Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What have you just bought?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

What have you just bought?

Old 20-02-2018, 17:45   #3946
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Re: What have you just bought?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
I thought was your bottom?
Dribbles more than runs I'd say.....
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-02-2018, 11:34   #3947
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Car insurance, as usual i wasn't happy with my AA Car insurance quote of £380 so using Gocompare.com i got it down to £288 with lower excesses then using the Topcashback site i got £35 cashback which has already been registered so in all got the car insurance for £253 and may have got it cheaper if i spent longer on those sites, just need to phone the AA up tomorrow and cancel their auto renewal as they're closed today!

These cashback sites are awesome, do you guys use them for free money?
I hate sorting out insurance too. House insurance - renewal was cheaper than going with the same insurer via comparison site. Car insurance next - 2 cars - last 2 years two separate policies from one insurer cheaper than multicar from the same. But it's all the fine detail - offers look good until you add on stuff then that great offer looks less good than before while another quote doesn't change as much and becomes better.
Old 21-02-2018, 12:38   #3948
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
I hate sorting out insurance too. House insurance - renewal was cheaper than going with the same insurer via comparison site. Car insurance next - 2 cars - last 2 years two separate policies from one insurer cheaper than multicar from the same. But it's all the fine detail - offers look good until you add on stuff then that great offer looks less good than before while another quote doesn't change as much and becomes better.
They always increase the excesses hoping you wont notice.
Old 21-02-2018, 16:59   #3949
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

A memory foam pillow.
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2018, 18:09   #3950
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Some suspiciously cheap blueberries from the market.... Will test them on Mrs K first
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2018, 18:23   #3951
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

A 12 month Playstation Plus renewal via CDkeys.com and Facebook to get £2 off, so £37.80 instead of the normal price of £50 in the shops.
Old 21-02-2018, 19:47   #3952
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

350g pack of diced goat. Reduced from £4 to £2.35. Neither of us has ever tried it before so I'll follow the slow cook instructions on the pack and see.
Old 21-02-2018, 19:50   #3953
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
350g pack of diced goat. Reduced from £4 to £2.35. Neither of us has ever tried it before so I'll follow the slow cook instructions on the pack and see.
Goat is lovely old bean but as you say it will need to slow cook for several hours.
Old 21-02-2018, 19:51   #3954
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Slow and low, then skim off the fat before flavouring (I like Curry Goat Jamaican style).

I bought some more Daylight LED GLS lamps from Home Bargains. They have put out old promotional stock marked half the price they are now, and the 60W equiv ones from that stick actually produce twice the lumens.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2018, 20:06   #3955
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

I'm a big fan of slow cooking.

Also bought a small, 12", bench-top lathe from my sisters boyfriend. I have most other power tools but this is the one that I don't have but do need on occasion and have to work round.
Old 25-02-2018, 20:24   #3956
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Unfortunately i was forced to get a new mobile phone under contract as my LG G3 went tits up last night!
Old 26-02-2018, 01:06   #3957
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

A Bathroom set from M & S, 20% off
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2018, 11:42   #3958
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
One thing done in the Caribbean is to wash the meat in lime juice before cooking (not marinate). Whether to cook slow or not will depend on the cut but likely the best in your case.
Old 26-02-2018, 12:11   #3959
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

There was a Jaimacan jerk recipe on the back of the pack so I did it to that. A whole Scotch bonnet went in minus the seeds. Not a fan of lime so I skipped adding that. 6 hours slow cooking and it was beautifully tender. Much like lamb but a little stronger. Pretty hot sauce.
Old 26-02-2018, 19:45   #3960
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Nose trimmer for hubby as he is at that age now in where he really one