Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 06-12-2016, 17:14   #1981
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by markliffen@googl View Post

---------- Post added at 17:07 ---------- Previous post was at 17:05 ----------

Just noticed my monthly charge has gone up 5 pound is that because I'm having 2 v6 I'm currently with 1 v+ and a TiVo 1tb anf adding 2 v6 has put it up a fiver is that correct?
I know when upgrading from a V HD box though there would be a £5 increase (which is inline with the increase for the TiVo® box) it must be the same for v+ ?
Martin_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2016, 17:16   #1982
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Conversation just this minute....

Ultimate Conj:
Are you able to confirm that the installation will be for 2 x V6 boxes?

17:13:52

Bhushan:
Yes, the installation willbe for the 2 V6 boxes.

17:14:18

UC:
that's great and the price is £64.94 for the installation and activation fees?

Bhushan:
Yes you are right.

17:15:33

UC:
Perfect, thank you for your help Bhushan

I'm not sure what else I can do apart from telling them to charge me more lol
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 17:19   #1983
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post

Ultimate Conj:

Bhushan:

UC:

Bhushan:
Yes you are right.

UC:

In this situation to make sure you will get 2 box's would be to phone in and speak to customer relations. Call on 150 or 0345 454 1111 on option 4 -> option 5. Weekday between 8AM to 8PM. or a Saturday, between 8AM to 6PM (closed Sunday.) They would be happy to help you.
Martin_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 17:19   #1984
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

I'm a long time VIP customer, I deserve the lower price anyway lol

But yeah, I will still call them just to make sure.
Old 06-12-2016, 17:19   #1985
markliffen@googl
Inactive

markliffen@googl is on a distinguished roadmarkliffen@googl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin_D View Post
I know when upgrading from a V HD box though there would be a £5 increase (which is inline with the increase for the TiVo® box) it must be the same for v+ ?
Thanks that's what I thought but wasn't sure as I didn't think the v6 carried additional charges thanks
markliffen@googl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 17:21   #1986
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Thanks that's what I thought but wasn't sure as I didn't think the v6 carried additional charges thanks
I ditched two VHD boxes for two V6s, this is why mine went up £10 which would make sense
Old 06-12-2016, 17:22   #1987
markliffen@googl
Inactive

markliffen@googl is on a distinguished roadmarkliffen@googl is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Ultimate Conj:

Bhushan:

UC:

Bhushan:
Yes you are right.

UC:

There not making this easy for you lol. Hopefully you will get 2 boxes for that price but I have my doubts. Good luck

---------- Post added at 17:22 ---------- Previous post was at 17:21 ----------

Quote:
I ditched two VHD boxes for two V6s, this is why mine went up £10 which would make sense
Yes that makes sense thank you very much
Old 06-12-2016, 17:22   #1988
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Quote:
There not making this easy for you lol. Hopefully you will get 2 boxes for that price but I have my doubts. Good luck
Hahaha I haven't got a clue what is going on mate lol
Luckily installation isn't until 7th Feb, so I've got plenty of time to sort it out

That's another reason why I'm sure it is 2 V6s because they will increase my bill by £10.
Old 06-12-2016, 17:26   #1989
markliffen@googl
Inactive

Quote:
Luckily installation isn't until 7th Feb, so I've got plenty of time to sort it out

Same install date as mine although they did say they were trying to bring it fwd won't hold my breath lol

---------- Post added at 17:26 ---------- Previous post was at 17:24 ----------

Quote:

That's another reason why I'm sure it is 2 V6s because they will increase my bill by £10.

Maybee you got lucky then. And I've just paid more lol good luck
Old 06-12-2016, 17:28   #1990
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Rang retentions back up and think I've been given slightly wrong information originally to there being only a £14.99 activation fee and the two boxes being free. She said there is two boxes to be installed but a charge of £64.94. Maybe people that are being charged less are ones that registered interest in the box but Virgin didn't get round to ringing them?
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 17:34   #1991
carbon60
Needs more upload

Services: TiVo V6, TiVo 500GB, Samsung V Box, Full House TV + Sky Sports SD, VIVID 200, Talk Weekends Phone
carbon60 is on a distinguished roadcarbon60 is on a distinguished road

I've just phoned and have been passed around by the offshore call centre, first one said that they couldn't do it and to phone a separate "Sales" 0800 number. I phoned that and the person on the end of the phone kept saying Virgin Mobile all the time and then said he couldn't do it and passed me through to "Customer Care" who then started asking me for my details all over again. Thought I was getting nowhere with this so started again by going to retentions who wanted to charge me £99.95 per box despite me being on the Big Kahuna package which I thought was equivalent to Full House but since I only had 152Mbit internet rather than 200Mbit she wouldn't let me have it at £49.95 cost per box.

