Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | UK & EU Agree Post-Brexit Trade Deal

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

UK & EU Agree Post-Brexit Trade Deal
Closed Thread

Old 20-09-2019, 20:17   #271
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Brexit Development(s) Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Peril? Don’t make me laugh.
Laugh all want, go to Antrim with that attitude and let me know how your knee caps are afterwards.

Typical English idiot that has no idea of Northern Ireland. And yes mods i’m Afraid I think I am justified in the term idiot based on the last few posts, as JFman has deliberately used inflammatory language in regards to Northern Ireland.
Old 20-09-2019, 20:21   #272
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Laugh all want, go to Antrim with that attitude and let me know how your knee caps are afterwards.

Typical English idiot that has no idea of Northern Ireland. And yes mods i’m Afraid I think I am justified in the term idiot based on the last few posts, as JFman has deliberately used inflammatory language in regards to Northern Ireland.
You might feel justified but you’ve proven yourself an enemy of democracy here. There’s nothing inaccurate about describing six counties of Ireland as occupied by the United Kingdom. They’re British, aren’t they? As in this of the island we sit on.

Pierre is clearly an idiot who neither understands geography, history nor the concept of democracy! Which is ironic really.
Old 20-09-2019, 20:37   #273
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
You might feel justified but you’ve proven yourself an enemy of democracy here. There’s nothing inaccurate about describing six counties of Ireland as occupied by the United Kingdom. They’re British, aren’t they? As in this of the island we sit on.

Pierre is clearly an idiot who neither understands geography, history nor the concept of democracy! Which is ironic really.
They are not “occupied”. They are no more occupied than Kent, is occupied. They are part of the U.K.

I understand history and geography just fine thank you as my heritage is from Ireland.

I understand democracy too.

Northern Ireland is “occupied” by the Northern Irish. Some identify as Irish, some identify as British, many Identify, and are legally allowed to, as both.

But Britain does not “occupy” any counties of Northern Ireland.

As I say, go to Antrim, and other parts of Northern Ireland and make your case, not on here.
Old 20-09-2019, 20:37   #274
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
“British controlled territory on the island of Ireland”.

As it’s under direct rule is that better?

However you disagree over the definition the EU will no more accept a gaping hole in the single market than Britain would an uncontrolled flood of migrants via a back door.
It's the sentiment you put forward that's offensive. "Occupied counties".

Your final paragraph I would not dispute. It's what the whole impasse ultimately boils down to.

My advice is at your risk.
Old 20-09-2019, 20:43   #275
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
They are not “occupied”. They are no more occupied than Kent, is occupied. They are part of the U.K.

I understand history and geography just fine thank you as my heritage is from Ireland.

I understand democracy too.

Northern Ireland is “occupied” by the Northern Irish. Some identify as Irish, some identify as British, many Identify, and are legally allowed to, as both.

But Britain does not “occupy” any counties of Northern Ireland.

As I say, go to Antrim, and other parts of Northern Ireland and make your case, not on here.
Your final sentence is essentially a threat to invite attack by paramilitaries. A reasonably unpleasant experience I’m sure. However reflective of a dying culture, further threatened as the enlightened folk of the island of Ireland see their future differently from the British.

It’ll be my last point on the matter. Six counties of the island of Ireland are governed from London - it’s a fact of so little controversy I’m stunned it’s caused so many posts. Mick has asked everyone to keep to topic and I’m trying my best against others here.
Old 20-09-2019, 20:51   #276
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
Your final sentence is essentially a threat to invite attack by paramilitaries.
No it isn’t, just ask the man on the street.

Quote:
as the enlightened folk of the island of Ireland see their future differently from the British.
You’ve proven “ emphatically” that you know nothing of the folk of Ireland, and I’m sure they wouldn’t want some drip , I assume, from southern England talking on their behalf.

Quote:
It’ll be my last point on the matter
. That’ll be a blessed relief

Quote:
Six counties of the island of Ireland are governed from London
plainly incorrect, they are governed from Stormont.

