Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Brexit
Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2019, 13:48   #1906
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit(New).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
interestingly, I got my tax summary this morning

my lowest contribution was £150ish which was for the EU , then there was a significant increase to the next lowest which was overseas aid at £250ush

Relative to others are contributions to the EU are teeny.
So think how much we'd save if we abolished the first and halved the second.

The amount we are paying for the 'privilege' of belonging to the EU is not teeny and would be better spent on those in this country who are in genuine need.

---------- Post added at 13:48 ---------- Previous post was at 13:41 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
You're getting addicted to these polls Mick ! Blue for Labour, Red for Tory ?
If Remainers keep quoting polls at us, how would you expect Brexiteers to respond when the polls show what Remainers don't want to hear?

Fight fire with fire, I always say.
Advertisement
Old 01-05-2019, 15:24   #1907
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post

The amount we are paying for the 'privilege' of belonging to the EU is not teeny and would be better spent on those in this country who are in genuine need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
You're getting addicted to these polls Mick ! Blue for Labour, Red for Tory ?
If Remainers keep quoting polls at us, how would you expect Brexiteers to respond when the polls show what Remainers don't want to hear?

Irony - it's like steely, only softer...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 01-05-2019, 16:10   #1908
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit (New Poll Added)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
At least the Libs are Yellow

Mick not sure if you wanted to add UKIP?
Added.
Old 01-05-2019, 16:29   #1909
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Looks like TM is preparing the groundwork for a climb down over a Customs Union #BRINO
She really doesn't want those EU elections to happen, whatever the cost....
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8894546.html
Old 01-05-2019, 18:14   #1910
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I bet the Lib em voters what Brexit cancelled.
Old 01-05-2019, 21:48   #1911
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:

Welfare is one of if not the biggest proportion of where our taxes go, the problem is that money is mismanaged and misspent we need a functioning fit for purpose welfare system throwing more money at it won’t resolve the issue.

I’m quite happy with the contributions to the EU and overseas aid, in the grand scheme of things it’s an insignificant amount.
Old 02-05-2019, 07:09   #1912
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Post removed attacking someone because of how they posted won’t be tolerated. If members don’t want to be civil then don’t bother posting, it’s no skin off my nose!
Old 02-05-2019, 07:40   #1913
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

I will not be voting, whats the point when non of them do what is asked off them.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Old 02-05-2019, 08:01   #1914
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
I will not be voting, whats the point when non of them do what is asked off them.
I get why you feel this way. But we have to preserve democracy. Politicians are accountable via the ballot box. Every vote should count.
Old 02-05-2019, 08:38   #1915
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Oh, I totally agree, but he’s not disruptive in that he is actively blocking legislation or disrupting meetings - he’s more like the guy who sits in a pub for four hours but only drinks a half pint; more of a niggle than an annoyance (we should re-brand him as Niggle Forage - an annoyance who scrounges everything he can, whilst not actually doing any of the work that he is paid for...).
I do wonder what will happen to the Brexit party funds if we leave before the EU elections?
Old 02-05-2019, 09:08   #1916
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

May's Hokey Cokey deal that even now is being watered down to nothing is not leaving the EU so expect Brexit funds to grow and grow.
Old 02-05-2019, 09:27   #1917
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
Welfare is one of if not the biggest proportion of where our taxes go, the problem is that money is mismanaged and misspent we need a functioning fit for purpose welfare system throwing more money at it won’t resolve the issue.

I’m quite happy with the contributions to the EU and overseas aid, in the grand scheme of things it’s an insignificant amount.
Of course you are, but I repeat, the money is not insignificant.

You know what desperate lives some people are living in the UK. Surely, that money would be better spent on them. Or the NHS. Or schools. Anywhere but the EU, which does very little for us.

If you are looking to Labour to better manage the welfare system, good luck with that. Marxists Corbyn and McDonnell will succeed only in bringing this country to its knees.
Old 02-05-2019, 11:03   #1918
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angua View Post
I do wonder what will happen to the Brexit party funds if we leave before the EU elections?
You mean the Withdrawal Agreement that isn’t actually Brexit?

And you have the Audacity to call us Brexiteers “blind”.

---------- Post added at 11:03 ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 ----------

BREAKING: The Brexit Party leads well ahead of Labour in latest European Parliament Elections voting intentions.

BREX: 30%
Labour: 21%
Con: 13%
LDem: 10%
Green: 9%
ChUK: 9%
UKIP: 4%

Via @Yougov 29-30 Apr 19.
Old 02-05-2019, 11:07   #1919
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
Of course you are, but I repeat, the money is not insignificant.

You know what desperate lives some people are living in the UK. Surely, that money would be better spent on them. Or the NHS. Or schools. Anywhere but the EU, which does very little for us.

If you are looking to Labour to better manage the welfare system, good luck with that. Marxists Corbyn and McDonnell will succeed only in bringing this country to its knees.
I do know what desperate lives some people live as i have first hand experience of it from my youth.

Here in lies the rub however, there's no evidence to suggest whatsoever that if and when we leave the EU and if we were to reduce our foreign aid by 50% that the resultant savings would be passed on to those areas most in need.

The North East of the UK has as a whole has been ignored and left to rot by successive governments with little to no investment from the UK government, The fact that there's been more investment £ from the EU into the North East than there has been from the UK government should tell it's own story.

I firmly believe that had the equivalent money been available from the UK government it would have been used for different purposes and in different geographic areas.

The EU has done a significant amount for the UK, some of which we take for granted and are forgotten about.

I agree with you on your final point, the country requires a fundamental change in the way our political system works.

---------- Post added at 11:07 ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I get why you feel this way. But we have to preserve democracy. Politicians are accountable via the ballot box. Every vote should count.
Fully agree, regardless of political allegiance, Brexit stance.

You have the oppurtunity to make your voice heard, This is a right that millions of people around the world would love to have.

Use it.
Old 02-05-2019, 11:30   #1920
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
You mean the Withdrawal Agreement that isn’t actually Brexit?

And you have the Audacity to call us Brexiteers “blind”.

---------- Post added at 11:03 ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 ----------

BREAKING: The Brexit Party leads well ahead of Labour in latest European Parliament Elections voting intentions.

BREX: 30%
Labour: 21%
Con: 13%
LDem: 10%
Green: 9%
ChUK: 9%
UKIP: 4%

Via @Yougov 29-30 Apr 19.
Irrelevant. If we leave the EU this means we have no MEPs.

Even leaving with a customs union AKA the Turkish version is a hard Brexit or BRINO still means no MEPs.
Closed Thread