Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Contract renewal

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Billing Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Contract renewal

Old 03-04-2024, 13:38   #16
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one
Re: Contract renewal

I think the strategy going forward is far better offers / discounts for 360 over TiVo to help migrate people over .
Old 03-04-2024, 14:40   #17
Dingbat
cf.member

Dingbat has disabled reputation

Had a call about contract renewal just before Easter. Interestingly, after the agent went offline to do his calculations, he came back with an offer that is £13/mth less than I’ve been paying - for the exact same package.
Dingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2024, 17:24   #18
kered10
cf.member

Services: Virgin Media Big Kahuna with TiVo
kered10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a wee follow-up question for those in the know.
My new contract email confirmation at £76 is dated 3rd April. When I log in to my VM account and click on view contract it still displays the previous £66 contract dated November 2022.
Can anybody reassure me that this is just for the 14 day cooling off period and then it will update, or is this an indication that the whole thing has failed to be implemented?
kered10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2024, 17:49   #19
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kered10 View Post
Well, that has been a bit of a trial!
I had my fourth phone call to them today, the second time I've tried selecting the cancellation option. Explained my package and the email promise of same package, clicking through to find quite different. He went away and eventually returned to offer £176 discounted to £144 (£66 since 17 months ago!)
I said that wasn't any help and he put me through to "tier 2," a helpful chap in England instead of India. I was slightly wary of his knowledge when he said TV360 was fine, just a new remote (when I believe I'd lose current recordings) but eventually I've accepted my existing package for £76, £10 increase, but after 50 minutes, I was worn down.
In my opinion that's exactly why they do it, there can be no other explanation for the way that they treat their customers.

---------- Post added at 17:49 ---------- Previous post was at 17:44 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kered10 View Post
Just a wee follow-up question for those in the know.
My new contract email confirmation at £76 is dated 3rd April. When I log in to my VM account and click on view contract it still displays the previous £66 contract dated November 2022.
Can anybody reassure me that this is just for the 14 day cooling off period and then it will update, or is this an indication that the whole thing has failed to be implemented?
Be careful everyone. I had a call from that offshore call centre, they inflated what my prise rise would be, again claimed that if I took the offer I would escape the price rise in April, that I would have double the broadband speed (that I don't need) and have Sky Cinema added as Mega TV includes this I mentioned TNT as they didn't and was told that I could continue to have it at no extra cost.

I don't trust them as they have told me so many lies just to get what they want and xhecked with my contact at the office of the CEO.

He called me back this morning and confirmed that, apart from the doubling of broadband, that it was all a load of rubbish.

Also very manipulative as she started the call with "We are going to upgrade you to Mega TV", to which I replied that she wouldn't be doing anything without my permission. When I asked how the same channels less TNT could in any way be described as an upgrade, she said I'd be getting extra channels. When asked which ones she began reeling off channels that I get anyway. I asked her to stop and provide details of which new channels I would get and this is when she lied and said that Mega TV includes Sky Cinema.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2024, 19:50   #20
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

I will be leaving VM, its been quite a chaotic last month for me.

I did a CityFibre order back in February, but to keep a long story short it was looking odds on to not get a installation due to my property being a MDU.

I had a look at the terms Virgin Media wanted me to renew at, I am a solus customer for the most part, have no history of paying for PPV or other extras, so I suspect from their perspective they know the only potential for extra revenue from me is upsell or to jack up my price for internet.

The my deals section on the my virgin media page has no offers me, and never has done whenever I checked. They did however send me some email retention offers, most of the time the links didnt even work, but one was working at the start of this month.

So some numbers.

My deal I have had for 18 months and happy with is £29 month to VM, and (originally) £12 a month to O2, so basically a 500M broadband boosted to gig1 with volt, they also bundled in a stream box which I never even plugged in (their telemetry might show this), and a weekend calls package which I have never used.

A annual price increase would have bumped this package to £36 (their website shows this). However by coincidence my 18 month deals ends on the April billing month of this year. So I wont have a £36 bill.
The May bill if I dont recontract will be a whopping £87. £87 for 500m, and weekend calls basically. O2 if I were to keep it will be £16 a month from May.
Now this email retention offer, I clicked it and I had an upsell offer, £55 a month with some wifi kit thrown in. I clicked not interested, and it changed to a as you are offer of £45. I clicked not interested again and it changed to a final offer of £41. This aggravated me, should show me £41 first time, its like you trying to squeeze me as if I am a lemon. That didnt help my mindset and I didnt click sign me up for the renewal.
With the £16 to O2 from May onwards this would have taken net cost from £41 to £57 a month.

