Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV360

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TV360

Old 17-04-2023, 21:07   #16
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one
Re: TV360

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaker17 View Post

All readers - the voice command feature is absolutely fabulous ! It actions any command given, even go forward or backward.
Absolutely. Skip four minutes on ITV and skip five minutes on sky channels are the most common phrases in our house lol
Old 17-04-2023, 21:27   #17
beaker17
If it moves, shoot it

Services: Virgin Media Tivo Kahuna Big Bundle, phone and Broadband.
beaker17 is a jewel in the roughbeaker17 is a jewel in the roughbeaker17 is a jewel in the roughbeaker17 is a jewel in the roughbeaker17 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post
Absolutely. Skip four minutes on ITV and skip five minutes on sky channels are the most common phrases in our house lol
�� ROFL - the terribly long adverts. Same here. 4 minutes every 15 minutes !!

Last edited by beaker17; 17-04-2023 at 21:35.
beaker17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2023, 00:58   #18
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

When the ability to record is finally discontinued, they will have even more control over what we can watch than ever

I can even see a time where it won't be possible to skip the adverts to appease the advertisets, this is already the case with some streaming services. Must hunt out my old VCR
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2023, 12:03   #19
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
When the ability to record is finally discontinued, they will have even more control over what we can watch than ever

I can even see a time where it won't be possible to skip the adverts to appease the advertisets, this is already the case with some streaming services. Must hunt out my old VCR
Never watch anything live even if start 30 minutes from start , skip a lot of gibbish that way
Old 18-04-2023, 14:23   #20
beaker17
If it moves, shoot it

beaker17 is a jewel in the roughbeaker17 is a jewel in the roughbeaker17 is a jewel in the roughbeaker17 is a jewel in the roughbeaker17 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Disbanding the facility to record is a technology reversal of over 70 years, my compliments to the brainless morons who utter such tripe.
Old 18-04-2023, 16:20   #21
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

There will still be options to save shows and watch them back later, it'll just not be done as a copy of a linear broadcast stream.
Old 18-04-2023, 16:43   #22
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
There will still be options to save shows and watch them back later, it'll just not be done as a copy of a linear broadcast stream.
Guess that reads, suck with adverts and long car drives ( also known as filler) netflix is looking better all the time.
Old 18-04-2023, 19:21   #23
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Never watch anything live even if start 30 minutes from start , skip a lot of gibbish that way
Same here.

---------- Post added at 19:21 ---------- Previous post was at 19:18 ----------

Quote:
The drawbacks to this are that not everything gets put onto VOD, some don't have subtitles, there is a limited window in which to watch things (could be wrong, but I don't think that we even get a warning when a bookmarked programme is about to expire) and you can't use QuickView to save time.
Old 18-04-2023, 20:06   #24
beaker17
If it moves, shoot it

Quote:
Same here.

---------- Post added at 19:21 ---------- Previous post was at 19:18 ----------

The drawbacks to this are that not everything gets put onto VOD, some don't have subtitles, there is a limited window in which to watch things (could be wrong, but I don't think that we even get a warning when a bookmarked programme is about to expire) and you can't use QuickView to save time.
To eliminate recordings is to deprive the user of an integrated technological feature that is vitally essential to modern day viewing - back to the Stone Age.
My hope is that the misguided advocates of this crazy idea soon become extinct.
Old 19-04-2023, 01:24   #25
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaker17 View Post
To eliminate recordings is to deprive the user of an integrated technological feature that is vitally essential to modern day viewing - back to the Stone Age.
My hope is that the misguided advocates of this crazy idea soon become extinct.
Well, it's the way Virgin seems to be heading.

When the V6 is eventually retired in favour of the 360 I will be cancelling the TV side, even if I am unable to dump their broadband offering.

Most PVR's seem to fail due to the HDD used for recording.. Maybe it's being done to make the boxes last longer??
Old 19-04-2023, 07:44   #26
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Well, it's the way Virgin seems to be heading.

When the V6 is eventually retired in favour of the 360 I will be cancelling the TV side, even if I am unable to dump their broadband offering.

Most PVR's seem to fail due to the HDD used for recording.. Maybe it's being done to make the boxes last longer??
Think you hit the nail on the head with advertising. Easier to inflict with streamed programmes. Also BB isn't infallible as VM have proved over the last few weeks, so no streaming then. Recorded programmes are more reliable and give more control to the viewer Streamed stuff, to me, the PQ a lot of the time isn't as good.

Upgrade for VMs profits to knock these cheaper boxes out too, not for the customer. A flashy epg and a remote you can talk to are just gimmicks, plus the latter might get you locked up !
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2023, 09:11   #27
beaker17
If it moves, shoot it

If Virgin are hell bent on committing market suicide by deleting recording, how about this -

Keep Virgin broadband and phone, dump Virgin TV and just have aerial Freeview.
If a broadband and phone package is not possible with Virgin, go to another provider like BT
and get recordings back with their TV package or stay Freeview.

Last edited by beaker17; 19-04-2023 at 09:25.
beaker17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2023, 10:11   #28
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

No-one has said that you won't be able to save shows on Virgin TV in the future. You're making assumptions about plans that don't exist.
Old 19-04-2023, 10:52   #29
beaker17
If it moves, shoot it

Quote:
No-one has said that you won't be able to save shows on Virgin TV in the future. You're making assumptions about plans that don't exist.
I was going on the comments made on this thread.
Old 19-04-2023, 11:42   #30
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
Could you expand looks as if you can pick out a show and stream it. Like others that would be the killer for me.