Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Assassin's Creed?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion

Assassin's Creed?

Old 17-01-2019, 21:26   #1
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute
Assassin's Creed?

I'm a bit of a graphics whore, so I like the pretty stuff, and I'm female, so I guess that's allowed. Which AC game would you recommend to play? I haven't played any but I fancy playing one, there's slim pickings for me, I have a limited like for games, only really like action/adventure type stuff. Oh, and RPG, 'specially The Witcher 3 and (nowadays) Tomb Raider.

Thanks x
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-02-2019, 11:51   #2
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Assassin's Creed?

Just picked up Assassin's Creed:Syndicate again. You play twins, Jacob and Evie Frye, and it's set in Victorian London. I don't think the map is entirely accurate, but it's close enough that it felt as though I was in the real London, and I suspect the lack of accuracy is for practical and gameplay reasons. It would have taken them years to build an accurate model of London, and would have required a lot of texture and other graphics data.

Also, in terms of gameplay, in real life, it can take up to an hour to get from one side of London to another, and the average game-player isn't going to want to play a game where they just ride a carriage for an hour. Syndicate's London is small enough that it only ever takes a few minutes to get from one area to another. There are other inaccuracies though, although nothing that detracts from the game too much.

Syndicate does look surprisingly good considering it came out in 2016, and has a decent story, with good voice acting and likeable (if a bit smarmy at times) main characters. I'm quite enjoying it.

Also, I can recommend Assassins Creed:origins. This is set mostly in Ancient Egypt, where you play a character who is essentially there to protect the community. In Modern-day egypt, you play a researcher researching your character in Ancient egypt. This game looks stunning, and is apparently historically very accurate. I did find the main character wasn't as interesting as Jacob and Evie Frye from Syndicate though.

Digital Spy have a run down of the best Assassin's Creed games.. https://www.digitalspy.com/tech/a673...ed-worst-best/

Last edited by Stuart; 12-02-2019 at 14:58.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2019, 23:38   #3
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

What are you playing on as my wife has a ps4 and is loving ac odyssey and origins but now has got red dead redemption 2 and is loving this even more
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2019, 23:36   #4
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I heard that unity who make AC are give data scans the make of Notre Dame the have when making one of the AC games
Old 18-04-2019, 07:34   #5
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

Also ubisoft are giving unity away for free until the 25th

https://register.ubisoft.com/acu-not...giveaway/en-GB

This is only for the pc version
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2019, 07:44   #6
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

All the Assassin's Creed games lóok fairly good, even those on previous sys8. There is a remastered version of 3 out or coming very shortly, but not sure why they aren't starting with the original.