Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] BB Speed Upgrades

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] BB Speed Upgrades
View Poll Results: Have you been upgraded ?
Yes 59 86.76%
No, not yet 9 13.24%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 22-11-2004, 18:04   #1576
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze
Re: [Merged] BB Speed Upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangebird
So what do you suggest ntl do - downgrade everyone again til Leics. is sorted?

I found it staggering that it could take 6 months to sort it out its either :-

1 - took them a aweful long time to do the upgrade.
or
2 - the upgrades are been done but it is so bad before hand that the amount of work needing doing takes half a year or so to complete.

Just seems ntl put more attention into certian area's I always hear about trials and so forth and the same area's always get the trial's so those area's probably get constant upgrade's as well to enable the trials to work out right and Leics just seems forgotten, I dont know if its the only area thats this bad but Leics is not a good area for ntl.

What do I suggest ntl do?

They can at least send a letter of apology out to customer's saying sorry for the delay and providing a proper reason why it has yet to happen, a compensation wouldnt go amiss either.
Advertisement
Old 22-11-2004, 21:48   #1577
AndrewJ
Inactive

AndrewJ has a nice shiny star
AndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny star

I kinda feel for those not updated I was done early August and moved to 1.5mb Broadband and am very happy with my Sacm service.

I am moving house soon to a location near to where I am now and plan on staying with NTL who have been happy to help whenever I have had issues with anything.
Old 22-11-2004, 22:03   #1578
~Dan~
Inactive

~Dan~ is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know if the monthly bandwith allowances (1Mb/5GB a month, etc...) are official yet for the speed increases in the new year? I've found nothing at all about the increase on the ntl site.

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/article/...-speed-changes
That page says the monthly usage is yet to be confirmed, whereas a page on another forum seems to suggest it has been confirmed, and also has a quote from Aizad Hussain, MD of ntl, and includes the comment "If you already have ntl Broadband your service will remain unchanged", so I assume if you remain unchanged you still have the (unenforced) 1GB a day limit as opposed to getting an increase in speed but a drastic reduction in bandwidth.

5GB a month does seem a little on the small side. I'm sure with 1Mb you could do more than 5GB in a day.
Old 22-11-2004, 22:19   #1579
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze

I think but not sure that the limits are confirmed but the upload speed's are not confirmed, however because the rollout hasn't started yet ntl are still free to change it should they wish to do so with small hassle.

Personally I think ntl have got the limit's right on the bottom 2 tier's you shouldnt expect too much for 17.99 a month and 2mbit for 24.99 is outstanding value.
Old 22-11-2004, 22:41   #1580
JohnHorb

Services: 10MB Broadband, DTV, Telephone

Not another cap thread - pleeze!!!!

Old 22-11-2004, 22:55   #1581
~Dan~
Inactive

~Dan~ is an unknown quantity at this point

If it's confirmed then thats really poor. 5GB a MONTH is PATHETIC. That's 170MB a DAY. On 56k dialup I'm sure I managed more than that some days and it'd fly by on 1 Mbit.

I'm gonna either not pay for the upgrade and stick with what I've got at present (1gig a day cap), assuming I'm able to do that, or pay the extra for 2mbit and then be very careful I don't blow the lot in a week.

OH YES, I forsee many many more cap threads if they go through with this 5GIG a month cap.
Old 23-11-2004, 10:09   #1582
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Anyone complaining about the new caps:

1) NTL have not actually announced any new caps. All we have at the moment is rumours.

2) At the moment, if the cap does cause you problems, you have the option of moving to an uncapped ISP.
Old 23-11-2004, 15:20   #1583
anduin
Inactive

Services: Sky+ HD, 100mb VM cable, Virgin Phoneline
anduin has a spectacular aura about themanduin has a spectacular aura about themanduin has a spectacular aura about themanduin has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Dan~
5GB a month does seem a little on the small side. I'm sure with 1Mb you could do more than 5GB in a day.
I have a maximum running speed of probably around 25mph .. do i do it all day long ? No.

Why can't people just be happy that the running they do will be faster...

Jeez.
WBR, Craig
Old 23-11-2004, 16:40   #1584
etccarmageddon
Inactive

etccarmageddon has a nice shiny star
etccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny star

oh my god it's turning into a cap thread/one that goes round in circles.
Old 23-11-2004, 17:18   #1585
Neil
Inactive

Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by etccarmageddon
oh my god it's turning into a cap thread/one that goes round in circles.
No it's not-it's turning into a thread that I'm going to close very shortly.
Old 23-11-2004, 17:24   #1586
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

will all cap discussions just get closed?
Old 23-11-2004, 17:44   #1587
orangebird
Inactive

Services: Yeah Baby! ;)
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
What's the point in discussing it any further? I'm sure that every single aspect of the 'cap' debate has been done to death 100 times over on this forum in one thread or another. The cap is there. That's that really. No petition, or website, or protest, or any amount of objection has changed the situation so far so whats the point in going over it again and again?
Old 23-11-2004, 17:47   #1588
Neil
Inactive

Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
Yes-until there is something new to discuss.

This is discussion forum, where people come to discuss things, not a repetition forum where people come to repeat things.

This is discussion forum, where people come to discuss things, not a repetition forum where people come to repeat things.

See-not much fun is it!?
Old 23-11-2004, 17:49   #1589
orangebird
Inactive

Services: Yeah Baby! ;)
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
Yes-until there is something new to discuss.

See-not much fun is it!?
Old 23-11-2004, 18:39   #1590
Neil
Inactive

Going.....
Closed Thread