Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Old 03-03-2019, 13:13   #361
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
If it does it’s got 100% nothing to do with PID 216.
Exactly as my view is if Amazon was going to come it would have done it by now.
Old 03-03-2019, 13:29   #362
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Exactly as my view is if Amazon was going to come it would have done it by now.
Things do not remain unchanged forever. VM were indeed interested in bringing Prime to the platform, but Liberty Global put their foot down because Amazon is basically a retail business.

What has changed is that BT has stolen a march on VM by adding Prime to their platform, and you can assume that Sky will not be far behind.

If LG/VM want to be super-aggregators of content in the future, as they have said in the past, they will need to bite the bullet at some point.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 14:09   #363
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Things do not remain unchanged forever. VM were indeed interested in bringing Prime to the platform, but Liberty Global put their foot down because Amazon is basically a retail business.

What has changed is that BT has stolen a march on VM by adding Prime to their platform, and you can assume that Sky will not be far behind.

If LG/VM want to be super-aggregators of content in the future, as they have said in the past, they will need to bite the bullet at some point.
You can’t really “steal a march” when the vast majority of people likely to be interested in the content can get it anyway through apps on their TV, fire sticks etc.

There’s no need for Virgin, or even Sky for that matter, to act in a manner you describe and support third parties unless there’s something in it for them. A Prime TV App isn’t going to dictate my pay tv choices when my smart TV has it anyway.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 14:37   #364
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

I don’t see any indication of Amazon Prime coming.

The reason is the prime logo on the screen grab is from a current amazon advert which is on just about every channel at the moment.
ScottishSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 16:55   #365
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
You can’t really “steal a march” when the vast majority of people likely to be interested in the content can get it anyway through apps on their TV, fire sticks etc.

There’s no need for Virgin, or even Sky for that matter, to act in a manner you describe and support third parties unless there’s something in it for them. A Prime TV App isn’t going to dictate my pay tv choices when my smart TV has it anyway.
As I have said on many occasions, there are advantages to the consumer in having all the SVOD services accessible from one box. That way, you can use the V6 to search for any programme and have all your bookmarked programmes from each streaming service listed under 'My Shows'. No need for additional boxes, fire sticks and so on.

I, too, can access Prime from my Amazon Fire Stick, my Roku stick and my smart TV. If I could access it from my V6, it would make my life much easier. Hell, even my wife could access shows on Amazon, which she cannot do at the moment.

Not everyone wants to spend money on additional gadgets to enable them to watch their favourite programmes. The V6 should be all you need, and there should be an array of streaming services available. Surely you can see how handy that would be - except, of course, I almost forgot that you are averse to change.
Old 03-03-2019, 18:08   #366
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
As I have said on many occasions, there are advantages to the consumer in having all the SVOD services accessible from one box. That way, you can use the V6 to search for any programme and have all your bookmarked programmes from each streaming service listed under 'My Shows'. No need for additional boxes, fire sticks and so on.

I, too, can access Prime from my Amazon Fire Stick, my Roku stick and my smart TV. If I could access it from my V6, it would make my life much easier. Hell, even my wife could access shows on Amazon, which she cannot do at the moment.

Not everyone wants to spend money on additional gadgets to enable them to watch their favourite programmes. The V6 should be all you need, and there should be an array of streaming services available. Surely you can see how handy that would be - except, of course, I almost forgot that you are averse to change.
Sorry you didn’t answer my point so a more direct question is how does it benefit Virgin (or Sky) for that matter to essentially give over their platforms for no benefit to themselves?
Old 03-03-2019, 19:27   #367
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
The ten “new” channels are MPEG4 standard definition versions of:

Total Country
Now Music
Your TV
QVC
Sky News
Lifetime
Together Primetime
MTV Beats
Sky Sports Premier League
Real Lives
That top one has not launch on Virgin yet.

We have seen pics of NOW 90s on that web site link posted on here over the weekend.

We have ask over sources for more info on IF new channels are set to launch.

