflection it was not a good idea.
Old 09-01-2022, 20:05   #5576
General Maximus
Ran Away

The 355: 1/10

The only reason why I am taking the time to even acknowledge it is to warn people not to waste their time. It was that bad that people were laughing at it in the cinema (and it isn't a comedy). This is the kind of film that we will be reading about in the news in a few months time because it cost $75m to make and only made £15m at the cinema.
Old 09-01-2022, 23:43   #5577
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

I saw the previews when I went to see Spiderman, and decided not to bother.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 11:56   #5578
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Watched Ghostbusters last night, it was enjoyable enough. I was just playing spot the reference throughout.......and there were alot.
Old 14-01-2022, 16:20   #5579
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era

Downton Abbey - 5 out of 5. I hope the next film is equally as good.
Rillington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2022, 00:13   #5580
General Maximus
Ran Away

Scream (2022): 8/10

Very clever story and a well deserving sequel. They do a clever recap at the beginning to refresh you of previous events and part way through they take the mickey out of themselves. The story is a continuation of the previous films with a modem twist. It keeps you on the edge of your seat and constantly wondering who is the killer(s) and if you enjoyed the original trilogy you'll enjoy this.

Let me know what you think when you see it because if I had £1 million I would have bet Sam (actress) was Morena Baccarin's daughter and Tara (actress) was Taylor Russell's younger sister and neither are true