Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Do you find this music video offensive?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > General Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Do you find this music video offensive?

Old 14-06-2010, 11:10   #16
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: Do you find this music video offensive?

Maybe you are being too literal as I understood her viewpoint wasn't copied exactly but to be similar in using Catholic symbolism to shock.

Anyway it's hardly that important to get uptight about.
Old 14-06-2010, 11:34   #17
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I don't find it offensive at all, however she has tried to do what Madonna did and used the Catholic symbols and imagary to cause an uproar and get the video more publicity IMO.

Or just to be weird like she usually is.

Zing, Kymmy was correct in saying copied as she was referencing the use of Catholic symbolism and not that the video was copied.
Old 14-06-2010, 11:46   #18
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

I find the audio quite offensive to my ears. Its like a glorified Eurovision song.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2010, 12:01   #19
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Any more personal comments in this thread will be deleted and the poster infracted. Grow up people.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2010, 12:56   #20
zing_deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I don't find it offensive at all, however she has tried to do what Madonna did and used the Catholic symbols and imagary to cause an uproar and get the video more publicity IMO.

Or just to be weird like she usually is.

Zing, Kymmy was correct in saying copied as she was referencing the use of Catholic symbolism and not that the video was copied.
absolute rubbish

Why does the fact Madonna made a totally different video years using Religion mean that Gaga has "copied" it today? it does not simples
Old 14-06-2010, 13:06   #21
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Anyway back on topic
Old 14-06-2010, 23:40   #22
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

well me and my wife have just watched it (both GaGa fans)and came to the same conclusion ,not offensive ...unless you are Madonna
we both think it is a bit of a p...take of Madonna and Gagas' way of telling Madonna that her time is up and a new queen of pop is here and whatever Madonna did GaGa can do it better
would be interesting to see a reaction from Madonna

but very well done imo
Old 15-06-2010, 00:06   #23
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Services: V BB 350
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to iFrankie Send a message via Yahoo to iFrankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
well me and my wife have just watched it (both GaGa fans)and came to the same conclusion ,not offensive ...unless you are Madonna
we both think it is a bit of a p...take of Madonna and Gagas' way of telling Madonna that her time is up and a new queen of pop is here and whatever Madonna did GaGa can do it better
would be interesting to see a reaction from Madonna

but very well done imo
Who is Madonna? .

Its like a modern version of "Like A Prayer".
iFrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2010, 00:11   #24
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFrankie View Post
Who is Madonna? .

Its like a modern version of Like A Prayer.
actually i thought it was a number of madonna songs like a prayer ,virgin ,vogue all with a backround taken from Evita
Old 15-06-2010, 00:12   #25
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Services: V BB 350
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to iFrankie Send a message via Yahoo to iFrankie

Anyone else find the lyrics powerful?
iFrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2010, 00:14   #26
martyh

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFrankie View Post
Anyone else find the lyrics powerful?
I agree with your first comment it is very arty as with all of gagas' videos and yes very powerfull
Old 15-06-2010, 02:08   #27
Flyboy
Inactive

Flyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful one

Maybe I am just getting too old, but I found it to be...well....crap!
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2010, 07:06   #28
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

I'm still laughing at it.

Shame about the video but the song is great...
Old 15-06-2010, 15:44   #29
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Coming from an Irish/Polish (parents) catholic background perhaps I should find it offensive but I don't because it's ultimately just another crass, disposable pop song which I'd have otherwise completely ignored if it weren't for this thread.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2010, 17:11   #30
Hiroki
Inactive

Services: SkyHD, Freesat & Virgin Media TV/BB
Hiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Hiroki

I don't find it offensive at all but that's because Madonna has done it all before.

Lady Gaga looks like "True Blue" era Madonna in the video, the song sounds like "La Isla Bonita" and the video tries to ape "Like A Prayer".

It just looks like one of those montage type videos that labels put out first when a new song from a greatest hits album leaks and they have to cobble something together - It lacks any though and originality and it's quite cheap to take a pop at a religion to get attention and keep you in the papers.

The girl needs to find her own style and originality quick or she will just fade out.
Hiroki is offline   Reply With Quote