Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] BB Speed Upgrades

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] BB Speed Upgrades
View Poll Results: Have you been upgraded ?
Yes 59 86.76%
No, not yet 9 13.24%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 13-08-2004, 17:50   #1096
jtwn
Inactive

jtwn has reached the bronze age
jtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze age
Re: [Merged] BB Speed Upgrades

stevo - http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d...speedtest.html
Advertisement
Old 13-08-2004, 17:51   #1097
SMHarman
Inactive

Services: Cablevision
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo_125
what speed test is that you are using, and where can i find it ?
thanks.
OH and im in bedford, no upgrade yet
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d...speedtest.html
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/kb/9/how...my-cable-modem
Old 13-08-2004, 17:55   #1098
jtwn
Inactive

jtwn has reached the bronze age
jtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze age

Just wondering but 90% of the time i get 1534 for the test, if theres an offset it usually is 1556, but ive done multiple over the day and its all like that....might my area be undersubscribed to ntl...if there could be such a phrase? Sorry if this seems a bit pointless...just wondering.
Old 13-08-2004, 18:35   #1099
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by snifferg
Apologies if this has been raised before (don't want to check by wading through 70 odd pages of posts!) but does anyone wknow why us 600k customers are only getting a 25% increase in speed when everyone else is getting either a 50% increase (1MB customers) or even 100% (300k users) ?

I'm just being greedy but I would have thought I deserve upping to 900k at least !!!
I dont work for ntl but in my opnion its because before the upgrade the 600k package was easily the best value for money, after the price rise the 1mbit had to go up by a significant amount and the bottom package is probably going to have to compete with 256kbit adsl and low end 512kbit adsl packages so that also needed a fair upgrade but the 600kbit package is already competitive and at 900kbit a lot of 1mbit users would be too tempted to downgrade although I think ntl should have upped the upload on the 600kbit to 256kbit and on 1mbit to 384kbit.
Old 13-08-2004, 19:12   #1100
yesman

No 1.5 MB speed for me till November
http://www.ntlworld.com/data-feeds/e...sites/upgrade/

Old 13-08-2004, 19:55   #1101
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

I got an e-mail today telling me I had been upgraded from 1mb to 1.5mb.

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 13-08-2004, 20:11   #1102
etccarmageddon
Inactive

etccarmageddon has a nice shiny star
etccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny star
Talking Re: [Merged] BB Speed Upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
...I think ntl should have upped the upload on the 600kbit to 256kbit and on 1mbit to 384kbit.
give it time and they will!
Old 13-08-2004, 22:35   #1103
Mauldor
Inactive

Services: 50mbit, Base TV, Base Phone
Mauldor is a glorious beacon of lightMauldor is a glorious beacon of lightMauldor is a glorious beacon of lightMauldor is a glorious beacon of lightMauldor is a glorious beacon of lightMauldor is a glorious beacon of lightMauldor is a glorious beacon of light

Ref this new speed then, is the price staying at £37.99 as planned? (for the 1.5mbit that is). If this is the case then I may well move across to ADSL after all becuase although the 1.5mbit is very nice indeed, I would rather pay £30 a month for 1mbit/256, get a email service that works, a web space with PHP and MYSQL and of course been able to use this Fab speed on a more constant basis (Scunthorpe + others i think have some major problems at the moment).
Old 13-08-2004, 22:43   #1104
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauldor
Ref this new speed then, is the price staying at £37.99 as planned?
Yes, ntl have not announced any plans to change the price.

Old 13-08-2004, 23:19   #1105
yesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M
I got an e-mail today telling me I had been upgraded from 1mb to 1.5mb.
I will assume that it was worth the wait then Paul ?

Old 13-08-2004, 23:36   #1106
Pea-Pod
cf.addict

Pea-Pod is on a distinguished roadPea-Pod is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauldor
get a email service that works,
Old 14-08-2004, 01:21   #1107
Smilie
Inactive

Smilie is a glorious beacon of lightSmilie is a glorious beacon of lightSmilie is a glorious beacon of lightSmilie is a glorious beacon of lightSmilie is a glorious beacon of lightSmilie is a glorious beacon of lightSmilie is a glorious beacon of light

BTW any1 know what happened to

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/article/...-service-price
Old 14-08-2004, 01:25   #1108
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesman
I will assume that it was worth the wait then Paul ?
I was actually upgraded two weeks ago

Old 14-08-2004, 12:41   #1109
Pea-Pod
cf.addict

Pea-Pod is on a distinguished roadPea-Pod is on a distinguished road

I want to change my poll answer now to YES - I have been upgraded, initially like a spoilt child throwing a tantrum, I had voted NO - because I had yet to be upgraded, but now I'm sitting pretty on 750K.
Old 15-08-2004, 10:09   #1110
slysy
Inactive

slysy is an unknown quantity at this point

The postcode checker shows I have been upgraded but speed tests show otherwise, anyone else had this problem?
Closed Thread