Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Essential Business Internet from £22 a month

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Virgin Essential Business Internet from £22 a month

Old 16-07-2018, 20:40   #1
Falkor
cf.member

Falkor is an unknown quantity at this point
Virgin Essential Business Internet from £22 a month

Hi All

I'm sure this must have been mentioned in previous posts but does anyone know the criteria for the Essential Business Service? I'm currently paying £35:23 for broadband only (over £400 PA) and feel it would be cheaper to start my own ISP. £22:00 sounds more reasonable for 50 down 5 up or whatever. As it stands I only get 90 down and 6 up anyway. Anyone know what business status I need to be (if any) to get onto the EBS?
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-07-2018, 22:10   #2
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold
Re: Virgin Essential Business Internet from £22 a month

Home office would be fine I'd imagine.
I looked I to this too as my wife works from home. But... The price excludes VAT, so if you're not VAT registeted the monthly cost is £26.40. Then you have a £50 installation fee which, averaged over the 2 year minimum term, brings your average monthly cost up to £28.48. You could get a better deal by switching providers and/or calling retentions.
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2018, 16:31   #3
Falkor
cf.member

Hi ID

Apologies for the delay in responding and thanks a lot for the info. Just to clarify, do you mean classifying my use as being a "Home office" to VM would be sufficient for their purposes, to supply a business subscription (rather than residential). Do you have to show evidence that you are commercial then? Or is "Home office" one of VMs or other ISPs packages (excuse my ignorance)?

Also with the prices you gave, am I right in saying that if I gave VM the £50 installation fee up front, ongoing, I would be billed £26.40 monthly inc everything? And what package is that, because even that one is £100 ish cheaper than what I'm currently paying pa.

As far as switching providers, I'm trying to get shot of my BT copper. I'm already running an OBi100 for VoIP for our phones as VM for the ISP on coax. I'm at the point now, where I can cancel the BT subscription. I've gone off BT for numerous reasons. I'm open to other non-copper pair providers (coax etc) solely for broadband, but I know they are few and far between.
Old 17-07-2018, 21:09   #4
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era

You do not need evidence that you are commercial - home worker for instance would be fine.

I have the VM Business service myself at home- no issue - just use your name as the company name and if asked say for a home worker. Note all prices quoted on the VMB site are excluding VAT - so you need to add that on to compare, so £26.40 is the VAT inclusive cost as has been said.

They will need to carry out a credit check on you - but suspect residential sales do that as well. Installation time can be longer but you will get improved SLAs if there is a fault.

The Business Essentials service is a 50/5 service - also note it's a 24 month contract.

Fixed IP address s not available on business essentials, but sounds like you don't need that. If you did the first option that has that is the 350/15 service
ccarmock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2018, 21:28   #5
Falkor
cf.member

Thanks so much for clarifying, that actually sounds OK. I don't need a fixed IP your're right so I'll have to hunt that deal down.