Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What are you reading?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

What are you reading?

Old 27-09-2010, 20:28   #751
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Re: What are you reading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Larry Niven (The Mote in God's Eye, Ringworld Series, Lucifer's Hammer (end of the world type story)).
wow The Mote in God's Eye. Haven't read that in years. Think I was probably about 11 when I last read that...
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-09-2010, 20:36   #752
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Did you read the sequel The Mote Around Murcheson's Eye?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2010, 20:37   #753
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Did you read the sequel The Mote Around Murcheson's Eye?
No I didn't. I shall check that out at some point (I had to go and look to make sure it was a real book, and not some subtle joke that I was missing )
Old 27-09-2010, 20:43   #754
gazfan

Services: Virgin XL

Quote:
Larry Niven (The Mote in God's Eye, Ringworld Series, Lucifer's Hammer (end of the world type story))..
Regarding Larry Niven I would also recommend 'Legacy of Heorot' & the sequel 'Beowulf's Children'
Old 27-09-2010, 20:45   #755
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey View Post
No I didn't. I shall check that out at some point (I had to go and look to make sure it was a real book, and not some subtle joke that I was missing )
Lucky I didn't use the US title of the book - The Gripping Hand.....
Old 31-10-2010, 08:03   #756
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

I Shall Wear Midnight ,...Terry Pratchet , just got this today for my birthday ,it's part of the TiffanyAching/nacmac feebles series .Looking forward to reading this
Old 31-10-2010, 08:46   #757
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Rereading HP7 over the weekend as the HP7 part #1 film's due out soon
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2010, 08:53   #758
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Finished 'The girl...' books (millienium trilogy) - and am now working through 'The Last Symbol'
Old 31-10-2010, 14:01   #759
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

David Weber - Out Of The Dark
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2010, 18:09   #760
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Bad Science - Ben Goldacre

Excellent critique/exposé. All the perpetrators get a good kicking...
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 04:54   #761
Caff
I'm a geek???

Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze
Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze

Crikey - you lot get through books at a knot of rates

I'm still... on the last one
I... savour evey word and thought and have a bit of a wallow - I think
Old 04-12-2010, 13:13   #762
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

The Gone Away World - Nick Harkaway
The Passage - Justin Cronin
The Evolutionary Void - Peter F Hamilton
Old 04-12-2010, 15:22   #763
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Mortal Engines Quartet aka Hungry City Chronicles by Philip Reeve.

From Wikimedia:
"The Quartet is set in the distant future, in an age known as the Traction Era. Earth has been reduced to wasteland by a devastating conflict, known as the Sixty Minute War. Nations no longer exist, except in the lands of the Anti-Traction League; Traction Cities - entire cities mounted on caterpillar tracks for mobility - are fiercely independent city-states, using giant jaws to devour one another for resources. Trade is mostly accomplished by airship, though sometimes cities of roughly equal size (unable to devour each other) will stop to trade. Old-Tech (technology from before the Traction Era, some of which is from the 21st century) is the most sought-after commodity.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 22:17   #764
wwe
cf.mega poster

Services: Telewest Phone Telewest BroadBand Telewest Digital Tv v+ HD
wwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpack

the football scores
wwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 22:29   #765
gazfan

Services: Virgin XL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobbydaler View Post
Bad Science - Ben Goldacre

Excellent critique/exposé. All the perpetrators get a good kicking...
Thanks Cobby, just ordered it for my Kindle