Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin offering F-Secure SAFE for free fod 12 months.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Security & Virus Discussion

Virgin offering F-Secure SAFE for free fod 12 months.

Old 18-04-2019, 19:36   #1
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Virgin offering F-Secure SAFE for free fod 12 months.

Virgin Media say that this is worth £79.99 for the first year, but are offering this to customers for free. It is then £25 per year thereafter.

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-t...16-fullhouse-B

Is it any good? I personally never pay for anti virus as I think that the free ones do a good enough job.
RichardCoulter is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-04-2019, 20:20   #2
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Virgin offering F-Secure SAFE for free fod 12 months.

It uses the Bitdefender engine and that is very good, so as long as they don't automatically bill you at the end of the 12 months it maybe worth a shot.

I am currently using Bitdefender Total Security 2019 6 month trial so i won't give it a go at this time, maybe in 3 months time if i can't extend the trial further as i also don't pay for antivirus.
Old 18-04-2019, 22:26   #3
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Virgin offering F-Secure SAFE for free fod 12 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
It uses the Bitdefender engine and that is very good, so as long as they don't automatically bill you at the end of the 12 months it maybe worth a shot.

I am currently using Bitdefender Total Security 2019 6 month trial so i won't give it a go at this time, maybe in 3 months time if i can't extend the trial further as i also don't pay for antivirus.
It says that they don't take your card details until the free year has expired, so that's reassuring. Usually these free trials rely on inertia or forgetfulness.

I've heard that Bitdefender is good, so I might give it a go myself. A few years ago, VM offered something else (can't remember the name) and people said that it was worse than some of the free anti virus software out there!
RichardCoulter is online now   Reply With Quote