Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Old 06-09-2020, 13:26   #76
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
If you have two Horizon boxes (rather than one main and one slave), do you know whether you can view recordings from the second box on the main box and vice versa, as you can with the V6?

I think the big question is - Are you allowed to have 2 horizon main boxes?
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-09-2020, 13:48   #77
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
I think the big question is - Are you allowed to have 2 horizon main boxes?
Yes, I know, but if you cannot, they are not for me unless we get a 2Tb hard drive.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 14:40   #78
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

I suspect a lot of the limitations at present will be lifted or resolved in the future.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 18:27   #79
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Yes, I know, but if you cannot, they are not for me unless we get a 2Tb hard drive.
absolutely old boy i agree! the v6 boxes are great for me for this reason! have no issues with them so im surprised virgin media are abandoning them for horizon boxes.

people on the virgin media forum are still under the assumption that horizon software will eventually come to the v6. do we know the source which is suggesting on here that its not going to happen?

Last edited by vincerooney; 06-09-2020 at 18:28. Reason: .
vincerooney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 12:16   #80
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
absolutely old boy i agree! the v6 boxes are great for me for this reason! have no issues with them so im surprised virgin media are abandoning them for horizon boxes.

people on the virgin media forum are still under the assumption that horizon software will eventually come to the v6. do we know the source which is suggesting on here that its not going to happen?
It was this story: https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...or-launch.html
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 13:25   #81
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
That's right. As far as I know, Virgin has not made such an announcement. Mind you, they tend not to tell us anything!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 11:04   #82
offmore
cf.member

offmore is an unknown quantity at this point

is 360 system, still on test. or is it avaible to everyone
offmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 11:30   #83
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by offmore View Post
is 360 system, still on test. or is it avaible to everyone
Not generally available.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 19:54   #84
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

After a suggestion that it is only a few seconds I checked the live pause buffer and is is 180 minutes.
Old 12-09-2020, 19:55   #85
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
After a suggestion that it is only a few seconds I checked the live pause buffer and is is 180 minutes.
Is that HD or SD?
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 20:07   #86
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
Yes, but only on the Live TV channel, I think.
There is no way, if I understand correctly, to get all six tuners buffering. You can’t access the tuners like you could on V6, using the Info button.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 21:17   #87
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Yes, but only on the Live TV channel, I think.
There is no way, if I understand correctly, to get all six tuners buffering. You can’t access the tuners like you could on V6, using the Info button.
That's disappointing, it's really useful.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 21:32   #88
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
You can’t access the tuners like you could on V6, using the Info button.
Well that's a pain in the arse. Still think they should add an option to park the tuners on favourite channels, so you've always got a buffer on them when the box is mostly idle.
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2020, 07:17   #89
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Was on a HD channel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Is that HD or SD?
Old 17-09-2020, 13:04   #90
jynx78
cf.member

jynx78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just received our two 360 boxes straight away i could see it would be the same set up as sky q which i can not get on with. i phoned them to confirm All recording will be in one place so only 1T storage and all recordings are in one place mixed up. I prefer they way its set up with the v6 box in a separate folder so i know what i have left to watch and what space i have left on the drive. Also with this set up your programs may not record if other people in the house has filled up the drive. My personal opinion i am staying with the v6.
jynx78 is offline   Reply With Quote