Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit (Old)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Brexit (Old)
Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2018, 22:35   #1801
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
On the contrary, its the 'true Brexit believers' that have their heads in the sand, denying the economic reality, and chaos that's unfolding.

Brexit is a romantic but rubbish idea no matter how you dislike the imperfect EU.
well said that man
Advertisement
Old 12-10-2018, 23:33   #1802
djfunkdup
NoT 1oF tHe UsUaLSuSpeCtS

Services: Hyper-Optic 1Gig
djfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpack

168Days 00Hrs 25Min and 50seconds

That's all that needs to be said ....
Old 13-10-2018, 08:11   #1803
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
On the contrary, its the 'true Brexit believers' that have their heads in the sand, denying the economic reality, and chaos that's unfolding.

Brexit is a romantic but rubbish idea no matter how you dislike the imperfect EU.
What utter crap.

The chaos is a made up fantasy by you Remainers, in your selfish hopes, leaving does fail. You are weak for not wanting to put your country first and going it alone.

My head is NOT in the sand. I’m proud to stand up for my country and vote us out of a pathetic con job membership club where we are only one of a handful of the members, who puts more in than we get out, we can self govern and live in prosperity outside the rotten EU. We do not need the corrupted EU to thrive.

It’s you Remainers with your heads in the sand. Not us Brexiteers!!!

And you would also selfishly destroy democracy to get your own way.

You lost. Us leavers won and we are strong, my head still stands high above my shoulders. Not in the sand.

---------- Post added at 08:11 ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfunkdup View Post

Fantastic.
Old 13-10-2018, 08:20   #1804
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Wondering how fishing will change after Brexit - it would appear not a lot. Small low impact fishing trawlers will still be up against the big 5.
Old 13-10-2018, 08:21   #1805
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
They are just looking after Irish interests, understandable really. The rest of the EU really doesn't have to accommodate us, up to us to solve the issues we've created.
And we will solve those issues. Not a problem, I don’t want those poisonous cretins accommodating us. They never have but gladly took our con job membership fee.
Old 13-10-2018, 10:05   #1806
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfunkdup View Post

Until what ?

We remain in the Customs Union in a never ending 'transition period', still in the EU in all but name, but with no say or influence and still bound by EU rules? Costing us billions more upon the extra billions this whole shambles has already cost us ? Looking forward to that ! (enjoy the celebrations, because it'll be a very long hangover when you wake up to reality.......)

---------- Post added at 10:05 ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
And we will solve those issues. Not a problem, I don’t want those poisonous cretins accommodating us. They never have but gladly took our con job membership fee.
Glad you're going to solve all the issues Mick ! Give TM a call and tell her how
Old 13-10-2018, 10:47   #1807
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:

I've heard Brexit called many things, but 'romantic' is stretching it a bit.

On the contrary, it's the remainers who are in some sort of love affair, with the EU. I can only envisage that they are closing their eyes and pinching their noses, or they are suffering from the Stockholm syndrome.

The sooner we leave that stinking bureaucratic, monolithic organisation, the better.
Old 13-10-2018, 10:55   #1808
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:

Glad you're going to solve all the issues Mick ! Give TM a call and tell her how
Gladly, first advice I'd give her is to resign and let a true Brexiteer steer the ship out of the EU Storm, needs someone's heart who is a true Brexiteer and believes in that Britain is way better out of a rotten EU empire that cons us of a hefty membership fee.
Old 13-10-2018, 11:04   #1809
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post

On the contrary, it's the remainers who are in some sort of love affair, with the EU. I can only envisage that they are closing their eyes and pinching their noses, or they are suffering from the Stockholm syndrome.

The sooner we leave that stinking bureaucratic, monolithic organisation, the better.
Wrong yet again as l voted for remain but l have no love affair with the EU l can assure you but yet again here we have some of the people who voted for Brexit insulting and belittling those who did not vote for it.

Its a unintelligent vacuous straw man argument which frankly to put it bluntly is insulting to many that voted for remain.
Old 13-10-2018, 11:24   #1810
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Wrong yet again as l voted for remain but l have no love affair with the EU l can assure you but yet again here we have some of the people who voted for Brexit insulting and belittling those who did not vote for it.

Its a unintelligent vacuous straw man argument which frankly to put it bluntly is insulting to many that voted for remain.
Den - you need to stop this defensive approach every time OB speaks - he is not speaking about you personally and he has said this to you in all fairness.

So enough of posts like this every time he says something about a Remainer, he is not talking about YOU - I could easily become offended every time a Remainer starts dissing a Brexiteer, but I don't.

As for the accusations of belittling and insulting, yes, over the last page, us Brexiteers have been, by being classed as ignorant and being told our heads are in the sand which is utter rubbish and I have said so, I took no offense to such ridiculous categorisations.
Old 13-10-2018, 11:50   #1811
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Quote from Yahoo finance:

The EU’s budget chief has ruled out the prospect of the UK keeping “the mother of all rebates” if Brexit is abandoned.

Gunther Oettinger said on Friday that he would find it “absolutely fabulous” if British voters decided to remain in the EU through a second referendum.

But he dealt a blow to campaigners calling for a ‘people’s vote’ by confirming the UK would have to pay more into the EU budget if it remained.

Speaking to reporters in Brussels, he said: “Even if, in the improbable but pleasant case that the UK were to remain – I would certainly find that to be absolutely fabulous but I can’t imagine it – in that instance then the gradual exit from the rebate would still be kept.

“I think that’s something which is no longer appropriate.”

His comments are likely to be seized on by Brexit supporters as proof the UK is better off outside the EU.
So remaining would cost the UK an EXTRA £4bn a year. That'll look good on the side of a bus.
Old 13-10-2018, 12:00   #1812
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Well those ‘poisonous cretins’ never accommodated us apart from;

Economic and monetary union, AKA the Euro
Charter of fundamental rights
Schengen Agreement
Area of Freedom, Security and Justice

Plus, of course a big old rebate.

Source - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opt-...European_Union
Old 13-10-2018, 12:23   #1813
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post

In fairness, the remainers on this forum have all said that the EU is imperfect but on balance, it is better to be in than out. I don't call that a love affair. In contrast, it is the Brexiters who ignore the economists who state leaving the EU will cause a long term negative impact on the UK and not just a short sharp shock.
Old 13-10-2018, 12:55   #1814
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbxx View Post
Well those ‘poisonous cretins’ never accommodated us apart from;

Economic and monetary union, AKA the Euro
Charter of fundamental rights
Schengen Agreement
Area of Freedom, Security and Justice

Plus, of course a big old rebate.

Source - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opt-...European_Union
Well gee, so unimpressive and still not worth the con job membership fee. I stand by what I said.
Old 13-10-2018, 14:06   #1815
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Well gee, so unimpressive and still not worth the con job membership fee. I stand by what I said.
But they have compromised and allowed the uk to opt out of some things yes?
Closed Thread