Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Captain Marvel Movie (2019)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Captain Marvel Movie (2019)

Old 04-03-2019, 13:10   #31
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Captain Marvel Movie (2019)

Going to see it on Friday night. I think it will be a good film. Brie Larson is a good actress, and I think generally, Marvel have done a good jobs with their films (even Age of Ultron, which was a bit of a misstep IMO, was still a good film).

I'm also ignoring the Rotten Tomatoes Score. No one, beyond a few critics, the cast, crew and possibly other Marvel/Disney employees, has seen it yet. You should not judge a film you haven't seen, again, IMO.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2019, 20:07   #32
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post

I'm also ignoring the Rotten Tomatoes Score. No one, beyond a few critics, the cast, crew and possibly other Marvel/Disney employees, has seen it yet. You should not judge a film you haven't seen, again, IMO.
That's just a bunch of angry internet nerds angry at Brie Larson giving it rubbish reviews.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 20:36   #33
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Going to see it on Friday night.
I am going to the midnight premiere in 3D on Thursday night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
That's just a bunch of angry internet nerds angry at Brie Larson giving it rubbish reviews.
yeah, I think it is looks absolutely fantastic and that is coming from someone who thought it was going to be cack to start off with. I can't wait to see it and it feels like it has taken forever because it is the first good film of the year.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 22:45   #34
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
I just looked after reading this, and it has no score yet

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 22:56   #35
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
I just looked after reading this, and it has no score yet
I think they might have already removed it: https://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...trolls/584032/

They're changing the system after this film was inundated with negative reviews.

Quote:
Captain Marvel hasn’t hit theaters, yet it garnered a dismal audience score of 54 percent—far below the totals for other recent Marvel movies. The poor grade is the result of “review bombing,” a practice that’s also widespread in the highly charged world of video gaming.
Old 05-03-2019, 08:39   #36
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

Sunday for me can't wait to see how this is going to link into infinity wars
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 09:06   #37
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

yup, especially the post credits scene, it I going to be a direct tie-in . Luckily we are only going to have to wait 6 weeks to find out what happens instead of the best part of a year with Infinity War.
Old 06-03-2019, 12:03   #38
General Maximus
Ran Away

Old 06-03-2019, 18:39   #39
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
yup, especially the post credits scene, it I going to be a direct tie-in . Luckily we are only going to have to wait 6 weeks to find out what happens instead of the best part of a year with Infinity War.

still it is that wait that is killing me now... want to know which of the original avengers is going to get killed off
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 23:16   #40
General Maximus
Ran Away

well I don't know whether they are going to be "killed" off or written off some other way but I am expecting Iron Man, Captain America and Thor to be no more. We know we are getting another Black Panther, Spiderman, Guardians, Ant-man, Black Widow and and Dr Strange film so all those guys are safe.

At the moment I think Brie Larson/Captain Marvel is going to be the bees knees so it is going to soften the blow for me in Endgame if Iron Man etc make an exit and Captain Marvel takes on the mantle.
Old 08-03-2019, 22:04   #41
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Marvel rarely screw it up.

But I just think after Avengers:Endgame where does it go?
Old 08-03-2019, 23:32   #42
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

They have a bunch of films lined up still. Although I think after Spiderman there is a bit of a break. I want them to move away from having to have all the films/universes line up though, give more creative freedom to each film.
Old 09-03-2019, 19:25   #43
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
But I just think after Avengers:Endgame where does it go?
who knows buy knowing Marvel they have planned years ahead and everything is going to flow smoothly. If Captain America or Iron Man do end up being Mod Edit - potential spoiler removedI imagine there will be a smooth transition over to Captain Marvel. If Thor is going as well though I am interested to see how one characters can fill three characters shoes. Maybe it will be a while before they do another Avengers film which will give them chance to introduce some new characters. Black Panther will be in the next one so that is one, and there is a new Chinese dude coming in as well so numbers wise it will balance out. They have also got Spiderman and Ant-man to draw on as well if needs be so I am sure they will work it out.

Last edited by Hugh; 09-03-2019 at 20:33.
Old 11-03-2019, 16:31   #44
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

2nd biggest Marvel opening weekend, after Avengers: Infinity Wars.

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 26517381-534E-4367-8F02-9E3F5866D527.jpeg (115.6 KB, 18 views)
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 19:08   #45
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

But this movie was gonna fail cos all the ‘fans’ where gonna boycott it because of Disney’s SJW agenda?