Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] BB Speed Upgrades

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

[Merged] BB Speed Upgrades
View Poll Results: Have you been upgraded ?
Yes 59 86.76%
No, not yet 9 13.24%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 22:49   #841
marvel
Inactive

marvel is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: [Merged] BB Speed Upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by robtufts
I'm off the luton dns (have lutn in my hostmask) and on 1.5mb and people in the same town as me have been upgraded too, to 750 and 300k
Where you from then???

I am from shefford and no speed increase as with Biggleswade from what stop it is saying!
i aint impatient I just would like to know when it will happen.
Advertisement
Old 03-08-2004, 22:52   #842
Nemesis
Inactive

Services: Virgin stuff
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Nemesis

Guildford Done

600 >> 750
Old 03-08-2004, 23:08   #843
Electrolyte01

My connection seems more stable now, thank god

Downloading at about 35.4kb/s, not bad

Old 03-08-2004, 23:11   #844
Interactivity
Inactive

Interactivity is an unknown quantity at this point

Hemel Hempstead has been done
I now have 330kbps at the moment though before I tested I didn't notice a thing.
For shame. Oh well.
Old 03-08-2004, 23:26   #845
parkie
Inactive

parkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Lincoln done but had to reboot on monday to get it 600 - 750. downloads around 89kbps for me

cheers

p
Old 03-08-2004, 23:29   #846
Electrolyte01

Welcome to the site parkie

Old 03-08-2004, 23:30   #847
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

Hmm, the speed test suggests I've been upgraded. Odd though, web page loading is at a real crawl, and often times out. That's despite a reboot of the PC and STB. If this keeps up I'm not gonna be happy and it'll mean another phone call to ntl faults.
Old 03-08-2004, 23:37   #848
Florence
Inactive

Services: The wonders of Sky TV BT line and Aquiss.net ADSL cable dies on 5th RIP VM.
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovedGoalPosts
Hmm, the speed test suggests I've been upgraded. Odd though, web page loading is at a real crawl, and often times out. That's despite a reboot of the PC and STB. If this keeps up I'm not gonna be happy and it'll mean another phone call to ntl faults.
Try changing your proxys.. Most of Belfast was using Manchester proxys coz theirs ground to a halt.
Old 03-08-2004, 23:44   #849
ntl.wotcha
Inactive

ntl.wotcha is an unknown quantity at this point

Finally got onto the Cable Forum !

I got my upgrade but since then my DSL router has been a bit flakey... Ok it might be coincidental with the humid weather, but something strange going on.

Tonight I've been trying to get onto this thread by clicking on the link at the bottom of here: http://www.cableforum.co.uk/article/74/

However, 5 times in a row, when I clicked on the link, my DSL router froze, so half a dozen reboots later it seems to be working. what the frOOt is that all about !?
Old 03-08-2004, 23:53   #850
SMHarman
Inactive

Services: Cablevision
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze

Hmm, upgrades... Hertfords done, needed to reboot the SACM.

speedtest at http://www.dslzoneuk.net/speedtest.php gives the speed of Your Connection as:
1.39 mbps which equates to 178.49 Kb/s
For the connection you selected, the optimum speed is around: 178.56 Kb/s
Old 04-08-2004, 07:48   #851
robtufts
Inactive

robtufts will become famous soon enoughrobtufts will become famous soon enoughrobtufts will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel
Where you from then???

I am from shefford and no speed increase as with Biggleswade from what stop it is saying!
i aint impatient I just would like to know when it will happen.
I live in ampthill, so not very far from you at all, and all tiers seem to be upgraded here

Wed, 4 Aug 2004 06:49:00 UTC
1st 128K took 719 ms = 182298 Bytes/sec = approx 1517 kbits/sec
2nd 128K took 703 ms = 186447 Bytes/sec = approx 1551 kbits/sec
3rd 128K took 703 ms = 186447 Bytes/sec = approx 1551 kbits/sec
4th 128K took 719 ms = 182298 Bytes/sec = approx 1517 kbits/sec
Old 04-08-2004, 09:02   #852
DieDieMyDarling
Inactive

Services: 10 mb NTL Broadband, Sky TV (full package).
DieDieMyDarling is a glorious beacon of lightDieDieMyDarling is a glorious beacon of lightDieDieMyDarling is a glorious beacon of lightDieDieMyDarling is a glorious beacon of lightDieDieMyDarling is a glorious beacon of lightDieDieMyDarling is a glorious beacon of lightDieDieMyDarling is a glorious beacon of light

I've been using proxies since a few hours after the upgrade, and i've noticed that less and less of them are useful! Today i'm back to using my normal Belfast cache, seems to be working ok. But i only changed because the other proxies were going really slowly. I think the network as a whole is suffering from the new speeds. I've just read threw the last few pages of this thread and a few people are complaining about slow speeds.

Just hold with it, they're probably having to shift a few things and twiddle a few dials. Belfast seems to be fixed now, so i'm sure your area will be too. In the mean time get the list of proxies off this site, and find ones that work best for you.
Old 04-08-2004, 10:20   #853
Reddevil63
Inactive

Services: Virgin 20Mb CM, Sky+, TV Drive
Reddevil63 is a jewel in the roughReddevil63 is a jewel in the roughReddevil63 is a jewel in the roughReddevil63 is a jewel in the roughReddevil63 is a jewel in the rough

Still no upgrade in Swindon yet!
Old 04-08-2004, 12:13   #854
IanUK
Inactive

IanUK is just really niceIanUK is just really niceIanUK is just really niceIanUK is just really niceIanUK is just really niceIanUK is just really nice

I got the letter saying someone from NTL would be in touch to replace my set top box with the new Samsung one, the only problem is I already have the new Samsung box, I only joined NTL a few months back and got it from day 1 !!

Will the speed increase just happen for me, or do NTL think I have the old style STB and won't do me ?

I suppose I'm asking is it automatically done if you have the Samsung box already ?

The postcode checker has me down for August, but I'm still on 1mb currently.

Thanks

Ian
Old 04-08-2004, 12:37   #855
BBKing
R.I.P.

Services: 20Mb VM CM, Virgin TV
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
Send a message via ICQ to BBKing

Samsung and Pace boxes use the same file, so don't worry.
Closed Thread