Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] BB Speed Upgrades

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] BB Speed Upgrades
View Poll Results: Have you been upgraded ?
Yes 59 86.76%
No, not yet 9 13.24%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 25-08-2004, 18:40   #1231
Kneebs
Inactive

Kneebs is just really niceKneebs is just really niceKneebs is just really niceKneebs is just really niceKneebs is just really niceKneebs is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Kneebs
Re: [Merged] BB Speed Upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill C
I did not call you a liar show me where i called you a liar.
Err, i think it was this bit here....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneebs
Well, NTL are investigating the problem of packet loss through samsung STBs, so you make your own mind up

Quote:
Bull bull and more bull.
Sorry,you weren't actually calling me a liar - you were implying what I said was lies. You should be a politician, or work for NTL. Oh wait, you do
Advertisement
Old 25-08-2004, 18:47   #1232
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Enough of this please. Kneebs have you asked BBKing if you can publicly display his PM to you?
Old 25-08-2004, 18:49   #1233
Bill C

Quote:
Err, i think it was this bit here....

Sorry,you weren't actually calling me a liar - you were implying what I said was lies. You should be a politician, or work for NTL. Oh wait, you do
Well i will ask more questions tomorrow and keep asking till i get a someone to answer.

Old 25-08-2004, 18:54   #1234
Bill C

Quote:
Well i will ask more questions tomorrow and keep asking till i get a someone to answer.
And it looks like i was red repped

Old 25-08-2004, 18:54   #1235
Kneebs
Inactive

Kneebs is just really niceKneebs is just really niceKneebs is just really niceKneebs is just really niceKneebs is just really niceKneebs is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick
Enough of this please. Kneebs have you asked BBKing if you can publicly display his PM to you?
No, he isn't around to ask. I did say I normally wouldnt post details from PMs / emails, however in this case, it was warranted.

Its not like he's asked me to keep quiet or anything, however edit my post if you feel the need.
Old 25-08-2004, 19:04   #1236
Kneebs
Inactive

Quote:
And it looks like i was red repped
Not by me you weren't. I did feel like red repping you however, but I didn't. Now thats the end of it from me..
Old 25-08-2004, 19:06   #1237
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
No, he isn't around to ask. I did say I normally wouldnt post details from PMs / emails, however in this case, it was warranted.
It's never warranted to post contents of PM's on the site, by all means name your source (if your source doesn't mind it) but not post all the contents without express permission from the author of the PM.

Anyway lets not drift off-topic here...
Old 25-08-2004, 19:12   #1238
Bill C

Quote:
Not by me you weren't. I did feel like red repping you however, but I didn't. Now thats the end of it from me..
No it was not you

Old 25-08-2004, 19:17   #1239
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
No it was not you
Just had a look at your account Bill and its been left by someone who is unable to give or take rep points just yet, so it should be showing as grey and its not a red rep as such.

Old 25-08-2004, 19:27   #1240
Bill C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick
Just had a look at your account Bill and its been left by someone who is unable to give or take rep points just yet, so it should be showing as grey and its not a red rep as such.

You learn something new everyday

Old 25-08-2004, 19:39   #1241
Florence
Inactive

Services: The wonders of Sky TV BT line and Aquiss.net ADSL cable dies on 5th RIP VM.
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal

Quote:

Its not like he's asked me to keep quiet or anything, however edit my post if you feel the need.
Lets hope his bosses feel its warranted also he could be in trouble. I certainly don't want to be around when BBK sees this.
Old 25-08-2004, 19:55   #1242
BBKing
R.I.P.

Services: 20Mb VM CM, Virgin TV
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
Send a message via ICQ to BBKing

Quote:
Unless PM means Public Message instead of Private Message, then no. Don't expect any more help from this quarter if you carry on in this cavalier manner. Luckily my boss is quite forgiving.

As it happens, my information came from a chance conversation with the same gentleman Kneebs has been talking to, so that's circular intelligence backing itself up - in fact I suggested he talk to Bill C whose opinion I trust. Still want to see some more evidence, but I have perfect licence to stop helping in my spare time if people bruit my private conversations about and devote my attention to what I mainly get paid to do.
Old 25-08-2004, 20:38   #1243
Bill C

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKing
Unless PM means Public Message instead of Private Message, then no. Don't expect any more help from this quarter if you carry on in this cavalier manner. Luckily my boss is quite forgiving.

As it happens, my information came from a chance conversation with the same gentleman Kneebs has been talking to, so that's circular intelligence backing itself up - in fact I suggested he talk to Bill C whose opinion I trust. Still want to see some more evidence, but I have perfect licence to stop helping in my spare time if people bruit my private conversations about and devote my attention to what I mainly get paid to do.
If you want a chat tomorrow feel free you know my number .

Old 25-08-2004, 23:28   #1244
peacedude2k4

Thu, 26 Aug 2004 22:27:15 UTC
1st 128K took 516 ms = 254016 Bytes/sec = approx 2113 kbits/sec
2nd 128K took 718 ms = 182552 Bytes/sec = approx 1519 kbits/sec
3rd 128K took 688 ms = 190512 Bytes/sec = approx 1585 kbits/sec
4th 128K took 734 ms = 178572 Bytes/sec = approx 1486 kbits/sec

To repeat this test from the source server click here.

To repeat this test from a web proxy cache (if present):

- in Internet Explorer for Windows:
- click "Back"
- pull down "Tools" menu, select "Internet Options"
- click on button "Delete Files..."
- click OK, click OK
- click "Forward"

- in Netscape:
- click "Back"
- pull down "Edit" menu, select "Preferences"
- expand "Advanced"
- select "Cache"
- click on button "Clear Disk Cache"
- click OK
- click "Forward"

Connection and speed looking better then earlier today good work ntl

Old 26-08-2004, 18:10   #1245
Scotianet
Inactive

Scotianet is on a distinguished roadScotianet is on a distinguished road

Thu, 26 Aug 2004 17:08:27 UTC
1st 128K took 1812 ms = 72336 Bytes/sec = approx 602 kbits/sec
2nd 128K took 1829 ms = 71663 Bytes/sec = approx 596 kbits/sec
3rd 128K took 1937 ms = 67668 Bytes/sec = approx 563 kbits/sec
4th 128K took 1703 ms = 76965 Bytes/sec = approx 640 kbits/sec

Looks like NTL are going to wait until the 31st August before they update my SACM 600K to 750K.... Does anyone know if it is to do with me having bought my SACM and then getting a discounted rate for my service...??
Closed Thread