Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 24-01-2018, 20:26   #4981
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

I bet he is using a 28" crt.
Old 26-01-2018, 20:01   #4982
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Maze Runner: The Death Cure 7/10

Firstly I am going to say that the trailer has got to go down as the biggest con of all time as far as trailers go. I cant think of a worse example of portraying the story line of the film to be one thing and it turns out to be something completely different.

I say that as a funny annoyance because the film is still good and better than the second imho. It doesn't do anything which you haven't seen before but the pace of the film is well maintained, great action scenes supported with great sound and visuals and the different settings/locations add to my realism factor and make the whole world more believable. I think it is quite impressive tbh because they have been different places in each film just like they did in the Hunger Games and it just adds depth to the story. They knew what they wanted to do in this film with the characters and where they wanted to go and I think they did it perfectly. I was worried it was going to be too rushed and cut short but it lasted as long as it needed to (2 hours) and you feel like every scene is key to the film.

It felt very Hunger Games-ish when you see where this film goes but I think it is a good ending to a good trilogy of films.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 21:10   #4983
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

12 Strong: 8/10

Excellent action movie and tbh a story and action sequences which you would think were written for a Hollywood blockbuster it is all true and happened. It is an amazing story and I strongly recommend everyone watch it. If you like stuff like Black Hawk Down then you'll love this.
Old 01-02-2018, 21:32   #4984
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Downsizing 7/10 - pretty funny and enjoyable

Get Out - 6/10 rather creepy and not bad
Old 01-02-2018, 22:07   #4985
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Myself, daughter and her b/f are going to see this next week, so hoping its ok.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 16:10   #4986
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Downsizing 7/10 - pretty funny and enjoyable

Get Out - 6/10 rather creepy and not bad
I loved Get Out. The way they built up the story was so good.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 21:04   #4987
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

The alternate ending sounded just as creepy and not happy in anyway.
Old 06-02-2018, 22:14   #4988
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
I last saw AT CLOSE RANGE (1986) on VHS

It was a good movie......... Must have been hard for SEAN to turn on his dad like that but seeing he tried to kill him,IM NOT SURPRISED HE DID!!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 22:54   #4989
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Cloverfield Paradox - 6/10

Weakest of the series. Should have left it as originally planned as a stand alone film, was originally planned in 2012 and called the God Partical.
Old 08-02-2018, 14:24   #4990
General Maximus
Ran Away

I haven't seen it yet but if you think that is bad you should try 10 Cloverfield Lane. It had absolutely nothing to do with the original at all apart from the ending which they added in last minute apparently and I still don't understand what it had to do with the first one.
Old 08-02-2018, 16:03   #4991
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

I really enjoyed the suspense of 10 Cloverfield Lane. However it to had nothing to do with the series when it was first planned either..

This film will makes something's clear when it comes to the rest of the films and also the next one to come out, which as I understand it has already been filmed.

None of the films take place during the same time, with Cloverfield in 2008 and 10CL in 2016, this ones is in 2028.
Old 08-02-2018, 19:09   #4992
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
None of the films take place during the same time, with Cloverfield in 2008 and 10CL in 2016, this ones is in 2028.
the trailer made it look like it was a prequel to explain the experiments (or what appears to be) and how it all started
Old 08-02-2018, 20:20   #4993
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

The title of this film should indicate what happens in a way.
Old 08-02-2018, 20:37   #4994
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post

Firstly I am going to say that the trailer has got to go down as the biggest con of all time as far as trailers go. I cant think of a worse example of portraying the story line of the film to be one thing and it turns out to be something completely different.

I say that as a funny annoyance because the film is still good and better than the second imho. It doesn't do anything which you haven't seen before but the pace of the film is well maintained, great action scenes supported with great sound and visuals and the different settings/locations add to my realism factor and make the whole world more believable. I think it is quite impressive tbh because they have been different places in each film just like they did in the Hunger Games and it just adds depth to the story. They knew what they wanted to do in this film with the characters and where they wanted to go and I think they did it perfectly. I was worried it was going to be too rushed and cut short but it lasted as long as it needed to (2 hours) and you feel like every scene is key to the film.

It felt very Hunger Games-ish when you see where this film goes but I think it is a good ending to a good trilogy of films.
Im writing a script called the Maize runner, its about a baker who is always late with his deliveries.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 21:37   #4995
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Cloverfield Paradox - 6/10

Weakest of the series. Should have left it as originally planned as a stand alone film, was originally planned in 2012 and called the God Partical.
Currently watching it, so no rating yet. So far, however, it seems like a messily written generic Sci Fi film that they had a script for and thought "oh ****, we've written this script and got no way to market it", then decided to tie it to Cloverfield and release it with little or no advance publicity.

Good cast, good special FX. Largely wasted by the store so far.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote