Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 2020/2021 season

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

2020/2021 season

Old 19-12-2020, 18:19   #256
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future
Re: 2020/2021 season

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
Saints finishing let them down badly, think Redmond had his boots on the wrong feet.
Yeah agree with you.
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-12-2020, 11:58   #257
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Goodness me, the Amazon Prime feed on VM is so far behind I got a message about Martial’s goal from my United app on my iPad 15 seconds before I saw it on screen.

We had a lovely HD picture on our Fire TV Stick, mind you I have wired it to a network switch.
Old 22-12-2020, 20:29   #258
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Can’t believe just how bad Arsenal are atm.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2020, 20:39   #259
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Just as you said that they woke up and scored.
Old 22-12-2020, 20:46   #260
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Just as you said that they woke up and scored.
I know, I wish I could harness this incredible power I have.
Old 22-12-2020, 20:48   #261
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
I know, I wish I could harness this incredible power I have.
You seem to be having a effect on Ole lately that is for sure.
Old 22-12-2020, 21:04   #262
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Since Ole got the job only Liverpool and City have got more points than Utd, he's possibly doing better than given credit for.
Old 22-12-2020, 21:10   #263
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Since Ole got the job only Liverpool and City have got more points than Utd, he's possibly doing better than given credit for.
Yes he is certainly doing better then the previous manager although l think to challenge the top 2 over a season l still think they need 3 more world class players at least.

Goalkeeper, Centre back and a midfield general.
Old 22-12-2020, 21:25   #264
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Yes he is certainly doing better then the previous manager although l think to challenge the top 2 over a season l still think they need 3 more world class players at least.

Goalkeeper, Centre back and a midfield general.
Centre back yes, Dean Henderson has the time and the quality to make a top class keeper. Midfield is not a problem area IMHO with Fernandes, Pogba (with his head on) McTominay who is young enough to improve even more, even Fred has stepped up his game.

Not convinced about our fullbacks defensive positioning though.

I Wouldn’t swap Bruno for any other player in the Premiership on current form.
Old 22-12-2020, 21:31   #265
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Centre back yes, Dean Henderson has the time and the quality to make a top class keeper. Midfield is not a problem area IMHO with Fernandes, Pogba (with his head on) McTominay who is young enough to improve even more, even Fred has stepped up his game.

Not convinced about our fullbacks defensive positioning though.

I Wouldn’t swap Bruno for any other player in the Premiership on current form.
l like how you said Pogba (with his head on) as he has been there long enough to know the full score.

Not totally convinced with Henderson.

McTominay can he stay fit?.

Fred is too inconsistent but Bruno was a very good buy.

You are obviously not convinced by Shaw and Wan-Bissaka.
Old 22-12-2020, 21:37   #266
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Quote:
I refer the honourable gentleman to my previous answer.

---------- Post added at 21:37 ---------- Previous post was at 21:35 ----------

There is no better tackler one on one than Wa-Bissaka but he leaves a lot of room behind himself at times.
Old 22-12-2020, 21:40   #267
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Trust me to open my gob...

---------- Post added at 21:40 ---------- Previous post was at 21:38 ----------

Quote:

---------- Post added at 21:37 ---------- Previous post was at 21:35 ----------

There is no better tackler one on one than Wa-Bissaka but he leaves a lot of room behind himself at times.
l agree and l am not too keen on the Centre backs as l think they paid far too much for Maguire who certainly does not convince me one iota.
Old 23-12-2020, 20:31   #268
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

This is looking ominously like a 1-0 win for Everton.
Old 23-12-2020, 20:40   #269
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
This is looking ominously like a 1-0 win for Everton.
What is this pessimistic tone as l thought you would be more positive tonight Jim.
Old 27-12-2020, 23:04   #270
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Steve Bruce, June 23rd 2020:

"Can we finish in the top 10?. That’s got to be our challenge. That would be a wonderful achievement, and that’s all I’m focused on at the minute.”

Steve Bruce, July 27th 2020:

"If someone said at the start of the season 'would you be happy to finish with seven teams below you?' we'd have taken that.

"But that's not enough. We want to push for the top 10 on a regular basis and not look over our shoulders."

Steve Bruce, October 31st 2020:

"We’d all love to be competing where the club was 20 years ago or whenever it was.

"But the way we are at the minute we have to accept that’s the way it is and try to keep moving inch-by-inch closer to what we’re trying to do – which is definitely finish in the top 10.”

Steve Bruce, December 23rd 2020:

"If you're a club like ours that expects to be in the bottom half of the Premier League, it's always tough.

"My remit is to make sure Newcastle remain a Premier League outfit, and that's what I'll try to achieve. That's where we've been for the last two or three years.

"Of course for Newcastle, in many people's eyes that isn't enough, but that's where we are."

Steve Bruce, December 26th 2020:

"We had a bad week, and some of the mass hysteria (from Newcastle fans) in my opinion was unjust, unfair, and a lot of it was not right in my opinion."

Steve Bruce, September 25th 2017:

"Of course here, at a club like ours, it turns into mass hysteria (from Aston Villa fans). A couple of bad results and all of a sudden it's the end of the world again.

Steve Bruce, August 26th 2011:

“It shows you how difficult it is up here. The mass hysteria (from Sunderland fans), I find some of it pathetic, to be honest."
- Steve Bruce 'The worst manager in Premier League history' repeating his antics of blaming anything but himself.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 27-12-2020 at 23:08.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote