Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2019, 21:26   #4951
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
As per usual your changing your argument , you told us a bunch of streaming services now we are just comparing one. It won't be long before the Netflix HD package is touching £10.

Add in all these other services you keep telling us and people will eventually end up spending more.
Well, I suppose if an incredible choice of programming is available from all these streaming services, it would be ridiculous to subscribe to them all at the same time as you'd never get around to watching everything!
At least you won't be locked in to any service for a year. You can chop and change. Simples. Cheaper.
Advertisement
Old 07-03-2019, 21:37   #4952
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Here’s what I get on an iPad (attached pic)

It shows
Basic £5.99
Standard £7.99
Premium £9.99

Looking at my Android phone, it says
Basic £6.99
Standard £8.99
Premium £10.99

So, it’s not just you...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Very strange!
Gets even weirder - on my (win10) PC, the prices are
Basic £6.99
Standard £9.99
Premium £12.99
Attached Images
File Type: jpg H Netflix on PC.jpg (158.9 KB, 8 views)
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 07-03-2019 at 21:42.
Old 07-03-2019, 21:43   #4953
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Well, I suppose if an incredible choice of programming is available from all these streaming services, it would be ridiculous to subscribe to them all at the same time as you'd never get around to watching everything!
At least you won't be locked in to any service for a year. You can chop and change. Simples. Cheaper.
That’s a big “if” in your first sentence.

Will just have to hope these streaming services release their big series in line with your rota and don’t go down the “one episode a week” route.
Old 08-03-2019, 00:06   #4954
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Here’s what they’re offering me via my iPad right now if I visit their website while not signed in, and also the prices I’m offered to upgrade or downgrade after I sign in.
Attached Images
File Type: png FCA93DFF-F767-4BCB-A9A4-8B60B070A10E.png (144.0 KB, 20 views)
File Type: png E61622EA-4D57-4510-B4A6-15A3B5FC0FD6.png (205.5 KB, 20 views)
Old 08-03-2019, 14:17   #4955
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Here’s what they’re offering me via my iPad right now if I visit their website while not signed in, and also the prices I’m offered to upgrade or downgrade after I sign in.
In the past when Netflix have increased prices they have given existing customers the old rate for a period of time. That might explain this difference between logged in price and new customer price.

Having said that, they normally accompany it with a press release or e-mail to customers. As far as I know they haven't done this.
Old 08-03-2019, 14:23   #4956
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
In the past when Netflix have increased prices they have given existing customers the old rate for a period of time. That might explain this difference between logged in price and new customer price.

Having said that, they normally accompany it with a press release or e-mail to customers. As far as I know they haven't done this.
There certainly has been no email notification from them coming through to us.
Old 08-03-2019, 16:03   #4957
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
You have to remember MM a leopard never changes its spots.
Nor spots its changes😱
Old 08-03-2019, 18:58   #4958
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post

Both my differing prices are not logged in prices as i am not a member.
Old 08-03-2019, 19:11   #4959
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post

You don't have to be locked in for a year to linear channel packages either, so streaming is no different.

Why there are so many different prices for Netflix is beyond me
Old 08-03-2019, 23:26   #4960
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Sky Mobile launches unlimited streaming with Watch

https://www.skygroup.sky/corporate/m...ing-with-watch
Old 09-03-2019, 01:24   #4961
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
You don't have to be locked in for a year to linear channel packages either, so streaming is no different.

Maybe so, but linear packages are crap imo.
Old 09-03-2019, 02:24   #4962
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:

Really? That's not what I am hearing on the street.

What it is you prefer about scheduled linear channels, flooded with commercials, that gives you no control, I really don't understand.

I accept that nothing will change this enslavement between you and linear which has caused this Stockholm syndrome, but hopefully you will start to see the light when the linear channels are finally killed off.

It will happen, but in the meantime, enjoy the mediocraty.

---------- Post added at 01:24 ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Double crap, even. I would not watch TV if that's how I was forced to watch.
Old 09-03-2019, 11:49   #4963
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Streaming is crap IMO - obviously our tastes and viewing habits differ!
Old 09-03-2019, 12:25   #4964
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

What are these linear packages that are crap? MUTV or some other standalone channel?

The services from Sky, Virgin Media and BT include streaming and mobile options. Thousands of hours of on demand content is available from a range of content partners.
Old 09-03-2019, 12:27   #4965
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Streaming is crap IMO - obviously our tastes and viewing habits differ!
If you watch only sport, that I can understand. But, if you are talking about dramas, I don't see where you are coming from. Lately, the BBC and ITV dramas have improved, but there are not many of them at any one time.
Closed Thread