Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What music are you listening to?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > General Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar

What music are you listening to?

Old 12-07-2005, 23:19   #1591
Graham
Inactive

Graham has a nice shiny star
Graham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny star
Re: What music are you listening to? - at the gym?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun
What are YOU listening to at the gym?
Well, I'm not, because I'm not a member of a gym...

... yet!

At the risk of hijacking this slightly, which gym do you go to Shaun? A small independant or part of a chain?

I've actually just been checking out local gyms and they've ranged from the grotty to the grossly over-priced (in one case they *combined* both of these elements!! )

I'm seriously considering the "Fitness First" gym, it's clean, seems very friendly, has a wide variety of equipment and courses, built in video/ music channels and a pretty good "off peak" (turn up before 4pm) rate of about £27 a month for unlimited use without needing a 12 month contract.
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-07-2005, 23:38   #1592
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

I used to use (and want to go back to, when my eye is better) our local leisure centre. It has a fairly large gym (two floors), good selection of machines etc.

The only trouble is that the only machines with selectable music are one set of bikes and one set of treadmills. Everywhere else, you have to bring your own music, or listen to whatever they have playing.

I tend to take a pocket radio (they say iPods are OK in gyms, but I don't trust any hard drive based MP3 player with all that vibration).
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 23:38   #1593
Graham
Inactive

Graham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny star
Re: what music are you listening to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne A
Quote:
Originally Posted by markymoan
the sound of silence the kids have gone to grandmas.

But then again it leaves me to put queen on full wack
Can i suggest a track - Dont Stop Me Now.
Ok, we won't stop you, please do suggest a track...
Old 12-07-2005, 23:50   #1594
Shaun
Inactive

Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlin
I know I'm probably gonna get red carded for this but do we really need another "what music are you listening to" thread. The original one didn't specify a location (or so I believe), I assumed that thread would cover listening to music anywhere?
I just thought it'd give people an idea of what music others were playing to motivate themselves at the gym. Consider yourself flamed

@ Graham I go to the Living Well Premier. I chose that one as some of my friends go there (not that we've managed to go at the same time yet) and they have a pool which for me was one of the top prioritys. I pay £35 a month for a 6 month contract but can use the gym all the time except between 5 and 8 in the week which fits in nicely with me.
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 23:51   #1595
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun
I just thought it'd give people an idea of what music others were playing to motivate themselves at the gym. Consider yourself flamed
I think you need to practice your flaming.....but thanks for trying
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2005, 00:00   #1596
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham
A small independant or part of a chain?
Go independent. The one I am part of, charges £25 per month. I pay each month as I use it, no yearly or quarterly contracts needed. Plus the bloke who runs it, has a passion for it (it is his business, not just employed there) so he is always willing to help out and give advise.

When I am at the gym, I listen to the same sort of stuff when I am out of the gym. Mainly punk, but a bit of anything.

Edit: When looking for one, don't go for the places that are solely gyms, go round tennis/squash clubs etc, and as if you have a gym only membership, they can be much better than standalone gyms.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2005, 00:04   #1597
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Tranceformer 2000

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2005, 00:06   #1598
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

The Corrs - Forgiven Not Forgotten

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2005, 00:09   #1599
Shaun
Inactive

Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I think you need to practice your flaming.....but thanks for trying
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2005, 01:07   #1600
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

None, as the gym strikes me as utterly boring. I cycle a lot though, and play weekly squash and football. Far more entertaining than the gym, but you don't tend to listen to music in the process.
Old 13-07-2005, 09:30   #1601
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob C
Whatever tecno rubbish they play on the speakers Really must get myself an mp3 player.
Snap, except we are stuck with MTV (whole hour of Brittany yesterday of which I missed most thankfully).
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2005, 09:37   #1602
Nemesis
Inactive

Services: Virgin stuff
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Nemesis

Quote:
I know I'm probably gonna get red carded for this but do we really need another "what music are you listening to" thread. The original one didn't specify a location (or so I believe), I assumed that thread would cover listening to music anywhere?
I actually agree with this sentiment ... as as such it will shortly be merged with the existing "music" Thread.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2005, 09:49   #1603
andyl

Services: NTL 2MB Broadband, x2 phones, digi TV.

What's a "gym"?
Old 13-07-2005, 15:37   #1604
Graham
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham
A small independant or part of a chain?
Go independent. The one I am part of, charges £25 per month. I pay each month as I use it, no yearly or quarterly contracts needed.
Well Fitness First only charges £26.99 per month and there's no contract (although they do require 30 days notice, but so do most that I've talked to)

Quote:
Plus the bloke who runs it, has a passion for it (it is his business, not just employed there) so he is always willing to help out and give advise.
From what I've heard and gathered just from a quick introductory tour by one of the staff, it seems that FF (no, not Firefox!) are pretty good on this.

Quote:
When I am at the gym, I listen to the same sort of stuff when I am out of the gym. Mainly punk, but a bit of anything.
I need to get a new MP3 player, my old one seems to have died and the software just goes BSOD when I try to re-install it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyl
What's a "gym"?
What's a fat ba$$$$d?!
Old 13-07-2005, 16:10   #1605
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyl
What's a "gym"?
Short for James, innit
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote