Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Will Scotland Leave the UK?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Old 03-08-2020, 18:15   #3076
OLD BOY
Just shield those at risk

Services: 2 V6 boxes; Maxit TV; Now TV, Amazon, Netflix, Starzplay, Apple TV; VM broadband and landline
OLD BOY has a bronze arrayOLD BOY has a bronze arrayOLD BOY has a bronze array
OLD BOY has a bronze arrayOLD BOY has a bronze arrayOLD BOY has a bronze arrayOLD BOY has a bronze arrayOLD BOY has a bronze arrayOLD BOY has a bronze arrayOLD BOY has a bronze arrayOLD BOY has a bronze arrayOLD BOY has a bronze arrayOLD BOY has a bronze arrayOLD BOY has a bronze arrayOLD BOY has a bronze arrayOLD BOY has a bronze arrayOLD BOY has a bronze array
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Are you following me round the forum trying to land a single solitary jab?

If it is so bad that you are now holding up the Scottish Labour manifesto from 2017 that magics out of thin air 100bn for Scotland then that’s surely a sign of desperation.

I’m sure nobody took me literally, and I’ll ask what the point of a political party is if nobody can names it’s flagship policies? Or a campaign that fails to sufficiently increase awareness off said policies among your target voter base?
I'd quit while you're behind, if I were you, mate.

---------- Post added at 18:15 ---------- Previous post was at 18:13 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Yes.

Higher tax (which actually most people don’t pay) isn’t a bad thing if the state is providing better value (or perceived better value) to citizens. Free personal care for the elderly, no tuition fees, etc.

I’m wondering why they get you so angry if they’re so incompetent surely they will lose in 2021?
I see you've picked a vote winner with that one! Surely, you don't really believe that hard pressed families would welcome a tax rise!

This is Scotland we are talking about.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-08-2020, 18:22   #3077
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman has reached the bronze age
jfman has reached the bronze agejfman has reached the bronze agejfman has reached the bronze agejfman has reached the bronze agejfman has reached the bronze agejfman has reached the bronze agejfman has reached the bronze agejfman has reached the bronze agejfman has reached the bronze agejfman has reached the bronze agejfman has reached the bronze agejfman has reached the bronze agejfman has reached the bronze agejfman has reached the bronze agejfman has reached the bronze agejfman has reached the bronze agejfman has reached the bronze age
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

If I’m aware of anything Old Boy it’s to know not to take advice from you on when to quit while behind. You’ve been flogging the same dead horse since 2014 in the TV section.

More tax is relative Old Boy. Privatised public services do not come “free”. A student saving 36 grand in tuition fees might think paying slightly more tax is better than leaving uni saddled with a huge debt. Similarly the Bank of Mum and Dad probably don’t fancy picking up the tab either.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote