Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Aston Villa

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Aston Villa

Old 15-01-2004, 18:18   #16
Atomic22
Inactive

Services: Very High Monthly Bills!
Atomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to Atomic22 Send a message via AIM to Atomic22 Send a message via MSN to Atomic22 Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic22
Re: Aston Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget
Sorry to ALL of the Man U fans (I'm only jealous - Man U regularly play us off the park. Do you think that you could just let Villa win once)
ok seeing as you asked so nicely.....
seriously though villa are improving and moving up the league.....so much so that i even have sorenson as my dream team goalie
they are not a team that should be struggling down the bottom of the league , i just hope o`lordy doesnt wreck the club by overspending like he did at leeds.....any long term thoughts on him villa boyz?
Atomic22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-01-2004, 10:01   #17
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic22
i just hope o`lordy doesnt wreck the club by overspending like he did at leeds.....any long term thoughts on him villa boyz?
When the rumours started that O'Leary was going to be the new manager, I wasn't happy simply because, while he did well at Leeds, he had a lot of money to play with (and look what's happening there now ).
To be honest though, he does seem to be turning things around (and I agree that Sorenson has been one of our better buys in recent years ).
If O'Leary can get the team 'bonding', that should help get us established in the top half of the table again - he's been shown to be a good motivator (unless you're Harry Kewell), so I think he'll do fine.
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2004, 18:17   #18
Atomic22
Inactive

Atomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to Atomic22 Send a message via AIM to Atomic22 Send a message via MSN to Atomic22 Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic22

he may be a better long term manager if he isnt given any silly amounts of money to play with.
looking at the villa team i dont think it needs millions spending on it.....just a few replacements and increasing the size of the squad....
villa i believe have also put in a bid to be one of the football grounds for the british olympic bid
Old 17-01-2004, 18:21   #19
Atomic22
Inactive

well after todays crappy performance and loss to wolves i shall be a villa supporter for sundays game against the gooners........
come on da viller
Old 18-01-2004, 19:41   #20
Atomic22
Inactive

dang i gave villa the kiss of death by supporting them
Old 19-01-2004, 08:42   #21
Nugget
Inactive

Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

Unbelievable

I know I'm a little bit biased , but weren't they two of the stupidest goals ever? I know that the option to take a free kick quickly is there, but when the ref then makes Villa play to the whistle (and doesn't book the Arsenal players for standing right in front of the ball ), and gives Kanu a penalty for running into Mellberg, it does raise some questions .

And to think that I paid 6 quid to watch it on Sky
Old 19-01-2004, 17:00   #22
Atomic22
Inactive

yup if i were a villa fan i would feel well ripped off by the ref........and they all reckon refs are man utd fans.......this one was a definate gooner
Old 19-01-2004, 17:05   #23
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

When leeds did it against Arsenal David O'leary said it was a perfectly good goal and Arsene said it was ridiculous.
gazzae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2004, 10:44   #24
Nugget
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzae
When leeds did it against Arsenal David O'leary said it was a perfectly good goal and Arsene said it was ridiculous.
It's not the fact that it was a good / bad goal - it's the fact that the ref was so inconsistent (and then gave the dodgiest penalty ever ). Btw, I think you're right Atomic, Mark Halsey must be a gooner!
Old 23-01-2004, 09:47   #25
Nugget
Inactive

5 - 2?

Bugger
Old 23-01-2004, 19:11   #26
Atomic22
Inactive

oh dear it seems i did put the kiss of death on villa by rooting for them last sunday......
Old 28-01-2004, 09:01   #27
Nugget
Inactive

2-0 . Well, I think that goes down as an honorable defeat - apologies to Bolton fans (let's face it - I've already annoyed all of the Man U fans), but I think the Villa played Bolton off the park last night, but just couldn't get the 3rd goal .

Oh well, best of luck to Bolton in the final, and now Villa can concentrate on the league
Old 28-01-2004, 09:07   #28
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star

It was always gonna be tough coming back from 5-2 down in the first leg.

Still as you say, time to concentrate on the premiership.
Old 28-01-2004, 18:31   #29
Atomic22
Inactive

yes concentrate on the league now...........may i still remind you that i have the excellent sorenson as my dream team goalie in our league at work and i need clean sheets......also with the euro championships coming soon some of the other players need to start shining in the run in to summer. ie vassel etc
Old 28-01-2004, 21:07   #30
blackthorn
cf.geek

blackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation era

As a matter of interest, United are not the buying club that a lot of people think they are. OK when they do buy, they buy big. Look who they havent bought but come through the ranks. G Neville, P Neville, P Scholes, Ryan giggs, David Beckham, Wes Brown to name a few. A lot of the players last sunday are young kids that will emerge in the first team one day. Except for gerrard and owen, most of liverpools team has been bought. At least we have a youth policy at OT.
blackthorn is offline   Reply With Quote