Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Cordless Screwdriver

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology

Cordless Screwdriver

Old 16-04-2019, 02:09   #1
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts
Cordless Screwdriver

I wonder if any of u guys can help me.

Im looking for a tidy Screwdriver which is rechargable. I dont want a massive one which is like a hammer drill and i dont want something which is small and under powered.

As im unsure as to how much im willing to spend at the moment im just looking for ideas on whats on the market, i wonder if anyone can point me to anyones they can recommend?

Thanks
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-04-2019, 02:18   #2
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
Re: Cordless Screwdriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post
I wonder if any of u guys can help me.

Im looking for a tidy Screwdriver which is rechargable. I dont want a massive one which is like a hammer drill and i dont want something which is small and under powered.

As im unsure as to how much im willing to spend at the moment im just looking for ideas on whats on the market, i wonder if anyone can point me to anyones they can recommend?

Thanks
I use a Bosch IXO cordless screwdriver. Can't fault it. You can get other adaptions for it and the bit sets are easy to find too. The price varies day to day on Amazon and can go for as little as £19.99
Old 16-04-2019, 11:55   #3
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

I got a Lidl Parkside Rapidfire 3.6v one for little jobs. Integrated bit holder for most screw sizes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screw.jpg (60.1 KB, 8 views)
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2019, 12:27   #4
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
I use a Bosch IXO cordless screwdriver. Can't fault it. You can get other adaptions for it and the bit sets are easy to find too. The price varies day to day on Amazon and can go for as little as £19.99
I was just posting the same, i don't have it but the Amazon reviews look good.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-Cordl...s%2C143&sr=8-3
Old 16-04-2019, 17:40   #5
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

Robert Dyas have those Bosh ones down to £20 now and again, keep an eye on hotukdeals I got a black and decker one for about £20 from Argos I think, does the job.

Some are handy where the handle can be like a gun/normal drill, or rotate so it is like a normal screwdriver
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2019, 14:06   #6
alanbjames
R.I.P.

alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

Just ordered one of those Bosch from amazon with a few adapters for less than £60 inc next day delivery.

This should last me a while.
Old 18-04-2019, 21:07   #7
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Had the screw driver through and its cool, gonna get some of the extra attachements now in the future.
Old 18-04-2019, 21:22   #8
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Just a heads up, if spending £25 or more at Amazon you can get £5 off your order if you install the browser assistant.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/5-o...w-live-3216467

I just did this and got £5 off my order then uninstalled the addon.
Old 18-04-2019, 23:28   #9
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Old 21-04-2019, 22:40   #10
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Would it be worth buying the torque setting screwdriver attachment to?
Old 22-04-2019, 00:24   #11
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Probably if you want to cover your needs, unless it costs too much.
Old 22-04-2019, 01:08   #12
alanbjames
R.I.P.

i have ordered it and i also have the drill attachment.

Brilliant bit of kit to use.