Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Duplicate recordings glitch

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Duplicate recordings glitch

Old 26-06-2020, 16:42   #16
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of
Re: Duplicate recordings glitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
I looked at Planned Recordings just now and it's happening again.
OK it's not identical, there is no episode name or number this time, so I know the box is working as designed.

Different show this time and it looks like it's going to happen next week too.

World's Most Scenic Railway Journeys. 4 recordings HD/SD/+1/AD.

The box is due to connect in 2 hours so I'll delete the duplicates for this week if that doesn't sort it. (I know I can connect manually but that give more time for the info at the other end to be fixed, if I just leave it for now.)
I've noticed a few gremlins with some C5 programs recently, and I think this was one of them.

They've been resolve in time for broadcast every time so far.
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-06-2020, 17:36   #17
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
The box is due to connect in 2 hours so I'll delete the duplicates for this week if that doesn't sort it. (I know I can connect manually but that give more time for the info at the other end to be fixed, if I just leave it for now.)
You could avoid the problem by changing the series link to only record from a single channel.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2020, 17:53   #18
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Really the metadata should be correct. All these type of issues should be sent to: tivoguideerrors@virginmedia.co.uk

Changing series link+ to a single channel can cause issues further down the line.

The live Match of the Day this week only recorded the full match on a series link+ set to ALL channels. You would have missed half the match is set to a single channel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
You could avoid the problem by changing the series link to only record from a single channel.
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2020, 18:23   #19
noel43
cf.addict

Services: Tivo. XL (tv) L (bb)
noel43 is a jewel in the roughnoel43 is a jewel in the roughnoel43 is a jewel in the roughnoel43 is a jewel in the roughnoel43 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I looked at Planned Recordings just now and it's happening again.
OK it's not identical, there is no episode name or number this time, so I know the box is working as designed.

Different show this time and it looks like it's going to happen next week too.

World's Most Scenic Railway Journeys. 4 recordings HD/SD/+1/AD.

Have u got set as all.
noel43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2020, 19:20   #20
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
Really the metadata should be correct. All these type of issues should be sent to: tivoguideerrors@virginmedia.co.uk

Changing series link+ to a single channel can cause issues further down the line.

The live Match of the Day this week only recorded the full match on a series link+ set to ALL channels. You would have missed half the match is set to a single channel.
I wasn't sure if the email still worked. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noel43 View Post
Have u got set as all.
Yes, it was set the same way as my previous sorted example in an earlier post on this thread.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2020, 07:29   #21
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

tivoguideerrors@virginmedia.co.uk does work and seems to be a speedy system too.
Sky have their own email address for their EPG issues and there are just as many - but fixes are not so frequent.
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2020, 09:44   #22
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Thanks ozsat.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote