Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Post-Brexit Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Post-Brexit Thread
Closed Thread

Old 27-11-2016, 01:22   #2791
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Post-Brexit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
But I must be uneducated, Mr K says so as I voted Brexit.
Passive-aggressive, much?

As has been previously stated, this was a misinterpretation of a poll finding put forward by the tabloid press - if you wish to label yourself this way, it is a victim complex writ large...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Advertisement
Old 27-11-2016, 01:24   #2792
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
But I must be uneducated, Mr K says so as I voted Brexit.
Yeah the rest of this thread really glows with you caring what Mr K thinks about anything.

---------- Post added at 01:24 ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Passive-aggressive, much?

As has been previously stated, this was a misinterpretation of a poll finding put forward by the tabloid press - if you wish to label yourself this way, it is a victim complex writ large...
We are in a genuinely fascinating situation where people label themselves as 'winners' while simultaneously running on a victim complex. Can you think of a precedent for this?
Old 27-11-2016, 01:30   #2793
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

I don't label myself as anything. Enough of Mr K I think he's got the message.

I don't have a victim complex either.
Old 27-11-2016, 01:44   #2794
RizzyKing

Yes there is a section of society that views any sort of education as a negative but it's not a large section no matter how loud it might be and there is a section that believes the queen is a lizard. We are too complex a society to be broken down so easily no matter how hard our media tries. The worst thing about brexit has been the infighting amongst us that it's lead too and the division that is getting greater and mostly instigated by individuals with their own agenda and zero concern or interest in any of us.

Old 27-11-2016, 09:14   #2795
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I don't label myself as anything. Enough of Mr K I think he's got the message.

I don't have a victim complex either.
All I did was point to the Telegraph article which showed that those areas with higher education levels voted to Remain. Positive or negative, its a fact. It doesnt make a leave vote less valid, but maybe many have been ill-informed by a rubbish negative campaign - from both sides. The words 'stupid', 'uneducated' weren't used.

Brexiters do seem paranoid and very defensive. You have to live with it now, you are what responsible for what happens, so don' t blame others. You can't even blame politicians from all sides who mostly advised to Remain, and warned of the consequences.
Old 27-11-2016, 09:49   #2796
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
I need time to pay.

Will £350million a week do?
Ah, a post-truth joke .. nice

---------- Post added at 09:49 ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
All I did was point to the Telegraph article which showed that those areas with higher education levels voted to Remain. Positive or negative, its a fact. It doesnt make a leave vote less valid, but maybe many have been ill-informed by a rubbish negative campaign - from both sides. The words 'stupid', 'uneducated' weren't used.

Brexiters do seem paranoid and very defensive. You have to live with it now, you are what responsible for what happens, so don' t blame others. You can't even blame politicians from all sides who mostly advised to Remain, and warned of the consequences.
Brexit is now quasi-religious: I don't want to hear facts because I have Faith ..
Old 27-11-2016, 10:03   #2797
Anypermitedroute
Inactive

Services: Virgin TIVO XL package & Sky Movies and Sports HD XXL broadband & superhub
Anypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post

Spot on, the way they have acted you would of thought they simply forgotten they got the result they wanted
Old 27-11-2016, 10:28   #2798
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Ah, a post-truth joke .. nice

---------- Post added at 09:49 ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 ----------

Brexit is now quasi-religious: I don't want to hear facts because I have Faith ..
sorry for the wait been praying in front of the brexit bus

What a friend we have in brexit
All our sins and griefs to bear
And what a privilege to carry
Everything to brexit in prayer
Old 27-11-2016, 10:35   #2799
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anypermitedroute View Post
Spot on, the way they have acted you would of thought they simply forgotten they got the result they wanted
I'm sure any concern isn't about the outcome of the referendum, it's more to with the constant whining from those who're now undermining and challenging the result by such means as demanding second referendums etc. etc. etc. We now even have the likes of Blair surfacing from beneath his very well appointed stone to join the anti exit clamour from the likes of Farron, the SNP, John Major. That's what I believe those Brexiteers who are 'moaning' are doing so in respect of. Unless it's escaped your attention, no 'result' has been obtained yet and until the matter's done and dusted there's going to be the distinct feeling that somehow the will of the majority who voted in the referendum to get out of the EU and the free movement of people is going to be subverted. It's no wonder really though since there's history when it comes to the EU and the results of referenda being overturned of is that just another unfounded Brexiteer moan?