Also Virgin are new broadcast onscreen information that Lifetime +1 will close on Virgin on March 6th (Channel 225).
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 03-03-2019 at 19:32.
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 19:36   #368
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Sorry you didn’t answer my point so a more direct question is how does it benefit Virgin (or Sky) for that matter to essentially give over their platforms for no benefit to themselves?
I answered your first question. I thought I had answered your second point a few times before.

In future, there will be bundles of streaming services just as there are currently bundles of channels. Sign up for them all and you will get a discount, as you do with the bundled channels. Sky has already done this and offers Netflix and Sky Box Sets at a discounted price.
Old 03-03-2019, 20:05   #369
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
That top one has not launch on Virgin yet.

We have seen pics of NOW 90s on that web site link posted on here over the weekend.

We have ask over sources for more info on IF new channels are set to launch.

Also Virgin are new broadcast onscreen information that Lifetime +1 will close on Virgin on March 6th (Channel 225).
PID 225 appears to be total country, although I could be wrong.

---------- Post added at 20:05 ---------- Previous post was at 20:03 ----------

Quote:
I answered your first question. I thought I had answered your second point a few times before.

In future, there will be bundles of streaming services just as there are currently bundles of channels. Sign up for them all and you will get a discount, as you do with the bundled channels. Sky has already done this and offers Netflix and Sky Box Sets at a discounted price.
There’s no indication Sky will repeat that or that streamers (especially the big ones) want to sacrifice end to end control of their content. The main advantage to a streamer is supposedly cutting out the middle man and appealing to “cord cutters” according to the vast majority of digital marketing companies you cite as sources on the forum.

Anyway, there’s no point sidetracking the coming soon thread with speculation of things that don’t appear to be coming soon. There’s enough threads on this subject already.
Old 03-03-2019, 20:07   #370
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
If it does it’s got 100% nothing to do with PID 216.
We was on about NOW 90s being on Sid 1105 on (C034 DVBC TSid 11)
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 20:09   #371
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
We was on about NOW 90s being on Sid 1105 on (C034 DVBC TSid 11)
I was quoting denphone and talking about Amazon Prime in the post you have quoted.
Old 04-03-2019, 07:17   #372
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
PID 225 appears to be total country, although I could be wrong.

---------- Post added at 20:05 ---------- Previous post was at 20:03 ----------

There’s no indication Sky will repeat that or that streamers (especially the big ones) want to end to end control of their content.
The main advantage to a streamer is supposedly cutting out the middle man and appealing to “cord cutters” according to the vast majority of digital marketing companies you cite as sources on the forum.

Anyway, there’s no point sidetracking the coming soon thread with speculation of things that don’t appear to be coming soon. There’s enough threads on this subject already.
And there's no indication that they won't either.

This discussion resulted from a poster suggesting that Amazon appeared to be coming soon to VM. You were the one to sidetrack the discussion, not me. You moan when I don't answer your questions.
Old 04-03-2019, 19:09   #373
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

In some random news i emailed virgin media late at night after a bottle of wine. I got 20 quid off my bill and two additional V6 boxes for free equaling three altogether. I also got my speed boosted? Which was very nice... Its 7pm and i'm streaming video on two devices, with my surface pro on and my pc (i'm working) and i'm getting 347.72mps and a 21.16mbps upload.

Jolly.
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 07:41   #374
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
In some random news i emailed virgin media late at night after a bottle of wine. I got 20 quid off my bill and two additional V6 boxes for free equaling three altogether. I also got my speed boosted? Which was very nice... Its 7pm and i'm streaming video on two devices, with my surface pro on and my pc (i'm working) and i'm getting 347.72mps and a 21.16mbps upload.

Jolly.
Pretty good result for a drunk night in, eh Vince! Well done that man.
Old 05-03-2019, 10:15   #375
newapollo
cf.addict

newapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant future

Sorry for the mix up with Amazon prime, I hadn't realised that the screenshot shown on that site was part of an advert that is being screened.

There are now 2 "new" Channel 4 HD's showing, plus a further screenshot of the latest updates.
newapollo is offline   Reply With Quote