Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Retentions - what phone options to dial

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Billing Issues

Retentions - what phone options to dial

Old 09-10-2018, 15:08   #31
progers
Pete

Services: Broadband Up to 100Mb ~ TV Mix & TiVo 1Tb ~ Phone: Talk More Anytime
progers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these parts
Re: Retentions - what phone options to dial

Dial 150, choose the broadband, tv etc option, then select the moving home option, then the thinking of leaving you for another reason option
progers is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-10-2018, 15:49   #32
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I thought you couldn't sign up again straight away you had to wait a number of months?
I've never met a salesman who would follow this rule
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 15:50   #33
MrB
cf.addict

MrB is on a distinguished roadMrB is on a distinguished road

150 from the Virgin landline then 1, 1, 4, 5.
MrB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2018, 01:06   #34
bbxxl
cf.addict

bbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nice

I was paying £88 odd for full house TV, 200mb bb and talk unlimited.
My TiVo broke and they replaced it with a V6.
A few days later I got an email saying my new bill was £92.96/month.
I really wasn’t happy and decided that was enough to push me over to actually leave virgin.
I had never phoned and said I was going to leave before as I would never say I would do something I wasn’t going to.
First thing they said was no problem, then they asked why I was leaving.
When I told them he checked and said the price increase was nothing to do with my new box but was just the annual increase...
He then said that as I’d been with them 10 years they didn’t want to lose me. I said that I wanted the VIP package but wasn’t offered it onlinrpe.
He explained they could not do the new user offer but would see what he could do.
After working out the best deal he came back with £94/month
It’s only for 9 months but he said he was sure they could do something if I phoned back then.
So , for an extra £1.04 a month I have free phone calls to all mobiles rather than just virgin mobiles.
I have 350Mb rather than 200Mb
I have sky movies and sky sports, all channels and HD.

I’m thinking that is probably worth another £1.04 a month...
bbxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2018, 07:17   #35
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbxxl View Post
I really wasn’t happy and decided that was enough to push me over to actually leave virgin.
I had never phoned and said I was going to leave before as I would never say I would do something I wasn’t going to.
When I told them he checked and said the price increase was nothing to do with my new box but was just the annual increase...
He then said that as I’d been with them 10 years they didn’t want to lose me. I said that I wanted the VIP package but wasn’t offered it onlinrpe.
He explained they could not do the new user offer but would see what he could do.
It’s only for 9 months but he said he was sure they could do something if I phoned back then.
So , for an extra £1.04 a month I have free phone calls to all mobiles rather than just virgin mobiles.

In 9 months you will get shafted
Old 31-10-2018, 10:32   #36
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

Doesn't sound like a good deal to me seeing you wanted to save money, they gave me full house 200mb and phone for £76 I think for 12 months.
Old 31-10-2018, 23:55   #37
bbxxl
cf.addict

bbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nice

Quote:
Doesn't sound like a good deal to me seeing you wanted to save money, they gave me full house 200mb and phone for £76 I think for 12 months.
I could have probably got cheaper, but 350mb was good, Sky F1 I wanted and Sky movies are good. So I’m paying £18 for al, of that. Worth it to me.
bbxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 00:09   #38
jb66
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I could have probably got cheaper, but 350mb was good, Sky F1 I wanted and Sky movies are good. So I’m paying £18 for al, of that. Worth it to me.
Your going to be paying over £100 when you get shafted in month 10 11 and 12
Old 21-11-2018, 18:46   #39
Peter729
cf.addict

Peter729 has a spectacular aura about themPeter729 has a spectacular aura about themPeter729 has a spectacular aura about themPeter729 has a spectacular aura about them

Just renewed for 12 months 100mb broadband only for £25 per month, very happy
Peter729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2018, 21:10   #40
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter729 View Post
Just renewed for 12 months 100mb broadband only for £25 per month, very happy
The current Black Friday deal is 100mbit including a phone line for £25, normal price is £27.
Old 21-11-2018, 21:24   #41
Peter729
cf.addict

Peter729 has a spectacular aura about themPeter729 has a spectacular aura about themPeter729 has a spectacular aura about themPeter729 has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
The current Black Friday deal is 100mbit including a phone line for £25, normal price is £27.
They gave me, an exsisting customer, the Black Friday deal, I was plesently surprised
Old 22-11-2018, 14:14   #42
Trekkie101
cf.member

Trekkie101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just called as existing customer that expires in February. Renewed for 12 months at £55 a month for full house with upgrade to 350 broadband. Only £5 more than my new customer deal but faster internet. No phone included in either.

Impressed!
Trekkie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2018, 00:26   #43
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

Did you call retentions to get these black friday deals?
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2018, 01:04   #44
Peter729
cf.addict

Yes, but you must be near or at the end of your current contract