I mistakenly assumed surely if I rang retentions the worst case is the £41 deal, I thought logically since ringing up is higher effort, then the email offer is like a early negotiation and the agents would do better, even if they didnt I could just activate the email deal afterwards. Wrong!!

I rang retentions and explained I was considering leaving with the primary reason being the new proposed cost for renewal. I also explained CF is available in my area.

Initial offer was an upsell, in reality this was the only offer. There seemed to be no flexibility. The offer was 100 TV channels (likely freesat equivalent), with gig1, and call weekends for £55.
I said remove the fluff, not interested in TV, this changed to £70 something pounds for gig1 alone, nothing else. Thats right, the price increased for removing things from the package.

I told him as polite as I reasonably could, are you even trying to keep me as a customer. I reminded him I could order cityfibre and I am aware people are getting retention deals for gig1 at £35. He changed tact, he told me I have troublesome install fees to deal with and VM's quality makes the much higher price good value, paying for a TV service I have no interest in is amazing value, and I am unreasonable expecting a price that others get and my previous price is only for new customers.

I then wanted to clarify something with him, were his offers volt deals, or were they just flat straight up gig1. At first he didnt reply, confused. I asked him a second time, and he said keeping the O2 sim was a requirement. So in effect he tried to sell me 500M broadband for over £70 month, which is higher than the list price of the tariff on VM's website. (as is also the case for my automatic out of contract price increase).

At this point I rage cancelled which still took over 20 minutes, he kept insisting O2 needs to be cancelled, but I explained I want to keep my number so that will be handled by myself with PAC system. Eventually he did the cancellation.

I checked the email link after call, was a "page doesnt exist" so invalidated.

I will likely be filling in Ofcom's VM retention/cancellation complaints form as this process, inconsistent pricing etc. is ridiculous.

As of today I still dont have any attempt to keep me, no outbound retentions call, cut off date is 2nd week of May.

Now as it turns out, CityFibre was not a empty threat, they changed their stance on the MDU classification and I ended up getting connected really quickly, typing this out on a FTTP connection.

So yeah, its a shame, as the VM service was decent, I just couldnt take the shenanigans they do on renewal, and their tripling of price if not locking in to new contract.

Also forgot to mention, is the offshore retentions call centre.

Last edited by Chrysalis; 23-04-2024 at 20:23.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2024, 18:50   #21
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
In my opinion that's exactly why they do it, there can be no other explanation for the way that they treat their customers.

---------- Post added at 17:49 ---------- Previous post was at 17:44 ----------

Be careful everyone. I had a call from that offshore call centre, they inflated what my prise rise would be, again claimed that if I took the offer I would escape the price rise in April, that I would have double the broadband speed (that I don't need) and have Sky Cinema added as Mega TV includes this I mentioned TNT as they didn't and was told that I could continue to have it at no extra cost.

I don't trust them as they have told me so many lies just to get what they want and xhecked with my contact at the office of the CEO.

He called me back this morning and confirmed that, apart from the doubling of broadband, that it was all a load of rubbish.

Also very manipulative as she started the call with "We are going to upgrade you to Mega TV", to which I replied that she wouldn't be doing anything without my permission. When I asked how the same channels less TNT could in any way be described as an upgrade, she said I'd be getting extra channels. When asked which ones she began reeling off channels that I get anyway. I asked her to stop and provide details of which new channels I would get and this is when she lied and said that Mega TV includes Sky Cinema.
Am I the only one that gets a e mail to " sign" for a new contract.
Old 24-04-2024, 19:24   #22
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
I've never had to sign a contract on paper or online, apart from on paper when I first got Virgin. A contract is agreed and (sometimes) an email is received to confirm this, though this is often wrong and I have to call them back.

I'd actually prefer sign a new contract after checking that it's correct as it would save a lot of subsequent messing about.

Maybe it depends on which franchise are you are in??
Old 24-04-2024, 19:41   #23
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
I've had them in the past but it's all a bit random, didn't get one last year. It's always after I've verbally agreed something anyway so i'm not really sure what the point of it is, I doubt anything would change if you didn't sign it.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2024, 21:01   #24
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
I've had them in the past but it's all a bit random, didn't get one last year. It's always after I've verbally agreed something anyway so i'm not really sure what the point of it is, I doubt anything would change if you didn't sign it.
Agreed but every time I renewed one came. Am out of contact every time, was with ntl
Old 24-04-2024, 21:39   #25
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
Yes, I think we'd find that a recording of the conversation containing the verbal contract would be available on such occasions 😉
Old 24-04-2024, 22:47   #26
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Yes, I think we'd find that a recording of the conversation containing the verbal contract would be available on such occasions 😉
Very cynical Richard, I'm sure VM, being such an upstanding organisation, wouldn't just keep evidence that suits them.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote