Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 23-03-2018, 19:35   #5041
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

A Wrinkle in Time: 6/10

The important thing to note about this film is that it is absolutely and definitely 100% a children's fantasy film geared at 8-11 year olds and I didn't pick up on this from the trailer. It is a good film with a strong message however the story and plotline are kept simple due to the target audience. You definitely don't need to worry about watching it at the cinema.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
I find J Law massively overrated personally.
I think she is a superb actress. I obviously loved her in The Hunger Games but I have watched all of her other Oscar nominated films and she was excellent in them from a performance point of view and you can definitely understand why she is nominated. Imho she is one of the few truly great actresses where you see the character and not the actor when you watch a film because she becomes the person she is playing.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-03-2018, 00:09   #5042
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Ready Player One: 8.5/10

Really really good, an excellent films for story, acting and special effects and an absolute nostalgia fest. I think you have got to be the right age to appreciate it but if you are it is absolute magic. It is so cleverly and gracefully done I think they should get a creative award for it. I won't spoil it by giving you examples but I loved it and will be going to see it another three or four times. Despite where we are with technology, VR and smart everything these days, you need to remember that everything started with good intentions and a bit of creativity.
Old 29-03-2018, 17:26   #5043
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen
Wait, what?

You watched a bootleg copy of a film from 19 years ago on bus and think it's the best version you be seen??

Are you on the wind up ?
Do ya think it is INDEED a bootleg Steve??

On the tape box it says "IN THEATERS SEPTEMBER 17th" -- Could it be a legit preview???
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2018, 22:19   #5044
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Do ya think it is INDEED a bootleg Steve??

On the tape box it says "IN THEATERS SEPTEMBER 17th" -- Could it be a legit preview???
Probably not, as you previously stated
Quote:
Its a little dark but thats cause of how they had the camera pointed towards the screen
It's highly unlikely that a "legit preview" would have to resort to filming it in a cinema.

Just as a matter of interest, what sort of TV do you watch this on?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2018, 00:15   #5045
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
I have a CRT Hugh

This copy of the movie is the best I have ever seen.... The official VHS tape is "Digitally mastered" and compressed and it looks horrible.. (thin crap,etc)

Its sad how they started destroying movies in the 80s!

Last edited by Dude111; 30-03-2018 at 00:27.
Old 30-03-2018, 01:05   #5046
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

What size screen?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2018, 12:20   #5047
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
What size screen?
I think we're just feeding his amusement.
Old 30-03-2018, 13:37   #5048
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I have a CRT Hugh

This copy of the movie is the best I have ever seen.... The official VHS tape is "Digitally mastered" and compressed and it looks horrible.. (thin crap,etc)

Its sad how they started destroying movies in the 80s!
I think you would find a dvd or Blu Ray copy on a nice big screen far better quality for many many reasons.

How is a remastered film destroying it? I am partially sight and can still see that a HD or 4K movie looks far superior to a Pirated movie on VHS.
Old 30-03-2018, 13:46   #5049
General Maximus
Ran Away

definitely, over the last year I have watched remastered Star Trek TNG and X-Files on bluray and they look amazing. All they are doing is brining things up to the crisp quality that you would expect to see on tv today. If I watched the original versions they would just look too blurry.
Old 30-03-2018, 19:00   #5050
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen
I am partially sight and can still see that a HD or 4K movie looks far superior to a Pirated movie on VHS.
Im so sorry Stevie,I didnt know you couldnt see well......... Makes me sad

Hugh I have 2 CRTs in my room.. 1 is my computer monitor and its around 15" (My TV is probably 13)

I dont want a really big screen...... I like small ones (NOT TO SMALL BUT ANYWAY)

Im really sorry guys for mocking up this thread with my stuff....... I didnt realise Steve couldnt see well and now I just feel terrible.......
Old 30-03-2018, 19:32   #5051
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Hugh I have 2 CRTs in my room.. 1 is my computer monitor
how old is it? I used to have a Mitsubishi crt (Diamond Pro 920 or something) which was a flatscreen crt and the bees knees at the time I got it (2001 ish) but that dies in 2010 and I replaced it with an lcd.
Old 31-03-2018, 06:27   #5052
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Im so sorry you had problems buddy...... I worry of that alot......... I got mine in the 90s I think.........
Old 31-03-2018, 21:40   #5053
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
I'm still curious to see this, as I love Alicia Vikander, I love the games (especially the last two) and i even enjoyed the Angelina Jolie Tomb Raider movies (which where essentially Indiana Jones movies with Angelina Jolie replacing Harrison Ford).

The last film I saw was Red Sparrow. I'd give this a 5.5 or a 6. It's an OK film, but it doesn't seem to know whether it wants to be a James Bond style action spy movie or a Frederick Forsyth style spy thriller. As such, it doesn't do either well. It's a shame, as the performances are generally excellent. In fact only a couple of things let the performances down. First, Joel Egerton and Jennifer Lawrence have no chemistry (on the contrary, they seem to hate each other. Second, Jennifer Lawrence's Russian accent sounds like the ones Spitting Image used to use for their Russian characters. This is highlighted by the fact that the three actors who play russian characters most with her, Joely Richardson, Charlotte Rampling and Jeremy Irons all do excellent Russian accents.
I loved the last two TR games too, even though they are not really recognisable as Tomb Raider games!
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 20:20   #5054
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Ready Player One 9/10

Just seen it yesterday at the Leicester Square IMAX, seemed to line up perfectly in regards to timing as I'd wanted to try out the Cinema.
Old 03-04-2018, 09:02   #5055
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

I last saw ONE FLEW OVER THE COOCOOS NEST (1975) on VHS

10/10