Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience
View Poll Results: My personal experience of Virgin Media customer service has been:
Excellent- I've never had any problems with them 249 18.91%
Generally OK 315 23.92%
Hit 'n' Miss - about 50/50 273 20.73%
Poor- they normally mess it up 239 18.15%
Awful - never had a useful phonecall to them 241 18.30%
Voters: 1317. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14-01-2008, 16:30   #136
snazzy
Inactive

Services: BB/TV/Phone
snazzy is on a distinguished roadsnazzy is on a distinguished road
Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

I would strongly advise that you write a letter stating the above. Try to tone it down a wee bit, and await a phone call. I found this to be much better than talking to them if it involves the Indian call centre.

It may take two weeks before they call, but will be better all round. Seeing as you have several packages, have you tried going through retentions? I find they are a bit more useful.
snazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-02-2008, 22:13   #137
Mikey845
Inactive

Services: BB/TV/PHONE
Mikey845 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

Well VM has be ok with me when I can actually get hold of them, which is about a quarter of the time....
Pretty much every email I send doesn't get a reply and hours of waiting on the phone to then be cut off before I get to speak to anyone!
My panties have been pulled down and I've been bent over a barrel
Mikey845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2008, 10:52   #138
lsproc
Inactive

lsproc has a spectacular aura about themlsproc has a spectacular aura about themlsproc has a spectacular aura about themlsproc has a spectacular aura about them

I called recently about being unable to access the internet. The guy on the phone told me that there was an outage (that wasnt on service status). Well done, you made it very quick and easy

Now will I get my 50p back...
lsproc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2008, 10:11   #139
smeagoly1
Inactive

Services: Bugger all now apart from 8meg ADSL and only 2 meg at best!!!! I want my 20meg cable back!
smeagoly1 is just really nicesmeagoly1 is just really nicesmeagoly1 is just really nicesmeagoly1 is just really nicesmeagoly1 is just really nicesmeagoly1 is just really nice

Been hit and miss, while it was telewest I had 100% positive experiences with tech and help desks. Since the rebrand, not so. I have been with Telewest/VM for 8-10 years.
Several issues, mainly covered in lots of other threads by people regarding overseas tech support.

The main gripe I have now, due to a forced flat move I phone up asking what was involved as the new flat will not have cable access. Quite offhand was told "well you will owe us £240" No offer of what non cable packages could be on offer. As you can understand this put me out quite a bit.
A week or so later after looking at various adsl packages and checking my new flats conections, I phon up sales again. This time quite a different person with a very helpfull attitude. In a nutshell She said "well if you do stay with virgin , you will just get a new 1 year adsl contract, as long as you have a BT line installed and don't have to pay off the remainder of my BB XL and TV cablepackages" happier bunny i felt then.

So it's just working out the better adsl package to go for. Especially as the BT line just needs activated and no install fee.
It's just a pitty my first call left a sour feeling with me.
smeagoly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2008, 12:38   #140
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Services: TiVo 110MB BB Phone Line
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to webcrawler2050

So far so good.

We have been on and off with them for a few years, we started years ago - when they where Diamond Cable then to NTL which was shocking, went to ADSL and boy did I regret that. no back with VM and pretty happy - allthough kept my telly with Sky. Just because I like it!

Going to be puting it to some tests later on this evening, once ive got the LAN setup
webcrawler2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 03:53   #141
frogstamper
Inactive

Services: VIP
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze

Generally my Virgin services [bb-tv-phone] run pretty smoothly, but I dread having to call customer support and being put through to the Indian sub-continent, although on the whole the people are polite its just the language barrier, I'm forever saying "can you repeat that please", sometimes its so bad I have hung up and redialled in the hope of getting somebody easier to understand, thank god 150 is still free!!
frogstamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 17:40   #142
Hating_waiting
Inactive

Hating_waiting is an unknown quantity at this point

I had my Virgin Media services installed a year ago. Broadband, television and phone line.
At the begining of February 2008, some builders cut through the cable that feeds my house causing me to lose all my services.
I informed Virgin Media of this the day it happened but as yet I am still waiting for my services to be reconnected. I have been without services now for over NINE WEEKS!!
I have so far called customer services 24 times. No one can tell me when the problem will be fixed as they say it is a construction issue, however, they have still sent me 6 install technicians that are powerless to help me as my services are installed already.
I have been given 5 different dates for when customer services 'think' it 'may' be fixed but so far it has not happened.
In the mean time I have been sent threatening bills, made up mostly of ADVANCE charges!
I have spent so much time, and money (mobile phone credit) trying to get some sort of answer and explination from these people. I have now started emailing them aswell. I sent my first email on the 30th March, and, despite being sent a reply saying they will look into my complaint and get back to me within 48 hours I have heard nothing. I have just sent my second email today, 5th April. So we will see what happens next!

