Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Star Trek: Discovery

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Star Trek: Discovery

Old 09-12-2023, 18:12   #511
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Star Trek: Discovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Sadly, there is no sign of that happening atm. The first season of SNW was good, the second season not so much, some really poor/dull episodes, and that awful musical nonsense, it didnt really shine until the final episode.
I know I'm weird but I loved S2 more than the first and I was a massive fan of both the Lower Decks crossover and the musical episode. However I do love musicals, so that probably helped.
Old 09-12-2023, 18:46   #512
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM Phone : Sky Mobile : Sky TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Granted, the LD crossover was good, as was the time travel episode, but there were too many poor/dull episodes in there as well. You cant afford many of them when you only have 10 to start with. I'm really hoping it doesnt go the same way as Discovery, getting worse each season.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 18:59   #513
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

I’m not a fan of musical episodes. They started out as a symptom of ideas running out, which is forgivable when you’re 5 seasons in to a series commissioned for broadcast 20-25 weeks of the year. Not so much when you’re only 2 seasons in to a show that only gets 10 episodes per year. At that length, there’s no room for filler and no excuse for a dearth of ideas on one of the most famous and extensive universes on TV. I think the SNW musical episode was good … for a musical episode. I still wish they’d done something with a bit more substance though. The LD crossover was really well done on the other hand. I think they worked through the differences in tone and pace of the animated show quite cleverly.

I very much hope that Star Trek: Legacy (is that a fan title?) gets made but I fear Paramount is doubling down on Discovery-era Trek and we are first likely to get a Starfleet Academy series after Discovery, given that they have been seeding the new academy since the start of the last season and even gave it a back-door pilot (‘All is Possible’, S4 E4).

Last edited by Chris; 09-12-2023 at 19:04.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 19:21   #514
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM Phone : Sky Mobile : Sky TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Star Trek: Starfleet Academy has already been ordered by Paramount, and begins production in 2024.

---------- Post added at 18:21 ---------- Previous post was at 18:17 ----------

The title Star Trek: Legacy was apparently proposed by the Picard S3 showrunner (Terry Matalas) but doesnt seem to be going anywhere atm.

Old 10-12-2023, 00:16   #515
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Section 31 movie seems to be happening??

https://trekmovie.com/2023/11/16/sta...or-production/
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 00:37   #516
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Yes, it was confirmed earlier in the year, when they switched it from a series to a film.

Old 10-12-2023, 11:56   #517
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Yes, it was confirmed earlier in the year, when they switched it from a series to a film.
I'm looking forward to it.
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2024, 02:17   #518
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Star Trek Discovery Season 5 (final season, 10 episodes) will begin airing on 4th April (2024).