Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 18-04-2016, 14:41   #2656
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Thanks for that clearly they weren't aware of that in my link that said neither was I.
I think it was in the link you posted:

Quote:
Also added in the US is the ability to pay for Prime Video separately, if you don't want the other benefits of Amazon Prime. For $8.99 a month, US subscribers get access to unlimited movies and TV shows on the service, including Ultra HD video with HDR.

The UK has always offered a separate Prime Video subscription option, at £5.99 a month.
The video only part of UK Prime stemmed from the streaming only option of Lovefilm. The US Amazon never had a Lovefilm equivalent.
Advertisement
Old 18-04-2016, 14:53   #2657
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

That'll teach me to read an article all the way through.
Old 18-04-2016, 15:03   #2658
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Perhaps you need a pair of glasses as when we get older our sight usually worsens.
Old 29-04-2016, 15:57   #2659
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Punisher TV Series Announced For Netflix.

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/conten...ounced-netflix
Old 29-04-2016, 16:39   #2660
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Perhaps you need a pair of glasses as when we get older our sight usually worsens.
Tell me about it.

I recently "failed" an eye test, my first time I was told I needed them but it was a long time coming. I now have a set of glasses with a -0.75 Dioptre.

Anyway, I recently upgraded to a 4K TV and tested the set with Breaking Bad on Netflix. Without my glasses on I couldn't really see a difference between HD and 4K. With them on? Oh. OH.
Old 29-04-2016, 19:46   #2661
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop It View Post
Tell me about it.

I recently "failed" an eye test, my first time I was told I needed them but it was a long time coming. I now have a set of glasses with a -0.75 Dioptre.

Anyway, I recently upgraded to a 4K TV and tested the set with Breaking Bad on Netflix. Without my glasses on I couldn't really see a difference between HD and 4K. With them on? Oh. OH.
Maybe you've just explained why some people cannot see why HD is better than SD!

I'm beginning to wonder if they are looking out of a dirty window because they can't actually see the TV!
Old 01-05-2016, 18:20   #2662
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Finally made use of my Now TV box, with sideloading a Plex app onto it and now that it isn't possible to watch Netflix USA on a UK account i dusted off the Chromecast and use UK Netflix on it.
Old 02-05-2016, 21:12   #2663
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

My Netflix account is currently being used in the UK and by my partners son in Bulgaria without any issues(just started using it) can i expect any issues or should it be ok?
Old 03-05-2016, 11:26   #2664
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

You can share a Netflix login across countries as far as I'm aware - however each user would get the content appropriate to the country they're in at the time.
Old 03-05-2016, 12:11   #2665
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
My Netflix account is currently being used in the UK and by my partners son in Bulgaria without any issues(just started using it) can i expect any issues or should it be ok?
You should be ok from what i've gathered reading various forums and articles Netflix have blocked the actual vpn/smart dns proxies not locked a users account to a region.
Old 03-05-2016, 14:32   #2666
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Hulu looks to stream broadcast channels:

http://www.rapidtvnews.com/201605034...#axzz47axSsG9Y
Old 04-05-2016, 14:27   #2667
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Nowtv launching a kids pass for £2.99p/m from 21st June 2016 http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV...7juOMaUXRKQ.97
Old 04-05-2016, 14:58   #2668
mike_gain
Inactive

mike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Nowtv launching a kids pass for £2.99p/m from 21st June 2016 http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV...7juOMaUXRKQ.97
That's effectively a £2.99 rise for anyone wanting both entertainment and the current set of kids content :-(

Still if you take up the 6 month entertainment and movies passes (£50 for 6 months) the most that and the new kids passes will only cost is £135 a year. If you add in an Amazon Prime account and Netflix you're looking at £300 a year (or around £25 a month).

That's a lot of content for not a huge amount when compared to other pay tv packages and the accounts can cover multiple locations e.g my kids can watch Nov TV when at my parents all under 1 subscription.
Old 04-05-2016, 17:21   #2669
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_gain View Post
That's effectively a £2.99 rise for anyone wanting both entertainment and the current set of kids content :-(

Still if you take up the 6 month entertainment and movies passes (£50 for 6 months) the most that and the new kids passes will only cost is £135 a year. If you add in an Amazon Prime account and Netflix you're looking at £300 a year (or around £25 a month).

That's a lot of content for not a huge amount when compared to other pay tv packages and the accounts can cover multiple locations e.g my kids can watch Nov TV when at my parents all under 1 subscription.
Absolutely true mate, also from nowtvs twitter they're going to add more channels and boxsets i can confirm nat geo wild is on now tv now.
Old 04-05-2016, 18:06   #2670
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Still looking for a Now TV 6 month Entertainment pass like i got with a box for £20 on black Friday, any about or any impending offers people know about?

This Now TV black box is awesome value for money considering we can sideload Plex onto it and use it as a media streamer, shame it doesn't do Netflix too!