Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Changelog

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media Changelog

Old 14-08-2018, 16:10   #1171
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Virgin Media Changelog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Technically it doesn't actually matter.

All boxes are now HD compatible, so those with SD outputs can downgrade HD to SD, so as long there isn't a need for a SD / HD split within the TV packs (e.g. Dave), Virgin Media only need to carry an HD version.
Some prefer to record in SD to save disc space.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-08-2018, 14:18   #1172
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

UKTV catch up has now appeared. Vintage TV has been taken off the EPG.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2018, 14:45   #1173
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
UKTV catch up has now appeared.
There's nice for you OB, lots of classic programming for you to catch up on

Just hope they don't do anyting stupid like getting Sky Atlantic - wouldn't want my sub wasted on that rubbish
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2018, 14:58   #1174
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post

Just hope they don't do anyting stupid like getting Sky Atlantic - wouldn't want my sub wasted on that rubbish
But you don't represent the whole of Virgin's customer base Mr K as its not just about you.
Old 15-08-2018, 16:09   #1175
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post

Or rather, I can take a self satisfied look at the old repeated material on there and reassure myself that I was right all along and haven't missed anything worth watching.

Then it will dawn on me how much money I'm wasting paying out for all this second rate stuff.

---------- Post added at 15:09 ---------- Previous post was at 15:07 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
But you don't represent the whole of Virgin's customer base Mr K as its not just about you.
He most certainly doesn't, but I enjoy reading his perverse point of view, which always tends to be the direct opposite of mine. Still, he is very entertaining with it!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2018, 20:47   #1176
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
UKTV catch up has now appeared. Vintage TV has been taken off the EPG.
Not all of it. So far only Gold, W Alibi, Dave, Drama and Really have been added back into Catch Up. Yesterday, Good Food, Eden and Home are missing.

The red button UKTV Play app hasn't been put back on the channels.

Gold and Dave are the only UKTV channels put back into Box Sets so far.

Much quicker to delete all the UKTV content than to put it back!
SonicMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2018, 21:07   #1177
RegularCapital
cf.member

Services: Virgin Media
RegularCapital is an unknown quantity at this point

This morning, I've received a notification on my V6 cable box saying that Disney XD +1 will be closing on Friday 24th August.

Photo of the notification

Last edited by RegularCapital; 20-08-2018 at 21:11.
RegularCapital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2018, 10:45   #1178
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

VM have removed the logos for various channels from the TV Guide on the box and the TV Control app:

Paramount Network
Paramount Network HD
Lifetime
Lifetime +1
Quest HD
Love Nature HD
Premier Sports HD
Old 24-08-2018, 11:09   #1179
Lozenge
Inactive

Lozenge is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
VM have removed the logos for various channels from the TV Guide on the box and the TV Control app:

Paramount Network
Paramount Network HD
Lifetime
Lifetime +1
Quest HD
Love Nature HD
Premier Sports HD
A lot of these logos didn't fully match the channel name; lack of HD in logo for most of them. The Lifetime logos were ridiculously small and almost unreadable. Maybe this is why they've gone, perhaps VM realised they weren't very clear, hopefully they will be back with better versions.
Lozenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2018, 09:40   #1180
SonicMaster
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularCapital View Post
This morning, I've received a notification on my V6 cable box saying that Disney XD +1 will be closing on Friday 24th August.

Photo of the notification
It's still in the EPG here with the listings continuing all the way to 1st September.
Old 25-08-2018, 12:51   #1181
StevenNT
cf.addict

Services: 500Mb Hyperoptic, Sky Signature with HD, UHD and Ultimate On Demand
StevenNT has a spectacular aura about themStevenNT has a spectacular aura about themStevenNT has a spectacular aura about themStevenNT has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
It's still in the EPG here with the listings continuing all the way to 1st September.
Just had a look and despite the EPG info it's got a channel closed slide now.

---------- Post added at 11:51 ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 ----------

Quote:

Paramount Network
Paramount Network HD
Lifetime
Lifetime +1
Quest HD
Love Nature HD
Premier Sports HD
At first I thought it was my box acting odd, but glad it's not just me then
StevenNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2018, 13:50   #1182
SonicMaster
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozenge View Post
A lot of these logos didn't fully match the channel name; lack of HD in logo for most of them. The Lifetime logos were ridiculously small and almost unreadable. Maybe this is why they've gone, perhaps VM realised they weren't very clear, hopefully they will be back with better versions.
ZooMoo HD logo also now removed (the version without the HD bit) so looks like they are in the process of removing all the incorrect versions and hopefully replacing them soon.

The tiny Lifetime HD logo is still there, but will likely get replaced when they put Lifetime and Lifetime HD back.
Old 27-08-2018, 01:53   #1183
RegularCapital
cf.member

Services: Virgin Media
RegularCapital is an unknown quantity at this point

A bit of legacy/historical news: Although this won't change the operations of Virgin as it now functions as a single national cable TV company, but it does have some historical value. I've noticed that Virgin Media has been dissolving some of the cable companies it has taken over, including my ex-local cable company (Cable Midlands/Telewest) which will cease to be a legal entity from tomorrow (28th August).

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/01882074
RegularCapital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2018, 09:37   #1184
StevenNT
cf.addict

Services: 500Mb Hyperoptic, Sky Signature with HD, UHD and Ultimate On Demand
StevenNT has a spectacular aura about themStevenNT has a spectacular aura about themStevenNT has a spectacular aura about themStevenNT has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
ZooMoo HD logo also now removed (the version without the HD bit) so looks like they are in the process of removing all the incorrect versions and hopefully replacing them soon.

The tiny Lifetime HD logo is still there, but will likely get replaced when they put Lifetime and Lifetime HD back.
Oh my box they have all come back overnight despite still being "incorrect"

---------- Post added at 08:37 ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularCapital View Post
A bit of legacy/historical news: Although this won't change the operations of Virgin as it now functions as a single national cable TV company, but it does have some historical value. I've noticed that Virgin Media has been dissolving some of the cable companies it has taken over, including my ex-local cable company (Cable Midlands/Telewest) which will cease to be a legal entity from tomorrow (28th August).

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/01882074
My former one still seems to be around too CableTel Surrey and Hampshire which NTL purchased and not even dissolved but looking at the address Virgin Media operates out of that HQ (I think)https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/02740651
StevenNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2018, 09:59   #1185
SonicMaster
cf.geek

Quote:

All logos now replaced with the correct versions.