Quote:
it’s a fact
. That you got wrong .

Quote:
Mick has asked everyone to keep to topic and I’m trying my best against others here.
then don’t be a Richard.
Old 20-09-2019, 21:00   #277
jfman
Architect of Ideas

There’s no Stormont government, as you well know. Don’t invite me back in with obvious inaccuracies.

Nor am I from the south of England, Dick.
Old 20-09-2019, 21:12   #278
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
There’s no Stormont government
there is, it just isn’t sitting at the moment. The Westminster government isn’t currently sitting, are you saying there is no Westminster government?

Quote:
Don’t invite me back in with obvious inaccuracies.
I didn’t invite you, you came back like a faithful old Labrador, tongue out, wagging your tail, dribbling a little bit.

Quote:
Nor am I from the south of England.
Wow, and yet that’s how you come across.........in deepest sympathy.........
Old 20-09-2019, 21:15   #279
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Stop bickering, or infractions will be issued
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 20-09-2019, 21:17   #280
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
there is, it just isn’t sitting at the moment. The Westminster government isn’t currently sitting, are you saying there is no Westminster government?
Oh bless.

You don’t understand that Parliament is prorogued and the Government remains. It’s a risk to allow you to vote on constitutional matters.

Edit: just saw the mod instruction so I won’t revisit the topic.
Old 20-09-2019, 21:20   #281
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Your final sentence is essentially a threat to invite attack by paramilitaries. A reasonably unpleasant experience I’m sure. However reflective of a dying culture, further threatened as the enlightened folk of the island of Ireland see their future differently from the British.

It’ll be my last point on the matter. Six counties of the island of Ireland are governed from London - it’s a fact of so little controversy I’m stunned it’s caused so many posts. Mick has asked everyone to keep to topic and I’m trying my best against others here.
Whenever somebody says something is a threat to the "peace process", they are threatening violence
The IRA are still very much active.
Link
Quote:
A bomb was found in the Creggan area of Londonderry after police searches in the area on Monday 9 September.
and various other attacks listed in the link.
Link
Quote:
Who are the New IRA and what have they done?
Formed in 2012, it has been involved in killings, gun and bomb attacks and ‘punishment’ shootings and beatings
Even if there was a "border" in the Irish Sea, the negative impact on Ireland is going to be massive, and strangely enough not that different to a hard Brexit. Any obstructions or difficulties will still be there, just in a different place. They benefit from a common language with England etc.
Old 20-09-2019, 21:28   #282
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Whenever somebody says something is a threat to the "peace process", they are threatening violence
The IRA are still very much active.
Link
and various other attacks listed in the link.
Link
Even if there was a "border" in the Irish Sea, the negative impact on Ireland is going to be massive, and strangely enough not that different to a hard Brexit. Any obstructions or difficulties will still be there, just in a different place. They benefit from a common language with England etc.
The EU is more than Ireland.

Ireland has bad outcomes from England’s decision. Which is why a deal, and the backstop is best for the island of Ireland.

You are ignoring that there has to be a border somewhere, unless you are advocating Ireland leaving the EU! Pretty colonial, and unexpected I suppose.
Old 20-09-2019, 21:32   #283
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
Oh bless.

You don’t understand that Parliament is prorogued and the Government remains. It’s a risk to allow you to vote on constitutional matters.
Northern Ireland is not currently under Direct Rule. Unless you know different.

Quote:
just saw the mod instruction so I won’t revisit the topic.
Good, cos you’re really bad at it.
Old 20-09-2019, 21:36   #284
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Northern Ireland is not currently under Direct Rule. Unless you know
It’s not controlled from a government in Stormont as you claimed. Please cease from posting absolute falsehoods. It’ll save us both time in the long run.
Old 20-09-2019, 22:17   #285
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Off topic bickering posts removed - final warning.

Any more of this childish bickering and the Loving Mallet of Correction™ will be deployed.

---------- Post added at 22:17 ---------- Previous post was at 21:57 ----------

More posts removed, fracks issued.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Closed Thread