Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 24-04-2013, 19:11   #1006
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Online it will , try ringing quite a few friends of mine have negotiated deals for multiple PVR's free or reduced cost , cash converters regularly have used versions of the latest DRX890 out for £30-£60.
that's not too bad MM but shows sky overcharging again with price of the boxes
Dave42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-04-2013, 19:29   #1007
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
that's not too bad MM but shows sky overcharging again with price of the boxes

A second Youview box would cost around £250.

Is a second box with VM a bit of a bargain then?
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2013, 21:53   #1008
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
BT Sports Package to launch on August 1st?

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35564597-post36.html
I got the e-mail too:

"We're getting in touch to let you know your ESPN subscription will be coming to an end on 31 July 2013, so it will no longer appear on your bill.

You don't need to do a thing but if you want to end your subscription earlier, it's easy to do here."

Wonder how long it will be until Virgin confirm what will happen with ESPN in the XL package.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2013, 22:06   #1009
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by coulsontom View Post
I appreciate that some use features we don't.

Wishlists for example, I don't use, and others don't because they wouldn't know how too (too complicated). But I appreciate that you would like to use it.

Seriously? Too complicated? I guess spending hours on end looking through a TV guide is a better alternative?

We're not heavy internet users. We just browse the web, read e-mails mainly so 20mb wouldn't bother us and tbh on normal browsing you can't tell the difference. We only get about 40mb as it is now.

You will probably notice the difference, you will be losing half your speed.

I do like the catch-up on virgin, and they were ahead of the game on this, but Sky have caught up in a sense that they now too offer iplayer and itv catch up services as well as full sky catch up and on demand.

We have found that virgin catch up often breaks and it's usually at night when you most want to use it.

The multiroom box that is free with sky doesn't record, but if you pay £199 you can get a recording one, which is frankly, a rip-off. Thing is though, we never record on the multiroom box so it wouldn't affect us.

Basically, it depends on what you want/need. But it still remains that you go to the place where you get what you want for the cheapest price. I don't know why anyone would not do that unless they had won the lottery.

This is true, but you forgot to add the cost of ESPN in your previous post with regards to price. Add the cost of ESPN to sky and sky magically becomes more expensive than VM, with many less advantages, in my eyes, and as such gives me what I want at the cheapest price.

Also, I believe, TV anywhere now streams more channels than sky go (I may be wrong and am happy to be corrected)

harry_hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2013, 23:46   #1010
coulsontom
Inactive

coulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to behold

I don't use TV Anywhere, and I when we had Sky we didn't bother with ESPN, only had it cos it was free with virgin. wouldn't have paid for it so price is still cheaper, but without the channel.

Too complicated yes. I understand to use it, but others don't who were born in another era.
coulsontom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 11:41   #1011
passingbat
Inactive

passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:

Too complicated yes. I understand to use it, but others don't who were born in another era.

Which era are you thinking of?
Old 25-04-2013, 12:39   #1012
Jameseh

Attitude era.
Old 25-04-2013, 12:58   #1013
coulsontom
Inactive

coulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Which era are you thinking of?
don't take the ****.

I don't understand how ppl are so wooden when it comes to computers, gadgets etc... either
coulsontom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 15:32   #1014
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain follows Bale as BT Sport sign Arsenal winger for new season

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz2RU9x4g30
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 16:29   #1015
passingbat
Inactive

Quote:
don't take the ****.
I wasn't. It was a genuine question.
Old 25-04-2013, 21:27   #1016
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I don't use TV Anywhere, and I when we had Sky we didn't bother with ESPN, only had it cos it was free with virgin. wouldn't have paid for it so price is still cheaper, but without the channel.

My granddad turns 93 this year, he has a HDD freeview recorder and is able to operate very competently. Essentially, all he has to do is push the up, down, left, right ok/enter keys (to set up series links, record programs watch recordings and delete recordings). With a wishlist all people have to do is follow the same process and push the same buttons, except they will push the same buttons on to different letters to spell out names of actors, directors or films. Please tell me how a wishlist is complicated?

My parents are in their 50's and can send text messages, surf the internet and work a Sky+ remote control and box.

That is two separate eras who can use modern technology. Which era is the one that finds moving a cursor on a screen by using arrows on a remote control difficult to spell out words difficult?

---------- Post added at 21:27 ---------- Previous post was at 21:21 ----------

Quote:
don't take the ****.

I don't understand how ppl are so wooden when it comes to computers, gadgets etc... either
LOL, my parents also have an ipad, and can use a digital camera too

When my Nan was still alive and my Grandad still helped out on the farm he used to work on, he used a mobile phone too, just incase he needed it on Nan needed to ring him urgently. He was in his 80's at the time.
harry_hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 21:42   #1017
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

To be fair Harry people use the functions of a STB in many different ways , I have many friends who use predominantly Sky+HD , V+ and TIVO all of them use their boxes in different ways. I find it amazing that anyone with a PVR would watch most of their TV viewing live however many still do , then there's those who'll trawl the entire TV guide to find when a shows on instead of simply using Search which seems strange to me however I guess each individual has their own ways of doing things which in turn becomes habit.

Personally I rarely use the remote or the STB's EPG , I tend to schedule everything from my ipad as I find it offers me the best way of discovering content , the app has a highlights section which lists the key shows today allowing you to series link or view other shows similar that may be of interest to you , it also has a handy search feature and the ability to view the whole On Demand catalogue and trigger downloads to the STB , I'm sure many on here find my way a strange way of doing things.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 22:31   #1018
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

My parents are in their 60's. There is no chance they'd manage to set a wishlist. Simply none.
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 23:01   #1019
passingbat
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
My parents are in their 60's. There is no chance they'd manage to set a wishlist. Simply none.

I can categorically assure you that there are people in their 60's that can set up a Whishlist.
Old 25-04-2013, 23:10   #1020
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
Perhaps you could give them lessons . My Mother is 89 I have taught her how to use her Sky plus box and now she wants an ipad and broadband so that she can facebook the relatives in Canada and Australia. Just shows your never to old to learn.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote