Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Is Virgin Throtelling Torrents?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking

Gigabit network problem

Old 15-09-2020, 16:41   #1
smallclone
cf.geek

Services: M tv Broadband 150Mb/s. Superhub 3 V6
smallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of light
Gigabit network problem

Hi all, I have

-Superhub 3 in modem mode
-Connected to an Asus Dark Knight Gigabit router (cat 5e)
-Connected to a TP-Link Gigabit Switch (cat 5e)

But I'm only getting 100mbps network. No orange lights on the switch.

Any ideas why ? I thought Cat5e was gigabit? What else could the problem be?

Thanks for any ideas
smallclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-09-2020, 16:47   #2
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
Re: Gigabit network problem

You haven't got a superhub 4.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2020, 16:54   #3
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
You haven't got a superhub 4.
Bet he has a 100mb lan card

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2020, 17:25   #4
smallclone
cf.geek

smallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of light

Oh. That'll be it then.
Old 15-09-2020, 19:43   #5
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I suspect cables.

my laptop has a wired connection.

I put a cable in and Fingbox flagged that it was only 100meg, swapped it and got 1gig
Old 15-09-2020, 19:51   #6
smallclone
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I suspect cables.

my laptop has a wired connection.

I put a cable in and Fingbox flagged that it was only 100meg, swapped it and got 1gig
What did you swap it with cat 6?
Old 15-09-2020, 20:24   #7
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallclone View Post

Yeah, what you can do if you are doing cable runs, buy the best cat there is at that time. Yes you pay a premium, but you give a sort of future proof your network.
Old 16-09-2020, 10:59   #8
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallclone View Post
you don't need to but the cost is negligible tbh. Cat5e is defo 1gbit and my entire house is cabled with it. We have had this story before, there will be one dodgy cable somewhere which is screwing things up so when you have got 2 mins you just need to get 1 new cable and trying swapping them out one at a time to see which one it is.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote