Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Changelog

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media Changelog

Old 28-11-2008, 11:11   #256
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
Re: Virgin Media Changelog

Firefox built in checker with British dictionary helps me no end.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:06   #257
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Virgin Media has today moved the following channels:

148. Zone Reality (Was 146.)
149. Zone Horror (Was 170.)
150. Five US (Was 185.)
152. Fiver (Was 186.)
156. E! (Was 173.)
157. FX (Was 179.)
162. Hallmark Channel (Was 190.)
163. Hallmark Channel +1 (Was 191.)
164. Diva TV (Was 192.)
165. Diva TV +1 (Was 193.)
170. MTV R (Was 196.)
172. DMAX (Was 197.)
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 14:08   #258
smallclone
cf.geek

Services: M tv Broadband 150Mb/s. Superhub 3 V6
smallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of light

S4C has moved too for those of us in Wales!

Could this be why my V+ box has rebooted itself automatically 3 times in the last 2 days whilst I was watching it?
smallclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 14:33   #259
Felim_Doyle
cf.geek

Services: Digital TV XL TiVo 500MB, Broadband 100Mb SuperHub, Telephone XXL
Felim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of society
Send a message via ICQ to Felim_Doyle Send a message via AIM to Felim_Doyle Send a message via MSN to Felim_Doyle Send a message via Yahoo to Felim_Doyle
Exclamation Re: Virgin Media Changelog

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallclone View Post
S4C has moved too for those of us in Wales!

Could this be why my V+ box has rebooted itself automatically 3 times in the last 2 days whilst I was watching it?
Hmm! My V Box rebooted a couple of days ago but that has happened before so I wasn't overly concerned. Today, I powered it off for an hour and now it goes through the power-on diagnostics, gets to AP:53 then displays the last channel accessed (601 BBC News) and goes into standby (one LED lit). I've had this with my previous box which was replaced about two months ago when it ultimately failed completely. I used to be able to get it back by changing channel just before it went to sleep but I can't seem to get that to work with this newer box.

I shall persevere then call engineer!
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK
Felim_Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:40   #260
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Deutsche Welle (Channel 830) and Deutsche Welle Radio (Channel 971) has today been axe by Virgin Media on their Ex-Telewest network.
Old 07-12-2008, 22:40   #261
paul_hadley
Inactive

Services: Sky TV, Virgin ADSL2+ and Virgin phone
paul_hadley is a jewel in the roughpaul_hadley is a jewel in the roughpaul_hadley is a jewel in the roughpaul_hadley is a jewel in the roughpaul_hadley is a jewel in the rough

I noticed some changes to On Demand today.

When watching On Demand videos (I saw it on music videos anyway), if you press the OK/Select button you will now see the now/next bar is see-through whereas it was solid colour before like it normally is when viewing it on normal channels.

If you press the "i" button when watching On Demand videos, this is now also see-through.

Also, they seem to have got rid off the graphic at the bottom left when watching On Demand videos - ie. no more coloured forward/back etc - it's now just the programme clock with a little icon next to it.
paul_hadley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 12:01   #262
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

...well spotted. This applies to all VOD stuff.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:16   #263
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

The following channels has today been renamed by Virgin Media:

EPG - Was - Now
273 - Discovery Travel & Living - Travel & Living
275 - Discovery Home & Health - Home & Health
926 - Fun Radio - FUN Kids
Old 09-12-2008, 08:56   #264
Felim_Doyle
cf.geek

Felim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of society
Send a message via ICQ to Felim_Doyle Send a message via AIM to Felim_Doyle Send a message via MSN to Felim_Doyle Send a message via Yahoo to Felim_Doyle
Question Re: Virgin Media Changelog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
The following channels has today been renamed by Virgin Media:

EPG - Was - Now
273 - Discovery Travel & Living - Travel & Living
275 - Discovery Home & Health - Home & Health
926 - Fun Radio - FUN Kids
Oh no! Is nothing sacred? Now Discovery are dumbing down. Will most of the other Discovery channels follow suit?
Old 09-12-2008, 08:59   #265
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felim_Doyle View Post
Oh no! Is nothing sacred? Now Discovery are dumbing down. Will most of the other Discovery channels follow suit?
Old 11-12-2008, 16:21   #266
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Virgin Media may need to rename the following channels very soon Info from Ofcom.

From - To - EPG Channel number
Bloomberg - Bloomberg Television - 609
The Box - Box - 335
CITV Channel - CITV - 734
Sci-Fi Channel - SCI FI - 135
Old 12-12-2008, 08:13   #267
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Deutsche Welle (Channel 830) and Deutsche Welle Radio (Channel 971) has today been axe by Virgin Media on their Ex-Telewest network.
Update:

Virgin Media has now removed Deutsche Welle channels from their Ex-Telewest channel lineup.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:09   #268
Felim_Doyle
cf.geek

Post Re: Virgin Media Changelog

Quote:
Virgin Media may need to rename the following channels very soon Info from Ofcom.

From - To - EPG Channel number
Bloomberg - Bloomberg Television - 609
The Box - Box - 335
CITV Channel - CITV - 734
Sci-Fi Channel - SCI FI - 135
Hmm! It makes sense to drop the superfluous word 'Channel' although I don't see the need to drop the word 'The'. As for 'Bloomberg', the addition of the word 'Television' (wouldn't 'TV' have done?) must be to distinguish it from other Bloomberg services (radio, online, mobile perhaps?).

Remember the trend in expensive but pointless or even disastrous rebranding that went on a few years back (Hunt is on for world's worst rebranding)? More recently, government departments and agencies have been doing it too, in some cases, by adding the word 'and' (e.g. 'Maritime and Coast Guard Agency') presumably resulting in huge expenses in new signage, stationery etc. Why?
Old 12-12-2008, 13:52   #269
paul_hadley
Inactive

Services: Sky TV, Virgin ADSL2+ and Virgin phone
paul_hadley is a jewel in the roughpaul_hadley is a jewel in the roughpaul_hadley is a jewel in the roughpaul_hadley is a jewel in the roughpaul_hadley is a jewel in the rough

How about renaming The Hallmark Channel which hasn't been called that for years (or at all)?
paul_hadley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2008, 13:14   #270
Dee4leeds
Inactive

Dee4leeds is an unknown quantity at this point

Virgin Central has a new red button look. I like it!
Dee4leeds is offline   Reply With Quote