Hate to Wait? Ha thats a laugh!
Hating_waiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 19:46   #143
frogstamper
Inactive

frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hating_waiting View Post
I had my Virgin Media services installed a year ago. Broadband, television and phone line.
At the begining of February 2008, some builders cut through the cable that feeds my house causing me to lose all my services.
I informed Virgin Media of this the day it happened but as yet I am still waiting for my services to be reconnected. I have been without services now for over NINE WEEKS!!
I have so far called customer services 24 times. No one can tell me when the problem will be fixed as they say it is a construction issue, however, they have still sent me 6 install technicians that are powerless to help me as my services are installed already.
I have been given 5 different dates for when customer services 'think' it 'may' be fixed but so far it has not happened.
In the mean time I have been sent threatening bills, made up mostly of ADVANCE charges!
I have spent so much time, and money (mobile phone credit) trying to get some sort of answer and explination from these people. I have now started emailing them aswell. I sent my first email on the 30th March, and, despite being sent a reply saying they will look into my complaint and get back to me within 48 hours I have heard nothing. I have just sent my second email today, 5th April. So we will see what happens next!

Hate to Wait? Ha thats a laugh!
Welcome to CF hating_waiting, great name by the way, this is truly ridiculous 9 weeks waiting for what should be a relatively simple repair. When you say the builders cut through your cable I take it you mean in your driveway, because I seem to remember that the customer is liable for the repair IF the cable is buried at the correct depth, below 6 inches. A similar thing happened to me about 5 years ago, the drive was being re-tarmacked and Id told the builders about the cable and where it was and that it should be at least 6 inches down. Anyway surprise, surprise it was about 2 inches down and they went straight through it, it was only because my sister worked at VM, of course then Cable and Wireless, that I was aware of the depth issue and it was repaired within the week.
Obviously I don't know if this applies in your case but if it does its certainly worth mentioning. Even so the nine week wait is intolerable, it might be worth sending VM a letter saying you expect to be reconnected within a reasonable time, eg two weeks, or you will be terminating your contract, surly they cant expect you to continue paying for a service you do not receive. Anyway best of luck.
Old 07-04-2008, 17:44   #144
Hating_waiting
Inactive

Hi frogstamper!

The cable that was cut is in the middle of the road and was cut by contracters laying cables for some new flats. As I liveon a very busy main road the 'repull' as VM keep calling it has to be done in the middle of the night. They know this but still send me install tech guys, that I have to wait in for!
I have just emailed the complaints department again cause despite saying they will get back to me within 48 hours I am STILL WAITING!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!
Old 07-04-2008, 20:21   #145
c_owl
Inactive

c_owl is an unknown quantity at this point

had a problem with my broadband 2 months ago, they replaced my box and gave me 1 month free. and i only wanted faster broadband
c_owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 21:10   #146
chickendippers
Inactive

Services: On-cable: TV-L, BB-L, Phone-M. Off-cable: Sky+ HD, Plusnet Unlimited.
chickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to chickendippers

@ Hating_waiting, you might have more luck posting on the support Newsgroup: http://www.virginmedia.com/customers/newsgroups/

I don't bother phoning any more, I just post there.
chickendippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 21:54   #147
Hating_waiting
Inactive

Thanks for that! I will try, just called VM though, was told that customer complaints may take a while to reply as they are 'Very busy' Ha! hardly suprising really!

---------- Post added at 20:54 ---------- Previous post was at 20:44 ----------

Chickendippers!

App VM Newsgroup is only availiable to VM customers, I can't connect to the internet through VM until they fix it. You could post for me if you think it will get me any where!?
Old 08-04-2008, 10:31   #148
lostandconfused
Inactive

Services: 2 X V+ XL TV XL BB XL Telco
lostandconfused has reached the bronze age
lostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hating_waiting View Post
Hi frogstamper!

The cable that was cut is in the middle of the road and was cut by contracters laying cables for some new flats. As I liveon a very busy main road the 'repull' as VM keep calling it has to be done in the middle of the night. They know this but still send me install tech guys, that I have to wait in for!
I have just emailed the complaints department again cause despite saying they will get back to me within 48 hours I am STILL WAITING!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!
They shouldnt have bothered sending out install techs, but if the cable that has been cut is in the middle of a busy road that does explain why it has taken so long.

Firstly construction needs to be booked, as VM dont install new cables anymore they are a fairly small dept.

Also permision needs to be granted by the council to dig up a road, especially if its a busy main road. Emergency work such as water, gas etc gets the priority whereas cable TV is seen as a luxury so takes a back burner and councils tend to drag their feet in granting permission.
lostandconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 14:02   #149
Hating_waiting
Inactive

Your right, but I was told that permission had been given two weeks after the cable got cut, VM did not tell the construction team about the work because of 'human error' apparently! My main gripe is that I have had no information from VM as to what is going on. I have had to phone and email them. The only correspondence I have had is a threatening bill!
Old 08-04-2008, 16:17   #150
frogstamper
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostandconfused View Post
They shouldnt have bothered sending out install techs, but if the cable that has been cut is in the middle of a busy road that does explain why it has taken so long.

Firstly construction needs to be booked, as VM dont install new cables anymore they are a fairly small dept.

Also permision needs to be granted by the council to dig up a road, especially if its a busy main road. Emergency work such as water, gas etc gets the priority whereas cable TV is seen as a luxury so takes a back burner and councils tend to drag their feet in granting permission.
Lostandconfused if I could just pick your brain for a min, I remember many moons ago the guys who were laying the cable for Nynex saying to me that if they cut through one of the utilities cables that Nynex were liable. Is this still the case if as above a company cuts through VMs cable?