Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Bump in speed

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Bump in speed

Old 11-02-2021, 17:51   #16
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age
Re: Bump in speed

That says you are getting one WiFi Pod (to start with).
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-02-2021, 11:42   #17
qwakuk
cf.member

Services: Ultimate Oomph, 3 V6 boxes, M600 BB
qwakuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Will wait and see, nothing turned up yet.

They cannot be as bad as the powerline adapters I got as part of a trial a few years ago and actually made things worse.
qwakuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2021, 22:24   #18
bbxxl
cf.addict

bbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nice

I checked online and it says M600 is available but I’m still on 509. Any idea how long they take to upgrade? On 500 I get between 160 and 290 - any idea what I can expect on 600?
bbxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2021, 19:31   #19
ash45
cf.member

Services: Gig1
ash45 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbxxl View Post
I checked online and it says M600 is available but I’m still on 509. Any idea how long they take to upgrade? On 500 I get between 160 and 290 - any idea what I can expect on 600?
unless your on ultimate oomph u wont get it I've had M600 show up since last year but im on standalone so wont get upped unless i upgrade. if ur only getting them speeds on 500 you wouldn't get any better on 600 anyway
ash45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2021, 20:30   #20
bbxxl
cf.addict

bbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash45 View Post
unless your on ultimate oomph u wont get it I've had M600 show up since last year but im on standalone so wont get upped unless i upgrade. if ur only getting them speeds on 500 you wouldn't get any better on 600 anyway
I am on ultimate Oomph.
Old 15-02-2021, 00:20   #21
ash45
cf.member

Services: Gig1
ash45 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbxxl View Post
I am on ultimate Oomph.
ahh didn't realize sorry have u tried to reboot your modem to see if the new config gets pulled
ash45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2021, 08:29   #22
bbxxl
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash45 View Post
ahh didn't realize sorry have u tried to reboot your modem to see if the new config gets pulled
Thanks for the suggestion. Rebooted this morning and still get 35 up and a massive 123 down....
Old 15-02-2021, 11:27   #23
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

I believe that the 600mbps upgrades are due to be completed by the end of March.
Old 15-02-2021, 12:21   #24
qwakuk
cf.member

Services: Ultimate Oomph, 3 V6 boxes, M600 BB
qwakuk is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a SH3, running in modem mode but with wifi turned off because I use a Unifi AC Lite.

Adding 2 jpgs from the Samknows modem plugged in and these show the average speed for the last month and week.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot 2021-02-15 121848.png (43.4 KB, 19 views)
File Type: png Screenshot 2021-02-15 121822.png (58.3 KB, 17 views)
qwakuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2021, 20:21   #25
bbxxl
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwakuk View Post
I have a SH3, running in modem mode but with wifi turned off because I use a Unifi AC Lite.

Adding 2 jpgs from the Samknows modem plugged in and these show the average speed for the last month and week.
My Samknows shows slower speeds than I get on WiFi...
Old 18-02-2021, 23:35   #26
pav4n
cf.member

pav4n is an unknown quantity at this point

Can confirm the speed bump, I am on the ultimate oomph package and my account shows M600.

I have run a few speed tests on different servers and this was the max throughput I saw, others were ~650 Mbps.
Attached Images
File Type: png Router Stats.PNG (67.1 KB, 23 views)
File Type: png Speedtest2.PNG (71.8 KB, 26 views)
pav4n is offline   Reply With Quote