Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | release from contract

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

release from contract

Old 25-05-2013, 21:17   #1
dnh
Inactive

Services: virgin v+xl xl bb xl phone
dnh is an unknown quantity at this point
release from contract

Hi my contract is up in September and after watching watchdog i was wondering if i would be able to be released from my contract as my signal is terrible i nearly always have emergency calls only. i have phoned to complain about this before but was told that the weather is to blame. Do you guys think i have a chance of ending early?
dnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-05-2013, 00:46   #2
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Re: release from contract

With such a short time left you probably have a better chance of terminating early. If you call them and tell them you want out of your contract without charge due to a bad signal, they will likely ask if you will speak to one of their techy people. They can tell what cell tower is closest to you as well as seeing how strong your signal is to it. When I spoke to the guy he was telling me it could be interference from wireless networks and all sorts but as there was none near me and I had rebooted/tried in the garden I had ruled it out. The guy was a bit crafty and tried blaming my old handset but came unstuck when I told him I had friends down who tried it with various new phones after that he put me back through to the first people I spoke too who then let me straight out of contract.

If it works the same as my own experience, you now know what to expect.
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote