Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BBC Parliament coming to BBC2.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TiVo control in two rooms and HDMI splitter

Old 01-09-2016, 21:06   #1
aidanl
Inactive

aidanl is an unknown quantity at this point
Question TiVo control in two rooms and HDMI splitter

Hi all - new to the forum. Had a search around and found some old posts but can't find anything too current...

Recently moved from Sky to Virgin Media TiVo. I had a Sky magic eye to remote control and watch Sky in the bedroom from the main box downstairs.

Now that I have moved to TiVo I am looking for better image quality (using a HDMI extender) but still want to remote control it from upstairs.

Can I use a HDMI splitter out the back of the TiVo box, into a HDMI extender with IR and still control upstairs?

I am thinking of using Neet HDMI Extender with IR from Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet%C2%AE-...emote+extender

Will this work if I am using a splitter? Additionally will I need to also purchase these from Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Probes-Exte...emote+extender and connect them both at the Tx end (near the TiVo box) and then naturally the Rx end at the bedroom upstairs? If yes to both then will the Tx end need the IR receiver pointing outwards into the living room or can it be hid behind the box?

Sorry for all the questions but just want to make sure before I start randomly buying equipment that may or may not work!

Thanks in advance!!

Aidan
aidanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-09-2016, 21:11   #2
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
Re: TiVo control in two rooms and HDMI splitter

I used this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Revesun-Inj...words=ir++hdmi

and this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kinps%C2%AE...rds=hdmi+split

with a really long hdmi cable and had no issues
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 21:13   #3
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads
Re: TiVo control in two rooms and HDMI splitter

Probably a bit more expensive than you are looking for but the logitech harmony devices that use the hub can control things from anywhere you can get a wifi signal in the house.
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote