Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Aston Villa

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Aston Villa

Old 29-01-2004, 18:20   #31
Atomic22
Inactive

Services: Very High Monthly Bills!
Atomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to Atomic22 Send a message via AIM to Atomic22 Send a message via MSN to Atomic22 Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic22
Re: Aston Villa

most teams have a decent youth policy nowadays.....
ours is no better than anyone elses.....we just happened to have a great couple of years when we had the best youth team in england.....as for recently we havent produced anywhere near the number of youngsters who will hit the big time...wes brown will never be a great player because he cannot string more than 3 games together without spending 3 months on the treatment table......he is another "sicknote" like anderton was for spurs and gerrard is for liverpool
Atomic22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-01-2004, 11:06   #32
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

We've actually bought someone!!!! Can somebody tell me exactly what position Solano plays in, as I really can't remember

Hopefully, he's a central midfielder seeing as McCann has now got to sit through a 5 match ban
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 11:40   #33
Nugget
Inactive

Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

5 - 0!!!

This proves my theory that, while we almost never win away from home, when we do we get an entire seasons worth of goals to go with it.

I thought Leicester were very unlucky though - it's fair to say that Ian Walker was totally unsettled by the idiot (sorry, I mean fan) coming onto the pitch - hopefully, no action will be taken against him (Walker that is).

Other than that, another good day for the Villa (see, I said we could concentrate on the league now!
Old 03-02-2004, 18:46   #34
Atomic22
Inactive

Services: Very High Monthly Bills!
Atomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to Atomic22 Send a message via AIM to Atomic22 Send a message via MSN to Atomic22 Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic22

good result for villa......solano was a good player in toonland and i was very surprised to see him leave there.....apparently it was him that asked for a transfer as well.
Atomic22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 11:03   #35
Nugget
Inactive

Apparently Solano asked to leave the Toon because he wasn't guaranteed first team football. Then again, can we, seeing as our midfield has been fairly consistent all season. At least it gives us a bit of strength in depth, which we've definitely been missing (especially with McCanns 5 match ban).

but well done to 'Boro last night - I've got a dilemma now for the Carling Cup Final. Do I support the team who beat Villa, or want them to lose?