I'm going to phone again in the morning.
carbon60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 17:34   #1992
markliffen@googl
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
Rang retentions back up and think I've been given slightly wrong information originally to there being only a £14.99 activation fee and the two boxes being free. She said there is two boxes to be installed but a charge of £64.94. Maybe people that are being charged less are ones that registered interest in the box but Virgin didn't get round to ringing them?
Maybee I'm just going what people in know seem to think should be correct . I did register interest and did get the same price original but was told that it was one not two and ring and check . Hope it works out ok for us all
Old 06-12-2016, 17:40   #1993
mackemsrule
Inactive

mackemsrule is an unknown quantity at this point

I just called the bog standard 150 no and asked saying I had registered my interest but hadn't heard anything I'm getting charged £104.94 in total but I was on 150mb BB and he's put me up to 200mb for free Installing 1st feb

Full House Bundle
Caller Display
Talk Weekends
Full House TV (XL)
Additional V Box
V+ HD Monthly Fee
Virgin TV V6 Box, powered by TiVo
VIVID 200 Optical Fibre
Bundle charges total £65.75
Phone line rental
Telephone Line Rental
Phone line rental total £19.00
New monthly package total* £84.75
Chargeable from 01 February 2017
Other fees, charges & credits
One-off charges & credits
Activation Fee £14.99
Manned Installation Charge £40.00
V6 Box Activation Credit £50.00CR
V6 Box Activation Fee £99.95
One-off charges & credits total £104.94
Other fees, charges & credits total* £104.94
*Prices correct as at today's date.

Last edited by mackemsrule; 06-12-2016 at 17:41. Reason: spelling mistake
mackemsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 17:43   #1994
djs9750
cf.member

djs9750 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have just placed my order for two boxes on the online chat. Cost is also 114.89 with an installation date of 1st Feb.
It wasn't easy though as he started off by telling me it was 154.89 for one box. When I asked for a breakdown of the price he came back and said he could do both for 114.89. Strange. The he tried to tell me I could only have one box installed at a time as the system would not allow two to be installed so I would need two separate engineer visits. I questioned it and low and behold both are being installed on the one visit.
Quick question for you guys - I have a SH2 and he told me it did not need to be changed to the SH3 for the V6 boxes. Is that correct or do I need to contact them again and get a SH3 fitted as well?
djs9750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 17:46   #1995
markliffen@googl
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackemsrule View Post
I just called the bog standard 150 no and asked saying I had registered my interest but hadn't heard anything I'm getting charged £104.94 in total but I was on 150mb BB and he's put me up to 200mb for free Installing 1st feb

Full House Bundle
Caller Display
Talk Weekends
Full House TV (XL)
Additional V Box
V+ HD Monthly Fee
Virgin TV V6 Box, powered by TiVo
VIVID 200 Optical Fibre
Bundle charges total £65.75
Phone line rental
Telephone Line Rental
Phone line rental total £19.00
New monthly package total* £84.75
Chargeable from 01 February 2017
Other fees, charges & credits
One-off charges & credits
Activation Fee £14.99
Manned Installation Charge £40.00
V6 Box Activation Credit £50.00CR
V6 Box Activation Fee £99.95
One-off charges & credits total £104.94
Other fees, charges & credits total* £104.94
*Prices correct as at today's date.
You should have paid 64.94 for one box on that bundle not 104 .94

---------- Post added at 17:46 ---------- Previous post was at 17:44 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs9750 View Post
I have just placed my order for two boxes on the online chat. Cost is also 114.89 with an installation date of 1st Feb.
It wasn't easy though as he started off by telling me it was 154.89 for one box. When I asked for a breakdown of the price he came back and said he could do both for 114.89. Strange. The he tried to tell me I could only have one box installed at a time as the system would not allow two to be installed so I would need two separate engineer visits. I questioned it and low and behold both are being installed on the one visit.
Quick question for you guys - I have a SH2 and he told me it did not need to be changed to the SH3 for the V6 boxes. Is that correct or do I need to contact them again and get a SH3 fitted as well?
That's the correct price for 2 v6 as for sh3 I'm not sure but everyone seems to be getting a sh3 at the same time so maybe it is needed