Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Changelog

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media Changelog

Old 20-05-2018, 15:22   #1126
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold
Re: Virgin Media Changelog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
That's part of a new code update that's in pilot. Not everyone has it yet.
Sounds like a handy feature, Ben. Would that be a part of the update that will reinstate the old recordings fast-forward from the current bug that gives us warp-speed fast-forward? Any time-scale on this?
heavyside is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-05-2018, 17:05   #1127
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

It's good. I'm impressed with this.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2018, 18:33   #1128
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
Sounds like a handy feature, Ben. Would that be a part of the update that will reinstate the old recordings fast-forward from the current bug that gives us warp-speed fast-forward? Any time-scale on this?
The fast-forward bug is still there.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2018, 19:44   #1129
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
The fast-forward bug is still there.
It is fixed in the update.
Old 20-05-2018, 19:52   #1130
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
It is fixed in the update.
I have the update and checked against a recording from yesterday. A HD programme should playback at around 2x speed when FF is pressed the 1st time.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2018, 20:44   #1131
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
I have the update and checked against a recording from yesterday. A HD programme should playback at around 2x speed when FF is pressed the 1st time.
Which box for you have? TiVo or V6

Just to point out that we've had this discussion already about the fix coming:

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...2&postcount=47
Old 21-05-2018, 19:55   #1132
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I discovered today a new feature on VM via DS.

If you are watching a channel in SD, press the blue button and it will take you to the HD version of that channel if they provide an HD alternative.

That's pretty cool, I think!
Media Boy Sources told us that feature was testing over three months ago. Thanks for confirm as to why our TiVo boxes was getting updated for over 25 mins at about 1.50am to 2.15am on Wednesday night.

We do not watch Live TV that much.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2018, 03:07   #1133
jklm13
Inactive

jklm13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
That's part of a new code update that's in pilot. Not everyone has it yet.
If this blue button for HD is area rolled out how come my girlfriend has an old Tivo and lives around the corner has this, and I have a V6 and yet, don't have it. Is it also machine specific.
jklm13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2018, 07:42   #1134
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Yes
Old 01-08-2018, 15:56   #1135
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

UKTV channels have been removed.

Love Nature, Paramount, Premier Sports, Freesports, Vice, Your TV, Zoomoo, Horse & Country added.

IQTV on demand added.

BT Sports 4K UHD is now on Channel 555

Premier Sports 2 now on Virgin channel 552.

Last edited by OLD BOY; 01-08-2018 at 16:09.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 19:09   #1136
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
UKTV channels have been removed.

Love Nature, Paramount, Premier Sports, Freesports, Vice, Your TV, Zoomoo, Horse & Country added.

IQTV on demand added.

BT Sports 4K UHD is now on Channel 555

Premier Sports 2 now on Virgin channel 552.
As a sports lover that is a very good swap out for me. I have watched more Premier sports in a few days than UKTV channels in a year.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:51   #1137
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quest HD is back on channel 217.
SonicMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 13:01   #1138
MatthewEastaugh
cf.member

MatthewEastaugh is just really niceMatthewEastaugh is just really niceMatthewEastaugh is just really niceMatthewEastaugh is just really niceMatthewEastaugh is just really niceMatthewEastaugh is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
As a sports lover that is a very good swap out for me. I have watched more Premier sports in a few days than UKTV channels in a year.
It won't be much of a good swap out in around six weeks when you don't have Premier Sports for free anymore, though.
MatthewEastaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 14:13   #1139
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewEastaugh View Post
It won't be much of a good swap out in around six weeks when you don't have Premier Sports for free anymore, though.
Perhaps they will make it free for much longer given what has transpired.
Old 02-08-2018, 14:39   #1140
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Perhaps they will make it free for much longer given what has transpired.
I hope they do Den. How are you feeling today
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote