Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 08-08-2018, 16:16   #13186
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
My son spoke to his manager who arranged a meeting with the store manager and I'm pleased to say after looking at his application he has removed his additional days Monday and Tuesday, all's well that ends well

So pleased for you weenie things are working out well after all!

My happy thought, I'm fed up with my Sky account as it seems to go up every month, so gave them a buzz and now will pay £12.25 less per month, sorted!
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-08-2018, 16:22   #13187
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
So pleased for you weenie things are working out well after all!

My happy thought, I'm fed up with my Sky account as it seems to go up every month, so gave them a buzz and now will pay £12.25 less per month, sorted!
Great news Tinky as l wish more people would do that nowadays but alas inertia sets in for some..
Old 11-08-2018, 11:43   #13188
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Hubby bought me a new charm for my Nomination bracelet after many weeks of dropping hints I finally got it I really wanted this charm to represent my son and all his hard work as every charm on my bracelet has a story behind them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg charm.jpg (5.2 KB, 6 views)
Old 12-08-2018, 05:56   #13189
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Hubby bought me a new charm for my Nomination bracelet after many weeks of dropping hints I finally got it I really wanted this charm to represent my son and all his hard work as every charm on my bracelet has a story behind them.
Very nice weenie
Old 12-08-2018, 12:58   #13190
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

Nice keepsake weenie.

My happy thought, giving away tomatoes to the neighbours, far too many for our consumption. Especially pleased with the black Russian toms, even though most have splits.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0588.JPG (158.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0587.JPG (84.7 KB, 7 views)
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 13:13   #13191
denphone
Still alive and fighting

With those tomatoes Tinky it won't be long before you grow giant ones which you can enter in these local competitions.
Old 12-08-2018, 15:29   #13192
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Saved some money today as when I went to the opticians I asked about multi-focused contacts, I knew this would be more expensive but it looks this will not be needed in my case. I'm trying monovision with monovision, you wear a contact lens on one eye to correct your distance vision and a contact lens on your other eye to correct your near vision. The lens for distance vision is usually worn on your dominant eye.

Anyway, she said that I have a few options that could save me money brilliant I thought being Scottish this is right up my street and honestly I can't believe it as when she told me to remove my right contact while leaving my left contact in I could read without the need of glasses.

I've to go back on Friday and tbh it is was quite strange at first and I have not driven yet but this has got me wondering if anyone else tried this monovision thing and if so what was your experience?

All going well I have just halved my monthly prescription
Old 12-08-2018, 18:34   #13193
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I just spent £670 on 2 pairs of varifocals, one pair being Rayban sunglasses.

Without discount it would have been £980.
Old 12-08-2018, 19:21   #13194
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I just spent £670 on 2 pairs of varifocals, one pair being Rayban sunglasses.

Without discount it would have been £980.
That's a happy thought ?! I paid £2.98 for my last sunglasses, they have the same UV protection as raybans, and have never paid more than £70 for prescription glasses.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 19:29   #13195
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
That's a happy thought ?! I paid £2.98 for my last sunglasses, they have the same UV protection as raybans, and have never paid more than £70 for prescription glasses.
l bought mine for £18 on Amazon and 2 days later they were in the Lightning deals sale and because l liked them so much l bought a second pair in the sale for £11.
Old 12-08-2018, 19:42   #13196
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Course they have...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 19:51   #13197
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Course they have...
Fools, brand names and their money are easily parted Hugh
Old 12-08-2018, 20:07   #13198
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:

Their decision at the end of the day as one man's meat is another man's poison Mr K.
Old 12-08-2018, 20:48   #13199
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
And people who think a £2.98 pair of sunglasses have adequate UV protection should be careful about calling others derogatory names...

Did the market stall holder tell you they had UV400 protection and the same lens clarity as RayBans?

I have 2 pairs of RayBans - 1 Aviator and 1 Wayfarers; I’ve had the Aviators 30 years (bought them in Dubai Duty Free on the way back from NZ), and the Wayfarers around 11 years, so they have cost, in total, around £4 per year for both pairs. I see that as good value - cost and value are two different things.

A further example of cost vs value is 250 grams of mince versus 250 grams of 30 day aged Aberdeen Angus sirloin steak - at Aldi, the Scotch Aberdeen Angus beef mince is £7.18 per kilo, so that would cost you around £1.80, whilst the steak would cost you £4.49, or £19.78 per kilo; I'm having the steak*...

*I really am - it's for my dinner on Tuesday when my wife is out meeting with a friend she hasn't see for a few months; medium steak with a peppercorn sauce, and thick cut chips, washed down with a large glass of Malbec or Shiraz (tbd) - yummmmmm
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 12-08-2018 at 21:12.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 21:24   #13200
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
And people who think a £2.98 pair of sunglasses have adequate UV protection should be careful about calling others derogatory names...

Did the market stall holder tell you they had UV400 protection and the same lens clarity as RayBans?

I have 2 pairs of RayBans - 1 Aviator and 1 Wayfarers; I’ve had the Aviators 30 years (bought them in Dubai Duty Free on the way back from NZ), and the Wayfarers around 11 years, so they have cost, in total, around £4 per year for both pairs. I see that as good value - cost and value are two different things.

A further example of cost vs value is 250 grams of mince versus 250 grams of 30 day aged Aberdeen Angus sirloin steak - at Aldi, the Scotch Aberdeen Angus beef mince is £7.18 per kilo, so that would cost you around £1.80, whilst the steak would cost you £4.49, or £19.78 per kilo; I'm having the steak*...

*I really am - it's for my dinner on Tuesday when my wife is out meeting with a friend she hasn't see for a few months; medium steak with a peppercorn sauce, and thick cut chips, washed down with a large glass of Malbec or Shiraz (tbd) - yummmmmm
You're talking to vegetarian Hugh, although you got my attention with the wine

(Ps. You really don't need to spend hundreds of pounds to get UV400 protection, and I stand by my previous post ! )