Last edited by Osem; 27-11-2016 at 10:40.
Old 27-11-2016, 10:42   #2800
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
sorry for the wait been praying in front of the brexit bus

What a friend we have in brexit
All our sins and griefs to bear
And what a privilege to carry
Everything to brexit in prayer
In front of the bus? Pity it didn't run you over .. no .. wait .. you don't know what direction it is going in do you?
Old 27-11-2016, 10:48   #2801
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
In front of the bus? Pity it didn't run you over .. no .. wait .. you don't know what direction it is going in do you?
we may have been in front of the side or in front the rear of the bus or outside the inside or even inside the outside it doesn't really matter we are all going in the same direction on the same bus
Old 27-11-2016, 10:50   #2802
ianch99
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Don't forget, they have been 'constantly whining" for years, some of them posting 100's or even 1000's of messages on this forum on how bad the EU is and how we should leave, etc.

Now when the (flawed) vote was taken to Leave, and the sides are reversed, if you argue against leaving the EU, you are "undermining and challenging the result", you are a traitor and on and on.

The hypocrisy stinks ..
Old 27-11-2016, 10:58   #2803
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

[QUOTE=ianch99;35872082]Don't forget, they have been 'constantly whining" for years, some of them posting 100's or even 1000's of messages on this forum on how bad the EU is and how we should leave, etc.

Now when the (flawed) vote was taken to Leave, and the sides are reversed, if you argue against leaving the EU, you are "undermining and challenging the result", you are a traitor ....

flawed ?
Old 27-11-2016, 12:34   #2804
Anypermitedroute
Inactive

Services: Virgin TIVO XL package & Sky Movies and Sports HD XXL broadband & superhub
Anypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
I'm sure any concern isn't about the outcome of the referendum, it's more to with the constant whining from those who're now undermining and challenging the result by such means as demanding second referendums etc. etc. etc. We now even have the likes of Blair surfacing from beneath his very well appointed stone to join the anti exit clamour from the likes of Farron, the SNP, John Major. That's what I believe those Brexiteers who are 'moaning' are doing so in respect of. Unless it's escaped your attention, no 'result' has been obtained yet and until the matter's done and dusted there's going to be the distinct feeling that somehow the will of the majority who voted in the referendum to get out of the EU and the free movement of people is going to be subverted. It's no wonder really though since there's history when it comes to the EU and the results of referenda being overturned of is that just another unfounded Brexiteer moan?
Just shows you didn't know what you voted for

yes we will leave the EU that's what the referendum ask.

I didn't see anything in the question regarding freedom of movement, take up that with negotiaton and vote leave if you feel that was what you were promised
Old 27-11-2016, 13:40   #2805
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Just shows you didn't know what you voted for

yes we will leave the EU that's what the referendum ask.

I didn't see anything in the question regarding freedom of movement, take up that with negotiaton and vote leave if you feel that was what you were promised
... and this is the claptrap people are right to moan about. Migration and the free movement of people was overwhelmingly the primary concern of those who voted to leave, the EU debate and the general election before it. It was that concern and the resulting surge in votes for UKIP which got us the referendum in the first place. Up until that point HMG had no real interest in asking us anything. To claim that's not the case or wasn't understood by those who voted out is patent nonsense. Referenda are by definition binary choices 'yes/no', 'in/out' - the fine detail of what's entailed in those decisions is never a matter for the referendum but for what follows. We voted to leave - not to stay in some of it and slightly less in some of the what's left. What part of that can't you accept?
Closed Thread