Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] BB Speed Upgrades

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

[Merged] BB Speed Upgrades
View Poll Results: Have you been upgraded ?
Yes 59 86.76%
No, not yet 9 13.24%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 30-07-2004, 19:35   #346
Marge
Inactive

Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars
Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars
Re: [Merged] BB Speed Upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow
BTW - Is it just the folks like me on 1Mb that are getting the new Samsung STBs, or is it everyone with cable internet (whether it be 300-750k) through an old Pace STB?
It's just the 1MB customers getting the new boxes
Advertisement
Old 30-07-2004, 19:38   #347
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsy42
It's just the 1MB customers getting the new boxes

so a reboot may be the answer then
Old 30-07-2004, 19:41   #348
Marge
Inactive

Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars
Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars

Well I've rebooted my modem several times and nothings happened The last bit of info seen says still late summer for the change, no actual dates given........
Old 30-07-2004, 19:47   #349
etccarmageddon
Inactive

etccarmageddon has a nice shiny star
etccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny star

when I rang customer services yesterday to upgrade from 600 to 1mb the bloke I spoke to said that "you've now been upgraded to 1mb but within a couple of weeks that will be 1.5mb"
Old 30-07-2004, 19:55   #350
BBKing
R.I.P.

Services: 20Mb VM CM, Virgin TV
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
Send a message via ICQ to BBKing

Quote:
has everyone else in Manchester got an upgrade?
Just a few areas. If you haven't got it yet, don't keep on rebooting your modem, it's a waste of time. You'll know when other areas are upgraded as millions of people will be on here telling us
Old 30-07-2004, 20:09   #351
banjo
Inactive

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

I wonder if all the people who are checking their download speed with various sites are eating into the available bandwidth and slowing the system down for everyone, please be patient and then you will not wind yourself up ! No offence meant
Old 30-07-2004, 20:18   #352
peacedude2k4

About upgrade sooner the better, heard its 150k and 600k first then the 1mb being done around 1st September.

sooner the better me thinks

be patient go on Halo online and kick some butt

Old 30-07-2004, 21:22   #353
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjo
I wonder if all the people who are checking their download speed with various sites are eating into the available bandwidth and slowing the system down for everyone, please be patient and then you will not wind yourself up ! No offence meant
Heh, if NTL's network was even slightly pushed by people bandwidth testing I would be VERY worried, its people downloading hundreds of Gigs of data a month that kicks the network in the nuts, not people checking their internet speed, honest :p
Old 30-07-2004, 21:41   #354
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

I rang up earlier and got told 1st august for my postcode, I said is this defenite or an estimate and was told the date is preplanned and should be defenite. I then asked why not inform customers earlier to stop a lot of people wondering whats going on and when its happening, but I got no answer so with any luck I will be upgraded 1st august.
Old 30-07-2004, 21:54   #355
mrm1
Un-Technically Minded

mrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant future

Instead of testing your bandwidth on SACM, just type 192.168.100.1 in to IE or Firefox or whatever, log in using root as username and password, click on "Operation Configuration" and look at your settings.
Old 30-07-2004, 22:06   #356
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm1
Instead of testing your bandwidth on SACM, just type 192.168.100.1 in to IE or Firefox or whatever, log in using root as username and password, click on "Operation Configuration" and look at your settings.

as long as it is not a terayon
Old 30-07-2004, 22:11   #357
Jon T
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Telephone and 100Mb broadband, Sky Q
Jon T has reached the bronze age
Jon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyoung666
as long as it is not a terayon
or a Surfboard 4100

Jon
Old 30-07-2004, 22:21   #358
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon T
or a Surfboard 4100

Jon

thanks for that , i must admit i never thought of the sb
Old 30-07-2004, 22:27   #359
mrm1
Un-Technically Minded

mrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant future

Sorry, I ment to add NTL100 SACM
Old 30-07-2004, 23:36   #360
ppolo99
cf.member

Services: 10mbit ntl:
ppolo99 is an unknown quantity at this point

is the 75% done by 2nd august confirmed by ntl?
Closed Thread