Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin TV Horizon 4 V6

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin TV Horizon 4 V6

Old 27-07-2020, 17:24   #16
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads
Re: Virgin TV Horizon 4 V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxfordmark View Post
SO is this a new box?
No. By the look of it, it's new software running on the V6

---------- Post added at 16:24 ---------- Previous post was at 16:22 ----------

Can't imagine them launching this in the UK until they've got their service desk back to full speed. I've not had it too bad with Virgin to be honest but have spent hours and hours on hold with EasyJet recently. India's lockdown is being felt all over the world
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-07-2020, 18:05   #17
fox35
cf.addict

Services: V6 x2, Bigger Bundle, Maxit TV & M350, Talk Wkends
fox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxfordmark View Post
SO is this a new box?
No. The current V6 box is split into 2 halves. The bottom half only contains the hard drive, so the new multi-room "360" box will just be the top half as a slave to the main master box, similar to Sky Q. The current V6 boxes will remain in use, but will be running the new software u.i. and epg. Here is the European version..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_0wKkLJGww
fox35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2020, 18:10   #18
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

That Virgin Ireland system seems like Sky Q ie master box (recordable) with mini slave boxes with no HDD unlike the current setup.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2020, 13:05   #19
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
That Virgin Ireland system seems like Sky Q ie master box (recordable) with mini slave boxes with no HDD unlike the current setup.
I don't mind Virgin doing that, as long as we still have the option to record and have second V6s. The mini boxes would be of no use to me - I need the recording space.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2020, 13:21   #20
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I don't mind Virgin doing that, as long as we still have the option to record and have second V6s. The mini boxes would be of no use to me - I need the recording space.
VM could easily do the same and have a 2TB main box.
Old 28-07-2020, 13:34   #21
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Are there not too many assumptions here about what Virgin Media in the U.K. might do?
Other Liberty Global countries in Europe have not implemented this approach when moving to Horizon 4. They have implemented cloud storage, no hard disk, no mini boxes.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2020, 14:26   #22
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Are there not too many assumptions here about what Virgin Media in the U.K. might do?
Other Liberty Global countries in Europe have not implemented this approach when moving to Horizon 4. They have implemented cloud storage, no hard disk, no mini boxes.
Which requires rights agreements of which many havent been forthcoming in this area if the reports are to be believed.
Old 28-07-2020, 14:55   #23
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
VM Ireland isn't part of the O2 deal as I recall, so I'm skeptical about anything they do coming here.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2020, 15:33   #24
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads
Wink Re: Virgin TV Horizon 4 V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
VM Ireland isn't part of the O2 deal as I recall, so I'm skeptical about anything they do coming here.
That's true, but Horizon will be running on VM's V6 hardware in the UK - the company's already confirmed that. Quite happy though for someone else to experience it warts-and-all before we get it in the UK
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2020, 16:18   #25
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

If this is the forthcoming UI I was secretly hoping for a more radical facelift but it does seem to be reasonably fast and responsive if the YouTube clip is anything to go by. I am assuming it's running on the current V6 box.
heavyside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2020, 16:45   #26
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Another reason many are concerned about everything being in the Cloud.
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/v...-a4510141.html
Old 13-08-2020, 18:42   #27
Firmsky
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate ooomph
Firmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant future

Received an email to be updated to this box today for free or charge.

I click the link I get this...

Oops! Something went wrong.

Sorry, we’re unable to change your package online.

Tried the call centre who didn’t have a clue and told me it was still being tested so I couldn’t have received the email.

How do I take up this offer?
Firmsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2020, 19:15   #28
MichaelScofield
cf.member

MichaelScofield is on a distinguished roadMichaelScofield is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firmsky View Post

Tried the call centre who didn’t have a clue and told me it was still being tested so I couldn’t have received the email.

Do you have a screenshot of this email?
MichaelScofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2020, 19:16   #29
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firmsky View Post

If it's the same email we received, then its a mini box but I don't know if it's legit yet as there is no information on a mini box.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2020, 19:19   #30
Firmsky
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate ooomph
Firmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant future

We think it’s only right that our customers get their hands on our amazing new TV experience first. Get it at no extra cost today and discover how we bring together all your screens, favourite channels and apps, so you can seamlessly watch and stream the telly you love, at home and on the go. Yep, it’s our best TV experience yet, on the house.
Great power and streamability
Our fastest-ever TV experience, now with new features like super powerful voice search, personal profiles and more.
Entertainment, brought together
The UK’s most popular channels, Catch Up services, movies, TV Box Sets and built-in apps, all in one place. So you won’t need to hop around.
TV that moves with you
Watch in more rooms with a 4K-ready Mini box. Or stream, control and manage your recordings with our free, supercharged, Virgin TV Go app.
Ready to go? We’re making our new TV service available to you early, and you have until 2nd September 2020 to get involved. There’s limited availability, but don’t worry it will be available again soon.
Once you’ve applied, it can take up to 7 working days to receive your confirmation.
Firmsky is offline   Reply With Quote