Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | UHD on Virgin Media

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

UHD on Virgin Media

Old 08-07-2018, 13:02   #871
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one
Re: UHD on Virgin Media

But once the match starts it is only the sound of the ball being kicked to worry about.

You can work in from one direction wih quick pause/unpause use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD Cinema View Post
Ok, i can see delaying the HD Dolby 5.1 feed from Tivo to AVR and then allow iPlayer UHD HLG picture to catch up.

It would be tricky to get in bang on, especially lip sync.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-07-2018, 07:30   #872
DVD Cinema
cf.addict

DVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about themDVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about themDVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about themDVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about them

The BBC website crashed for me when England beat Sweden. The BBC Sport app did too. My BBC iPlayer UHD was fine, but the normal iPlayer crashed for some at the same time.
DVD Cinema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 15:11   #873
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

I only heard of website viewers having issues - don't know anybody whose app died.
Old 09-07-2018, 17:38   #874
DVD Cinema
cf.addict

DVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about themDVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about themDVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about themDVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
I only heard of website viewers having issues - don't know anybody whose app died.
iPlayer too. Crashed towards the end of the match for some.
DVD Cinema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 11:38   #875
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

So BT Sport UHD is the first of our new UHD channels, and remarkably, it is a conventional rather than a streamed channel, which is very interesting.

I wonder if we will also get Sky Sports UHD this year, or whether we will have to wait for the end of the existing Sky contract with VM next year?

I cannot wait to see what other UHD channels arrive this year. Anyone got any ideas? I think it might be Insight.

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2018...ort-in-4k-uhd/
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 11:42   #876
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

BT Sport UHD only shows several live events so I'm not sure were you get it's a permanent channel.

Last edited by muppetman11; 11-07-2018 at 11:47.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 12:03   #877
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
So BT Sport UHD is the first of our new UHD channels, and remarkably, it is a conventional rather than a streamed channel, which is very interesting.

I wonder if we will also get Sky Sports UHD this year, or whether we will have to wait for the end of the existing Sky contract with VM next year?

I cannot wait to see what other UHD channels arrive this year. Anyone got any ideas? I think it might be Insight.

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2018...ort-in-4k-uhd/
This is again all about sports fan what about movies and entertainment. I don’t have any interest in sport so still no UHD for me and other non sports fans
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 12:12   #878
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Why is it remarkable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
BT Sport UHD only shows several live events so I'm not sure were you get it's a permanent channel.
It's a permanent channel. I don't know what it'll show when there isn't anything to show.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 12:16   #879
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Perhaps not the best choice of words by me , it's permanent in the sense that you can tune to it all the time however last time I heard it was just a brief loop played over and over when no live event is on not sure if that's still the case.
Old 11-07-2018, 12:28   #880
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Perhaps not the best choice of words by me , it's permanent in the sense that you can tune to it all the time however last time I heard it was just a brief loop played over and over when no live event is on not sure if that's still the case.
Yes, and that will change as more broadcasts are carried in full UHD glory!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 13:40   #881
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Quote:
Per VM press release...

BT Sport channels/ EPG numbers from 30 July 2018
  • 527 - BT Sport 1 HD
  • 528 - BT Sport 2 HD
  • 529 - BT Sport 3 HD
  • 530- BT Sport ESPN HD
  • 531 - BT Sport UHD
  • 532 - BT Sport 1
  • 533 - BT Sport 2
  • 534 - BT Sport 3
  • 548 - BT Sport ESPN
Old 11-07-2018, 14:19   #882
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

I did confirm what I meant in post #879
Old 11-07-2018, 14:20   #883
ozsat
cf.mega poster

They currently show about 3 hours of an old event each evening - but it is loops at any other time when nothing is showing live.

During the football season there was a lot more programming with repeats of matches etc.
Quote:

Last edited by ozsat; 11-07-2018 at 14:33.
Old 11-07-2018, 14:59   #884
oxfordmark
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media M+:TV,VM 30mb:BB 1tb and 500gb Tivo, HTC One X
oxfordmark is an unknown quantity at this point

Great news and it remains in the top two bundles!

Now for Sky Sports and Movies!
oxfordmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 15:12   #885
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
They currently show about 3 hours of an old event each evening - but it is loops at any other time when nothing is showing live.

During the football season there was a lot more programming with repeats of matches etc.
Thanks for confirming , has that always been the case as a friend with BT said it was always the same on a loop this was a while ago though to be fair.