Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] BB Speed Upgrades

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] BB Speed Upgrades
View Poll Results: Have you been upgraded ?
Yes 59 86.76%
No, not yet 9 13.24%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 28-07-2004, 19:34   #211
Electrolyte01

Re: [Merged] BB Speed Upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B
ntl do. It is 'always on' because it's never off!

Always on has no bearing on the amount you download. It's not like the old dialup restrictions some firms had, about how many hours a month you could be connected. I still laugh nostalgically when I think about that!
Yes but if the bandwidth gets capped, when you use it I think you get cut off until the next day or month. So that basically isn't "always on" internet

Advertisement
Old 28-07-2004, 19:37   #212
poolking
Inactive

Services: Sky World 300k BB NTL Phone
poolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to poolking Send a message via MSN to poolking Send a message via Yahoo to poolking

I thought the only people that would get letters were those getting their BB through the STB?
Old 28-07-2004, 19:40   #213
Electrolyte01

No, it includes people with the SCAM as well. Basically any one who has broadband with NTL get the limit.

Old 28-07-2004, 19:41   #214
DieDieMyDarling
Inactive

Services: 10 mb NTL Broadband, Sky TV (full package).
DieDieMyDarling is a glorious beacon of lightDieDieMyDarling is a glorious beacon of lightDieDieMyDarling is a glorious beacon of lightDieDieMyDarling is a glorious beacon of lightDieDieMyDarling is a glorious beacon of lightDieDieMyDarling is a glorious beacon of lightDieDieMyDarling is a glorious beacon of light

I think it is all about what area you live in. And whether your area is heavily contended. If not many people have BB in your area you can do what you like. If it's a heavily used area they'll crack down on you pretty fast.
Old 28-07-2004, 19:42   #215
Electrolyte01

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieDieMyDarling
I think it is all about what area you live in. And whether your area is heavily contended. If not many people have BB in your area you can do what you like. If it's a heavily used area they'll crack down on you pretty fast.
If that was the case, people would leave NTL. EVERY ONE has this "guide", if it was like that it wouldn't be fair

Old 28-07-2004, 19:43   #216
td444
Inactive

td444 is on a distinguished roadtd444 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B
I'd love to try AOL's great-sounding unmetered product, but not at the expense of having their software on my PC.

Why will they not make it optional? There are many 'experienced' users who would happily try their product if it could be sold with an option to be 'product only' and not have the software.
It is now optional for ADSL users. You can use your AOL Master screen name + password on your router = ADSL connection. And the connection itself seems like a typical ADSL line.
Old 28-07-2004, 19:45   #217
poolking
Inactive

Services: Sky World 300k BB NTL Phone
poolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to poolking Send a message via MSN to poolking Send a message via Yahoo to poolking

Anyway my speed hasn't been increased yet.
Old 28-07-2004, 19:48   #218
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by td444
It is now optional for ADSL users. You can use your AOL Master screen name + password on your router = ADSL connection. And the connection itself seems like a typical ADSL line.

still wouldnt trust aol
Old 28-07-2004, 19:49   #219
DieDieMyDarling
Inactive

DieDieMyDarling is a glorious beacon of lightDieDieMyDarling is a glorious beacon of lightDieDieMyDarling is a glorious beacon of lightDieDieMyDarling is a glorious beacon of lightDieDieMyDarling is a glorious beacon of lightDieDieMyDarling is a glorious beacon of lightDieDieMyDarling is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrolyte
If that was the case, people would leave NTL. EVERY ONE has this "guide", if it was like that it wouldn't be fair
Like getting the same cap on 3 different teirs is fair?

As far as i know they are the facts though. Ntl are only sending out letters to offenders in highly contended areas. Can someone back me up on this? I read it on here, but can't remember where.
Old 28-07-2004, 19:49   #220
jtwn
Inactive

jtwn has reached the bronze age
jtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze age

DieDie i dont get what you are getting at.

BT 512kbps 15gb bandwidth 24.99

NTL 750kbps 30gb bandwidth 24.99

Whats the debate about?
Old 28-07-2004, 19:52   #221
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

I think we have slighty shifted off topic now - Any chance we can get back on topic. Thanks.
Old 28-07-2004, 19:55   #222
DieDieMyDarling
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtwn
DieDie i dont get what you are getting at.

BT 512kbps 15gb bandwidth 24.99

NTL 750kbps 30gb bandwidth 24.99

Whats the debate about?
Sorry, i thought it was 30GB. Still leaves AOL ahead of the rest. Along with the likes of Bulldog. It's just frustrating to see other people getting a much better deal with other providers.
Old 28-07-2004, 22:41   #223
BeeJay
Inactive

Services: TV L Phone M BBand M 2 x V+ Boxes
BeeJay is an unknown quantity at this point

Received a letter today detailing the speed increases and saying upgrade programme starts in August.

Letter also details the price changes for telephone and TV packages.

I am in the Poole area - ex CWC.

BeeJay
Old 28-07-2004, 22:58   #224
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill C
Think you will find most ISP's will be capped in some form soon. Might be wrong might be right
OI! I said that last month, :p Nice to see im not the only one with that opinion though, if it maximises profit, they'll do it, and so far it looks like it might be working for wanadont and British Hellcom, so caps probably will invade most ISP's :p

Also *ON TOPIC* Im in on the Biggleswade UBR , not upgraded, yet, will inform if it changes.

EDIT : Blady ell I cant even spell where I live, oops
Old 28-07-2004, 23:10   #225
ppolo99
cf.member

Services: 10mbit ntl:
ppolo99 is an unknown quantity at this point

you cant spell "bloody hell" either

I got my bill though the post yesterday but still nothing about the upgrades.

Wirral - exCWC
Closed Thread