Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sainsbury's to stop selling fireworks

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Sainsbury's to stop selling fireworks

Old 20-10-2019, 21:23   #31
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: Sainsbury's to stop selling fireworks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
The minority win yet again, soon their get all fireworks banned including public.
Think you'll find it's the majority that are inconvenienced by fireworks for a month. On the appropriate day, they're fantastic.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-10-2019, 21:27   #32
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
You forgot this bit
Quote:
At other times you can only buy fireworks from licensed shops.
I never bought my fireworks in the time periods you listed.

---------- Post added at 20:27 ---------- Previous post was at 20:25 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Think you'll find it's the majority that are inconvenienced by fireworks for a month. On the appropriate day, they're fantastic.
I think its a minority, and not a month.
We sure as hell dont get them for "a month" around here.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2019, 00:18   #33
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
You forgot this bit

We sure as hell dont get them for "a month" around here
Lucky you.
Old 21-10-2019, 06:11   #34
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

It starts weeks before in our area and l suspect many other areas have exactly the same scenario.
Old 21-10-2019, 10:08   #35
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
You forgot this bit

We sure as hell dont get them for "a month" around here.
Last year, one got set off and put through an open house window in July. They start around September here.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2019, 12:52   #36
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Where I moved to, last year, they had a large Bonfire and Firework event on a large sports field, behind a hill in view of my front bedroom window, it was a ringside seat to a glorious filled firework session, didn't have to leave the house and never paid a penny to watch.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2019, 21:06   #37
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

You will give pyromaniacs a bad name... arm chair fireworks what ever next.
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2019, 21:08   #38
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Where I moved to, last year, they had a large Bonfire and Firework event on a large sports field, behind a hill in view of my front bedroom window, it was a ringside seat to a glorious filled firework session, didn't have to leave the house and never paid a penny to watch.
Yeah I prefer watching from indoors, the bangs are quieter.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2019, 22:48   #39
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

The real trick is just to record the fireworks one year then watch the replay every year after that.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2019, 23:07   #40
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
The real trick is just to record the fireworks one year then watch the replay every year after that.
Good idea - you can turn the volume down, and fast forward through the boring bits.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2019, 10:29   #41
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Not had any fireworks being let off by yobbos yet. Maybe because the local Sainsbury's are not selling them and there's no other easy supply.
Old 24-10-2019, 17:46   #42
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Typical nanny state.

The minority bitch and moan and get their way.

Which is typical of things in the UK.
Old 24-10-2019, 18:12   #43
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Typical nanny state.

The minority bitch and moan and get their way.

Which is typical of things in the UK.
Come live here, you'd soon change your mind. There is plenty of events, a lot free around the week of the 5th around the country. There is no need to sell explosives to the public and that's coming from someone who loves fireworks. Ask the emergency services what they think should happen to fireworks. I've personally seen one been shot at a police van, I nearly called 999 then realised who do you actually call when the police are on the receiving end of it. One got put into someone's open window which caused a fire too.

If not a full ban then make it so hard to buy some that it becomes a chore to buy them and hopefully that takes away most of the trouble makers. It's got nothing to do with a nanny state and just what makes sense and in fact they aren't even banned, a private company have stopped selling them, so not sure how you come to the conclusion of a nanny state.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2019, 19:43   #44
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

No fireworks going off here in cleethorpes ,and they are on sale year round.
Old 25-10-2019, 16:52   #45
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
Come live here, you'd soon change your mind.
I live here, my mind is not changed.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote